Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am not an AP holder. I live in Las Vegas and only come once or twice a year and pay full price. Please do not assume that everyone on these threads are AP's. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    yeah holidayizing the fireworks would be easy enough

if they want to be lazy they could even skip editing the Etickets segment just replace all the wishes segements with holiday music

it's like making an Oreo you just need to make sure the cookie matches the cream and the Etickets segment is such the cream center of an Oreo :B

anywho I think some of you hardcore fans are just a bit too um hardcore?

I don't get what the big difference is in tradition this is Disneylands birthday and they plans they're going with sound great to me (which btw this has been said a month or so before Al said it)

they'll have a mini Christmas parade type deal for Disneyland and they'll move the parade over to DCA so that they can refurb the Electrical Parade (and hopefully add some new things to it)

I don't think they're making any alterations I don't see how a special Christmas parade would look anyworse in DCA (though hopefully they'll amp up the Christmas decorations there) it'll be pretty much the exact same parade but with different viewing locations

sounds pretty exciting to me to see something that's limited time only

after the 50th they'll go back to the same old tradition there's nothing to complain about here (unless your somehow afraid that this parade will drasticaly increase DCA's numbers and causes Disney to move the parade to DCA perminatly)

there will be plenty of holiday offerings at both parks which makes it great for any holiday tourists who can spread out their shows and rides for the whole trip and have a great time

and then for the other side of the coin, most of you complainers are AP holders it's not like it's costing you anymore to cross over into DCA
    Actually, not an AP holder, but a cast member. But the whole arguement here is that Disney is doing this not only as a way to keep going with the POD, but they are also doing it as a quick fix to increase the numbers of DCA. It just seems like they are cheating the people who will come during the Holidays for the first time or maybe only time in their lives out of a truly magical experience. Why would these people who are coming from other parts of the world want to have a Disney Xmas experience at the secondary park. No one, NO ONE goes to the Disneyland resort for DCA, they go there for Disneyland experience. And there isn't a more "magical" time to go to the holidays and the parade and the snow just adds to that at Disney and on the same hand DL just enhances those qualities. I just don't see DCA having the same effect, or people really wanting to go to DCA, Because it's not DISNEYLAND.

So basically my arguement here has to with the fact that DisneyLand is a magical place while DCA is just another theme park. And adding the Xmas parade and snow won't change that, people still won't go. And if they do, they won't have the same experience they would have if all that stuff was at Disney.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I'm just surprised nobody has pointed out the most obvious problem of all! I mean, how can the Disney characters--who appear in BOTH parades--possibly appear in both parades at the same time? Unless they stagger the times the parades come out. But, even then, it's asking an awful lot out of Mickey to change from his royal outfit into his Christmas suit--or for Princess Aurora to switch tiaras--or for Woody to forget all about his Block Party Bash routine, in favor of a different parade suddenly invading DCA. The demands they put on the characters these days is getting out of control!!

Everyone seems to forget that not that long ago it was the norm to run 2 different parades at Disneyland. A different one during the day and a different one in the evening. During the summer there would be 2 performances of each. This is not new and is not that difficult on the characters. They currently run 2 performances daily of the same parade. During the Holiday season they would just do a performance of Parade of Dreams & in the evening a performance of the Christmas Parade. They should add something different over at DCA in addition to Block Party Bash during the Holiday season. I do appreciate the concern for the characters though. A lot of people do forget what the performers have to go through and I applaud them for their dedication and hard work. This particular scenario though is not difficult as there is plenty of time between the performances.
    Last edited by johnsmith96; 06-09-2005 at 05:46 AM.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by tigger001
    Am I the only one that is upset by this news as reported by Al this week? In my opinion, this parade does not belong at DCA. It is a tradition at Disneyland and always has been. If they want to do something for DCA, then do an entirely different parade.
    Also, I have an idea or two on doing the snow at Christmastime. I think that as the last float for the Christmas Parade goes by, then you can add the song that was at the end of the Christmas fireworks show for the last couple of years and have the snow come on as the parade leaves that show stop. Or, you could redo the exit song from the current fireworks show to something with more of a Christmas feel and shoot the snow then.
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Please respond. I am very interested in what everyone else is thinking.

I agree with you that this is a mistake. The Remember the Dream parade is not that fantastic or magical to outdo Christmas. It is just a stupid executive decision to try to support DCA. It is a crying shame.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

I don't think they're making any alterations I don't see how a special Christmas parade would look anyworse in DCA (though hopefully they'll amp up the Christmas decorations there) it'll be pretty much the exact same parade but with different viewing locations
    I disagree that the setting does not make a difference. I think that fantasy land and Main Street are perfect Christmas settings. The frame to the picture does make a difference! DCA lacks an inherant charm. Some how suffboards do not say Christmas to me. I think that the Christmas parade will look strange in that setting.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

You mean I can spend a day in Disneyland at Christmastime and NOT have to hear that parade song over, and over, and over, and over and ... Well, you get the idea.

I don't think it's such a bad idea, but maybe they should make it a "Block Party Christmas" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith96
    I remember the days when 4 parades were the norm during the busy summers. There would be 2 performances of the Lion King Celebration at 2 & 4:30 pm, then 2 performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade at 9 & 10:30 pm. Even if they can't afford to run that many anymore, they can run one of each. One during the day and the other in the evening. At least we will get to see both. Normally, during the Holiday season, only the Christmas Parade runs, but I agree, with the 50th Anniversary they need to run Parade of Dreams all season as well. I know I am rambling, but they really need to think about running both at Disneyland and not move the Christmas Parade to DCA.
    I don't agree with the scentiment that they cannot afford to run both parades 2 times each. Disneyland is tracking such a huge overrun on the projected attendance figures that I think they can run the parade that many times. But, they can run 3 parades. . . 2 of Dreams & 1 of Holiday. Fireworks, snow. Good Night!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    They never said the snow was moving, just the parade....

But thanks for the compliments on the idea. The snow would totally fit in with the new holiday finale with tink waving her wand, at nd it starts snowing. Making it seem more magical. She could even where a santa hat

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

anywho I think some of you hardcore fans are just a bit too um hardcore?
    Um Yes, But that is why we are here.

they'll have a mini Christmas parade type deal for Disneyland and they'll move the parade over to DCA so that they can refurb the Electrical Parade (and hopefully add some new things to it)
    This could be a totally different thread. I am also passionate that the Electrical Parade belongs at Disneyland, but I have let that one die already.

You have (and many others here) have alot of valid points that, yes it would probably be okay for one season, but the problem is they tend to not do something for one season and if you don't speak up about it, then it changes forever. Myself and many people here feel very passionately about this and they are entitled to their opinion, as you are. I personally feel that the Christmas Parade should go nowhere.

It is nice to see so many sides on this issue and am glad to see the "debate" (even though we all know they at DCA are not going to listen to us anyways).

• Just this guy......

I know people who come to Disneyland each December because of all the traditional decorations and entertainment that the park offers.

I think to move the parade would be a public relations disaster for the park and I hope that the management between internet feedback and talking to the general public will see this and change their minds.

I would also like to see the DCA expand and beef up their own holiday celebration! The park has so much to offer they can create their own unique holiday extravaganza.

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Actually, not an AP holder, but a cast member. But the whole arguement here is that Disney is doing this not only as a way to keep going with the POD, but they are also doing it as a quick fix to increase the numbers of DCA. It just seems like they are cheating the people who will come during the Holidays for the first time or maybe only time in their lives out of a truly magical experience. Why would these people who are coming from other parts of the world want to have a Disney Xmas experience at the secondary park. No one, NO ONE goes to the Disneyland resort for DCA, they go there for Disneyland experience. And there isn't a more "magical" time to go to the holidays and the parade and the snow just adds to that at Disney and on the same hand DL just enhances those qualities. I just don't see DCA having the same effect, or people really wanting to go to DCA, Because it's not DISNEYLAND.

So basically my arguement here has to with the fact that DisneyLand is a magical place while DCA is just another theme park. And adding the Xmas parade and snow won't change that, people still won't go. And if they do, they won't have the same experience they would have if all that stuff was at Disney.
    I am an annual passholder and NO I don't complain all of the time. In fact, I rarely complain because for the most part I think I am getting one heck of a deal with my pass and for the most part don't feel that things need to change. I am also an ex castmember and so I have seen both sides of the fence.

Anyways, I think The Bob has hit the nail right on the head with regards to this issue and has said exactly what I have been trying to say all along.

Thank you Bob!

• Hooterville, USA

Just another feeble attempt to "force" people to DCA. It attracted more people when it was a parking lot. Bah humbug!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• insufferable know-it-all

The Christmas Parade needed some updating, but I'm definitely against it leaving altogether. Guests expect the parade in DL. Parades in DCA just aren't magical, they don't have that hometown feel, CAN'T have it...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Defeats the Huns

The Christmas Parade HAS had some updating. It's a 10 year old parade, but there have been numerous float changes, additions, replacements, and new costumes. The Snow People are newer, the Reindeer don't have weird eyes and tongues hanging down from them anymore, the Caroler's Unit was taken out... lots of things. I think that Christmas Fantasy is definitely great as is.

I think Block Party has been a PERFECT fit for DCA. It's not a traditional parade and it's a more upbeat, FUN show -- just something DIFFERENT.. which is what DCA is.. it's definitely no Disneyland.. it's something DIFFERENT. They shouldn't stick something that has been in Disneyland into DCA, EVER.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast