Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

This idea sucks.

And I even like DCA and spend part of my day over there. But this? NO NO NO
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Sock Puppet

The problem here is that now Disney is messing with TRADITION. It is tradition to have snow at Disneyland, because it's the only magical place in So-cal that can do it. There's no magic in DCA, sorry, DCA isn't Disneyland and it's not tradition to go to DCA for the Holidays. It's not tradition to stand by the huge christmas tree at DCA. And it's not tradition to watch the Disneyland Christmas at DCA. They should keep Disneyland in Disneyland, because that's where people want to be to see it. They don't want to be at DCA, they should know this by now, doesn't matter what attraction or show you bring in from Disney, quick fixes won't help. Scrap the new parade for the two months of Nov. and Dec. and put in the Xmas parade and just add 50th logos to the floats and maybe a few props and costumes from the new parade. And DCA should find it's own way to theme for Xmas, not steal DL parades and elements. Again, I stress that if they go through with this they are not only spoiling this years Holiday celebration, but the memories we had in the past. Disney is based on tradition and it seems like since DCA, we have been going further and further away from all those traditions. It sucks

Thank you THE BOB. This is the kind of stuff the higher ups need to hear, but should already know. It's obvious people are still not excited about DCA. STOP raping Disneyland to try to give a quick fix to something that needs a complete overhaul.

There are alot of really great ideas coming into this thread and I am loving it! I am glad to see that I am not the only passionate one about this. I just wish the big wigs out in TDA would look at this thread and see some of the wonderful ideas that are coming out. I agree whole heartedly with johnsmith96 with their passion on this subject as well. There has always been a Christmas Parade at Disneyland and there should always be one!
    Keep em coming - I am loving this!

• Defeats the Huns

In my opinoin, they definitely need to keep Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland. I think their only problem with that is they don't want to put Parade of Dreams away for the two months of holiday time. But then if they keep both, where would they park all those gigantic floats during the day when they're down by Town Square.

My proposal is to start the first parade, let's say Parade of Dreams will be first, down in Town Square. It will travel up to Small World and park in the warehouse there. Then the Christmas Fantasy parade will come down at night from Small World to Town Square, and then park there for the night. The next day, CHristmas Fantasy will come first and then Parade of Dreams comes out at night. Of course, i think that's easier said then done because they don't want the floats crowding up the backstage area the entire night. And weather may also be a problem for the floats if they're just parked backstage exposed to wind and maybe even rain. BUT, I still think it's something they should think about doing.

I LOVE A Christmas Fantasy and I'd hate for it to go over to DCA because it's just not going to be as magical.

However, if they just scrap the idea of bringing the entire parade over to DCA and just tag on a Christmas Finale Unit to the end of POD like merlinjones said. Granted it's not the full parade, but at least it'll be in Disneyland.

I'm just angered that they want it in DCA! GRRR!

• Minion

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think this makes sense. If there is not enough room to have both the PoD and CF parades in Disneyland, I think that the PoD should stay. Disneyland's 50th is a HUGE occasion, and being as the christmas break season may be the only time many people can come during the 50th, I think they should keep the 50th parade. And I think that while the CF parade won't be as magical in DCA, it's better to put it there then nowhere. And it's probably a good business strategy as well.
    About the fireworks- I have posted this earlier, so I will try to recap my idea. Create a NEW show, titled "Remember... Holiday Dreams Come True". Begin basically the same, but with the music slightly tweaked to sound more holiday-ish (bells or something? Not sure how to describe what sound they'd use, but I can hear it in my head) Change Julie's narration to something along the lines of "50 years ago, a magical place was born, a place where the magic of the holidays would always live on" When you get to the characters making a wish segment, how about changing it to the characters making holiday wishes. for example "I'm wishing... for a white christmas" "I wish we could have peace on earth" "I wish everybody could share the magic of the holidays" etc... then proceed with Tink's usual flight. Proceed into the E-Tickets in the sky section, but add a focus on the music from HOLIDAY attractions- for example, change the HM portion to a HMH section. Add in the Christmas Fantasy Music, IASWH, maybe even Believe Holiday, you get the idea. So while most of that section would remain the same, there would definitely be a holiday theme. Return to the normal ending, with Julie stating " The memories of the holidays will always live within you, and Disneyland will continue to create holiday memories for years to come" At the end, play "Remember When" with new holiday lyrics, as snow falls.

What do you think?

^ I'm with you oon that one. It's not the end of the world that the Xmas Parade may go across the street. It WOULD be if the Parade was going all together.

I'm in agreeance with Disguy on this - at least you'll be able to see what's going on if it does in fact go to DCA

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith96
    You are entitled to your opinion, but I do not think the Christmas Parade is crappy. Granted, there have been better incarnations of it, but this is not the point. There has always been a Christmas Parade at Disneyland as long as I can remember. Regardless of what version it is, it has been a time honored tradition. The issue at hand, is not having a Christmas Parade at Disneyland at all. With Disneyland all decked out with decorations, it makes no sense to have the one thing that completely fits with that theme over at a park that would not do it justice. Look how many people come every Holiday Season & line the parade route to watch it. It makes no sense to move it.
    That's ture...

I think that is a brilliant idea concerning Holiday fireworks. This has been the best suggestion so far. I love the idea about the characters making Holiday wishes and making the Mansion section the Haunted Mansion Holiday version. The Julie Andrews narration idea is brilliant as well. Good job!!!! Now if we can just get everyone on board with the Christmas Parade being kept at Disneyland along with Parade of Dreams, we'll be all set.

• Banned User

Now that I think of it- Yes, keep A Christmas Fantasy in Disneyland along with Parade of Dreams. Have a showing of POD's first, then Christmas Fantasy, then POD's again, and then that last parade of the day could be A Christmas Fantasy once more. However, could budgets approve two seperate parades runnning four times a day altogether?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I say, for remember dreams come true, for christmas take out the wishes finale and beggining, and put in a christmas style beggining and finale, with Julie Andrews voice... Tink could still come out, and during the amazing finale with the new christmas music, tink waves her wand and it snows! Still keeping with the 50th theme, by keeping the e-ticket in the sky.
    Dang good idea. The whole "Wishes" portion is bad anyways and I really wish they would change it anyway. A Christmas Remember with a swapped-out Wishes part for Christmas music would be great, and the snow would fit right in at the end. Perfect!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Why thanks you Johnshmith! I try I think that doing the fireworks that way would focus on both the holidays and the 50th by focusing on the 50 years of holiday magic and memories that Disneyland has made! If you think about it, this is Disneyland's 50th Christmas Season as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Now that I think of it- Yes, keep A Christmas Fantasy in Disneyland along with Parade of Dreams. Have a showing of POD's first, then Christmas Fantasy, then POD's again, and then that last parade of the day could be A Christmas Fantasy once more. However, could budgets approve two seperate parades runnning four times a day altogether?
    I think another big issue is that there is not enough room in the warehouse! The PoD floats are HUGE!

I remember the days when 4 parades were the norm during the busy summers. There would be 2 performances of the Lion King Celebration at 2 & 4:30 pm, then 2 performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade at 9 & 10:30 pm. Even if they can't afford to run that many anymore, they can run one of each. One during the day and the other in the evening. At least we will get to see both. Normally, during the Holiday season, only the Christmas Parade runs, but I agree, with the 50th Anniversary they need to run Parade of Dreams all season as well. I know I am rambling, but they really need to think about running both at Disneyland and not move the Christmas Parade to DCA.

yeah holidayizing the fireworks would be easy enough

if they want to be lazy they could even skip editing the Etickets segment just replace all the wishes segements with holiday music

it's like making an Oreo you just need to make sure the cookie matches the cream and the Etickets segment is such the cream center of an Oreo :B

anywho I think some of you hardcore fans are just a bit too um hardcore?

I don't get what the big difference is in tradition this is Disneylands birthday and they plans they're going with sound great to me (which btw this has been said a month or so before Al said it)

they'll have a mini Christmas parade type deal for Disneyland and they'll move the parade over to DCA so that they can refurb the Electrical Parade (and hopefully add some new things to it)

I don't think they're making any alterations I don't see how a special Christmas parade would look anyworse in DCA (though hopefully they'll amp up the Christmas decorations there) it'll be pretty much the exact same parade but with different viewing locations

sounds pretty exciting to me to see something that's limited time only

after the 50th they'll go back to the same old tradition there's nothing to complain about here (unless your somehow afraid that this parade will drasticaly increase DCA's numbers and causes Disney to move the parade to DCA perminatly)

there will be plenty of holiday offerings at both parks which makes it great for any holiday tourists who can spread out their shows and rides for the whole trip and have a great time

and then for the other side of the coin, most of you complainers are AP holders it's not like it's costing you anymore to cross over into DCA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast