• Imagineer in training

Help for a weary traveller

Hey guys and gals! I will be on vacation to Disneyland July 15-21. I am travelling with friends, but they will be heading home on the 18th, leaving me with 4 days to explore solo.
    Here are my options:
    1) My travel agent can get me a smokin' deal at the Jolly Roger for $59/ night.
    2) I have friends in Villa Park (6 miles east on Katella), who MAY be able to host me.
    >>>> If so, I'd need to either rent a car, or hire a taxi, to get to the park. My travel agent is estimating the cost of a rental car/ insurance/ gas/ mileage/ parking to surpass that of the hotel rates.

Does any one have an estimate on what taxi fares would be to Villa Park? Or does Orange County have a good bus system?

Lastly, is there anyone who lives nearby that would like to hang out from the 18th-21st? Perhaps have a spare room I could crash in for the night if all else fails?

FOOTNOTE: I'm planning to attend one of the Mice Chat Meet-ups over the weekend of the 15th-17th. See some of you then!

Thanks for any tips!

• The Duck Rules

I would not rent a car but would stay at the Jolly Roger. Not a high end motel but it's a Good Neighbor Hotel so one would hope it's ok.

Anaheim Resort Transportation runs trolleys from the Jolly Roger to the Parks. Cost is $3.00 per day. You can go to http://www.dlresortinfo.com and cllick on Getting Around DLR

judimouse

• șoș Tom șoș

Villa Park is so darned close, the money you save will more than cover the cost of the decent to fair bus system that shuttles dozens of employees and youngins to the park each and everyday!

Furthermore, those friends of yours should be able to drop you off, its literally so close, they'd be jerks not to!

• Puppy Cuddles

I would stay at Villa Park. Being one of the few So Cal residents lacking a car, I have fallen in love with OCTA. The system is great and Disneyland is a major stop. Go to www.octa.net. They have trip and route planners there and all you have to do is put in adresses (or just type in "Disneyland"). Bus fare is $1.25 and you can also buy passes that might save you even more money. That way, you can buy loads of stuff at the park.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

I used to live in Villa Park and its not far from the park. Stay there and save your money for more important things like yummy frozen bananas, or some 50th Disney stuff.

• Minion

Katella is a major street with lots of busses running along it. If your friend's house is within walking distance of katella, the bus is a great way to get to disneyland. And wouldnt it be great to be able to spend $60 more each day in the park?

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    "****! Her name is Alberta, she lives in Vancouver..."

(Sorry DarylF, I've been listening to Avenue Q in the car...)
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarylF
    Hey guys and gals! I will be on vacation to Disneyland July 15-21. I am travelling with friends, but they will be heading home on the 18th, leaving me with 4 days to explore solo.
    I will be there going solo from July 15-22 also.

Lastly, is there anyone who lives nearby that would like to hang out from the 18th-21st? Perhaps have a spare room I could crash in for the night if all else fails?
    I don't live nearby and I don't have a spare room to crash in for the night, but if all else fails we can meeet up and hang out one of those days if you get tired of going solo. :o

FOOTNOTE: I'm planning to attend one of the Mice Chat Meet-ups over the weekend of the 15th-17th. See some of you then!

Thanks for any tips!
    There is going to be a MiceChat DrinkUp on the 16th if you are interested? :devil:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4363

See you there or at one of the other MiceChat MeetUps over the weekend!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Imagineer in training

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    I will be there going solo from July 15-22 also.

I don't live nearby and I don't have a spare room to crash in for the night, but if all else fails we can meeet up and hang out one of those days if you get tired of going solo. :o

There is going to be a MiceChat DrinkUp on the 16th if you are interested? :devil:

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4363

See you there or at one of the other MiceChat MeetUps over the weekend!
    Cool, cool! I'll have my people contact your people and we'll make plans. My friends in Villa Park sent me an e-mail today, and they will be home so I can stay there. (Oddly, they have made plans to visit ME the day before I leave for Disneyland.... how nutty is that!) They've even offered to drive me... woo hoo! I will look into OCTA as well. Thanks for you feedback everyone! You all rock! That $60/day money saved will equal a nifty CD set and more!

BTW, I'm bringing photo updates of my new Lego Disneyland projects to share with everyone at the Meetup who may be interested. I hope to post some pics soon here, too.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Daryl we should have an unoffcail calgary micechat meet up maybe moxies or by ur lego

Cool, cool! I'll have my people contact your people and we'll make plans. My friends in Villa Park sent me an e-mail today, and they will be home so I can stay there. (Oddly, they have made plans to visit ME the day before I leave for Disneyland.... how nutty is that!) They've even offered to drive me... woo hoo! I will look into OCTA as well. Thanks for you feedback everyone! You all rock! That $60/day money saved will equal a nifty CD set and more!

BTW, I'm bringing photo updates of my new Lego Disneyland projects to share with everyone at the Meetup who may be interested. I hope to post some pics soon here, too.
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• CM for 4 years!

BUT if you want to stay until park closing, you might be in trouble. The busses don't run very much past 11 pm. :/
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.