Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Moving The Christmas Parade to DCA & Snow

Am I the only one that is upset by this news as reported by Al this week? In my opinion, this parade does not belong at DCA. It is a tradition at Disneyland and always has been. If they want to do something for DCA, then do an entirely different parade.
    Also, I have an idea or two on doing the snow at Christmastime. I think that as the last float for the Christmas Parade goes by, then you can add the song that was at the end of the Christmas fireworks show for the last couple of years and have the snow come on as the parade leaves that show stop. Or, you could redo the exit song from the current fireworks show to something with more of a Christmas feel and shoot the snow then.
    Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Please respond. I am very interested in what everyone else is thinking.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Sounds like a brilliant business strategy. Take one of the most popular attractions from the "good" park, and put it in the "bad" park. At the very least if attendance doesn't go up, maybe they'll realize quick fixes aren't going to help DCA

• -Going Retro-

I'm fine with the idea. Acutally, I'm thinking it may give me a better chance to see the parade then at Disneyland. We always had crappy viewing areas maybe at DCA we can finally see it with out being on our tippy toes

• Minion

I don't think anyone will like it. Big mistake, Main Street should have the snow and x-mas parade, not DCA. Can't anyone think of something new for DCA or does everything have to come from Disneyland? Give DCA there own x-mas parade, something that will fit the land.

• Who's your DaddyB?

oh God, please no! DO NOT give DCA their own Christmas parade! Have you seen that lame Santa Clause or Beach/goofy/Santa in previous years??!! TDA can't seem to get themselves away from the bad picture postcard version of winter in California for DCA, and we do NOT need a whole parade of that!

<shudders>

Bringing over the Christmas Parade from Disneyland is a very bad idea, and if they follow through with it, they'll see just how much people choose to avoid DCA.

The new 50th parade is good, but not that good. Incorporate the Christmas parade with the 50th and be done with it. Most people I've talked to think that there should be more floats in the 50th parade anyway (and less performance stops) so this would be the opportune time to incorporate that.

Now, snow at DCA would be pretty cool, but I just find the stuff inherantly dangerous (slippery) on any kind of smooth surface. Disneyland really doesn't have that much smooth pavement, while DCA is crammed full of it (accept where it's all cracked from settling because they did such a poor job of building the place!)
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

I definitely am not for this idea - after all, thousands fewer guests will see the parade than in year's past - but as long as Holiday Believe...stays at DL, I'll live.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    I definitely am not for this idea - after all, thousands fewer guests will see the parade than in year's past - but as long as Holiday Believe...stays at DL, I'll live.
    As much as I LOVED Believe why would you want that old fireworks show instead of the new one? I'll take the new one 365 days a year thank you very much

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I think it's a stupid idea, but there are 5 good months to change it. I can't imagine why, with the 50th Anniversary, they wouldn't do a special Christmas parade to go along with the 18mo celebration. Also, how about a holiday parade in DCA that fits the theme of DCA, as well as a Traditional Disneyland X-mas parade? WDW has separate parades for their theme parks.

You know what I'd like to see come back? The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins units in the D*land X-mas parade. Timeless, classic, crowd-pleasing stuff!

• Minion

Why not just add an extra Christmas "unit" to Disneyland's Parade of Dreams for the Holidays?

The Princesses can take over the whole castle unit.

Then follow it with the iconic Toyland soldiers, Silly reindeer, gingerbread men and Santa Claus on his sleigh with Mickey and Minnie. Easy add-on - - then it can snow too if they want after Santa goes by. That's enough Christmas in the Parade for anybody.

DCA can do whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by tigger001
    Also, I have an idea or two on doing the snow at Christmastime. I think that as the last float for the Christmas Parade goes by, then you can add the song that was at the end of the Christmas fireworks show for the last couple of years and have the snow come on as the parade leaves that show stop.
    christmas parade doesn't do show stops.

i'm hoping this will be the year the beach blast overlay at DCA goes away and they can just have a traditional christmas overlay. after all, it DOES snow in quite a lot of california for christmas if they're that concerned about themeing. otherwise ACF will feel awkward and out of place, especially in Sun Plaza. christmas banners on the light stanchions, wreaths and lights are all things disney decorating does well- and it could celebrate the decades of christmases at disneyland that have come and gone.

and even though the new fireworks are amazing, it's not christmas at disneyland without holiday believe. that's the magic of the season- adding a holiday tag to remember wouldn't have the same effect, it'd just be a cheap cop-out to incorporate the snow effect.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I say, for remember dreams come true, for christmas take out the wishes finale and beggining, and put in a christmas style beggining and finale, with Julie Andrews voice... Tink could still come out, and during the amazing finale with the new christmas music, tink waves her wand and it snows! Still keeping with the 50th theme, by keeping the e-ticket in the sky.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I say, for remember dreams come true, for christmas take out the wishes finale and beggining, and put in a christmas style beggining and finale, with Julie Andrews voice... Tink could still come out, and during the amazing finale with the new christmas music, tink waves her wand and it snows! Still keeping with the 50th theme, by keeping the e-ticket in the sky.
    I love this idea! That would be really cool!

NO! NO! NO!!!! I cannot believe more people are not upset by this!!! I agree with Tigger001 that the Christmas Parade belongs at Disneyland. There are people who plan their Holiday Season for this. Disneyland would not be the same during that time without it. I don't care if it would make for easier viewing! The parade does not fit in to DCA and would not look right. I understand that they want to run Parade of Dreams all year as they should, but there is no reason why they cannot do both. They could run a day performance of Parade of Dreams and run an evening performance of the Christmas Parade or vice versa. I also agree with doing the snow at the end of the Christmas Parade as they need to run the new fireworks all year as well. Come on people!!! Speak up for tradition and what is right!!!

• Banned User

Isn't that Christmas Fantasy Parade kind of crappy anyways?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I do not think the Christmas Parade is crappy. Granted, there have been better incarnations of it, but this is not the point. There has always been a Christmas Parade at Disneyland as long as I can remember. Regardless of what version it is, it has been a time honored tradition. The issue at hand, is not having a Christmas Parade at Disneyland at all. With Disneyland all decked out with decorations, it makes no sense to have the one thing that completely fits with that theme over at a park that would not do it justice. Look how many people come every Holiday Season & line the parade route to watch it. It makes no sense to move it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast