Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Response Letter From Disneyland About My Letters

Hello everybody,

Today after I got home from work I was going through my mail and noticed that I got a response letter from Disney about my letters I had sent off a couple weeks ago...including the letter about my feelings about the Rockin' promotion.

The letter is as follows:

There ya guys go! Enjoy!

...Joe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Response Letter From Disneyland About My Letters

Wow, an actual response!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I don't know what their hold-up is about releasing the Parade of Dreams and Block Party Bash soundtracks. It might no longer be a possibility, considering how long the shows have been running now already.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Minion

Ya. I sent in a letter about a CM flipping me the bird, and a very positive comment about PUSH, and I also got a letter back. Said the CM was "taken care of" and that the positive response to PUSH was forwarded to the entertainment management. Well we still have PUSH around the park

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    Ya. I sent in a letter about a CM flipping me the bird, and a very positive comment about PUSH, and I also got a letter back. Said the CM was "taken care of"
    Hahahaha, oh boy. If this is a response to all CM complaints, there will be alot of dissappointed people out there.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I was expecting some between the lines more akin to:

"Dear Mr. Nielsen,

You're a pain in the butt. Please stop writing."

That almost sounded like a personal letter, as opposed to the standard form letters I've seen posted in the past. Perhaps we should start adding "PS, I'm a member of the Micechat cabal" to the end of our letters.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

It's nice knowing they really do respond personally to each (I'm assuming) letter sent to them. Classy, if you ask me.

And I'm digging the Guest Communications person's name. That deserves a commendation on its own!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post

And I'm digging the Guest Communications person's name. That deserves a commendation on its own!
    It's all Greek to me...

But I, too, am impressed...and indeed somewhat surprised, by the nice response.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

"Demosthenes"--wasn't that the Greek God of form letters?
    In all seriousness, I thought it was a relatively well-composed response, with actual seemingly unique characteristics. A form letter, yes, but with some personal elements.
    Good Job, Demosthenes!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by mrtommorrow View Post
    I don't know what their hold-up is about releasing the Parade of Dreams and Block Party Bash soundtracks. It might no longer be a possibility, considering how long the shows have been running now already.
    Maybe its because the music especially for POD is horrible...

• It's all nonsense

That's quite the name on the bottem there.

• Hiding in the shadows

It seems they have a nice form letter program used to crank out responses. That was quite personal considering.

In relation to the name...Demosthenes, seems a bit fabricated to me...or its nice to see he is still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demosthenes

Demosthenes (384322 BC, Greek: Δημοσθένης, Dēmosthénēs) was a prominent Greek statesman and orator of ancient Athens. His orations constitute a significant expression of ancient Athenian intellectual prowess and provide a thorough insight into the politics and culture of ancient Greece during the 4th century BC. Demosthenes learned rhetoric by studying the speeches of previous great orators. He delivered his first judicial speeches at the age of twenty, in which he argued effectively to gain from his guardians what was left of his inheritance. For a time, Demosthenes made his living as a professional speech-writer (logographer) and a lawyer, writing speeches for use in private legal suits.
    Demosthenes grew interested in politics during his time as a logographer, and in 354 BC he gave his first public political speeches. He went on to devote his most productive years to opposing Macedon's expansion. He idealized his city and strove throughout his life to restore Athens' supremacy and motivate his compatriots against Philip II of Macedon. He sought to preserve his city's freedom and to establish an alliance against Macedon, in an unsuccessful attempt to impede Philip's plans to expand his influence southwards by conquering all the Greek states. After Philip's death, Demosthenes played a leading part in his city's uprising against the new King of Macedon, Alexander the Great. However, his efforts failed and the revolt was met with a harsh Macedonian reaction. To prevent a similar revolt against his own rule, Alexander's successor, Antipater, sent his men to track Demosthenes down. Demosthenes took his own life, in order to avoid being arrested by Archias, Antipater's confidant.
    The Alexandrian Canon compiled by Aristophanes of Byzantium and Aristarchus of Samothrace recognized Demosthenes as one of the 10 greatest Attic orators and logographers. According to Longinus, Demosthenes "perfected to the utmost the tone of lofty speech, living passions, copiousness, readiness, speed".[1] Cicero acclaimed him as "the perfect orator" who lacked nothing, and Quintilian extolled him as "lex orandi" ("the standard of oratory") and that "inter omnes unus excellat" ("he stands alone among all the orators").[2][3]

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    It seems they have a nice form letter program used to crank out responses. That was quite personal considering.

In relation to the name...Demosthenes, seems a bit fabricated to me...or its nice to see he is still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demosthenes
    Thanks to Molly-pedia we now all know why it seemed such a well-crafted bit-o-business!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Thanks to Molly-pedia we now all know why it seemed such a well-crafted bit-o-business!
    Hey, I figured out where you got your sn from! I was riding POTC the other day, when I heard the auctioneer mention it. And to think I have been riding this ride for my entire 38 year life! Don't know what it means, but I heard him yell it out!

• n/a

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Hello everybody,

Today after I got home from work I was going through my mail and noticed that I got a response letter from Disney about my letters I had sent off a couple weeks ago...including the letter about my feelings about the Rockin' promotion.

The letter is as follows:

There ya guys go! Enjoy!

...Joe...
    WOW! Signed by THE Demosthenes Spiropoulos!!!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast