Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasmic

• Sock Puppet

Fantasmic

Hey everyone,
    I am a new poster here so I apologize if this has been brought up already.
    I was watching Fantasmic this last Saturday and the Ursula float didn't come out. It rarely does anymore. is their a reason why they don't use that float anymore?

• I Hug My Tapirs

The Ursula float was plagued with technical problems from the start. It was constantly breaking down, and you were just as likely to see the show without it as you were to see the show with it. So a few years back they ditched it altogether and now just use the mist screen video instead.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Maximus

wow... Ursula has been gone for SOO long now. I miss her scary arms flailing about! But you all will be able to see Ursula (a BIG one) starting May 5th, coming down the street, in the Parade of Dreams! She's HUGE and it looks AWESOME!

• I won't grow up!

Thats funny because the first two times I saw the show she was there both times - years apart. Then when I went with my family she was gone.
    Guess I just hit it perfectly.
    She was fairly awsome... I kinda missed her in the show I saw with just the video... didn't quite get the point across well

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Sock Puppet

they didn't even have the video of her last week. just the fountains and audio portion. It was wierd

• Banned User

the last few times i saw it pinnocchio was gone, but the version of the show they were using in the light board to hide the fact that something was missing still had the lighting cues from when ursala was still in the show.

• Sock Puppet

that's right the pinnocchio part was gone also.....

• I won't grow up!

oh no!!! Not Pinnochio... that was one of my favorite parts!! I hope they hix him before I go next - my husband has never seen the show..

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Quote Originally Posted by idontneedaname
    that's right the pinnocchio part was gone also.....
    He is only gone for a lil bit (they hope) they have been having problems with the rigging for a while now. That is a large part of the show so if he is gone they might just change over to Disney-MGM's version of all the bubbles. But I don't think they can do that with the time and everything. Just to put in another clip would cause some major reprograming.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• I won't grow up!

That and the show already has alot of clips... I suppose one more may not hurt...
    But that is one of the big amazing part of the show... hmm maybe I am just rambling lol

• Banned User

i agree that they definately over use the clips. When you see the first clip, it's an awesome effect, but then they use it too much and none of the clips are really that amazing.

• Baybeh!

There has always been a bit of a lag in the middle of the show. I think there is one too many villian rants. They could have done away with Ursula all together, just to help with pacing.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    As much as I love Fantasmic! I would still like to see it get an update. Perhaps add/change out a scene or two and update some of the effects. Over the years, we have been loosing little bits of the show. Eventually, they'll kill it with cuts unless something is done to beef it up again.

Don't forget, this is a VERY expensive show for Disney. I'm sure that there are quite a few people still in TDA that would love to see Fantasmic! glow away forever. They tried to kill it a few years ago, but were unsuccessful.

I really think that they should make major changes in time for the 15th anniversary of the show (just a few years away now).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• It's all nonsense

I love the show...i just think the location is horrible. there is virtually no seating and the crowds get somewhat out of control. I really think it'd be a good idea to build a venue that is dedicated to fantasmic!, ala WDW. eveyone is going to hate me for saying this...but i think DCA would be a good place for this. i think it'd be a good start to get the ball rolling on turning DCA around, plus they have a little more room to expand/build a venue than DL does.

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I love the show...i just think the location is horrible. there is virtually no seating and the crowds get somewhat out of control. I really think it'd be a good idea to build a venue that is dedicated to fantasmic!, ala WDW. eveyone is going to hate me for saying this...but i think DCA would be a good place for this. i think it'd be a good start to get the ball rolling on turning DCA around, plus they have a little more room to expand/build a venue than DL does.
    Not a bad idea, but that park really needs a new and amazing show of it's own to bring in the crowds.

Than again, DCA is packed when the Electrical Parade is showing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast