• Main Street Master

Westfest. Anybody here going?

I was just curious if there was anyone here going to Westfest next month at Disneyland.
    .....Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!.....

.....Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade!

• Helmsdad

Re: Westfest. Anybody here going?

What is Westfest?

Did I just say that?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    What is Westfest?
    It will be kind of like Mousefest in WDW. The Disney Podcast Network is putting it on.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What is Mousefest?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What is Mousefest?
    Sorry I should have explained. Mousefest is an annual gathering in WDW of the Disney online communities (Fansites, forums, podcasts, NFFC, etc) They have various meets that include trivia, speeches, merch sales, etc.

Westfest will be in a similar vein, only on a smaller scale.

I'm planning on attending at least a portion.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

I am all over Westfest like Patrick is all over MSEP! (I hope someone gets that) I am looking forward to it.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Main Street Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    I am all over Westfest like Patrick is all over MSEP! (I hope someone gets that) I am looking forward to it.

J
    Cool beans! I kinda sorta got that..... errr..... umm..... well, maybe not. lol! I should have really got that one since I'm the MSEP fanatic here. Perhaps if I knew who Patrick was I would get it.
    .....Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!.....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleScienceGuy View Post
    Cool beans! I kinda sorta got that..... errr..... umm..... well, maybe not. lol! I should have really got that one since I'm the MSEP fanatic here. Perhaps if I knew who Patrick was I would get it.
    You should go and listen to Window to the Magic podcast. Patrick does a show once a month and has a TON of MSEP bits over the past few months.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Neep meep beep

I listen to that podcast from time to time, and didn't know about Westfest. In my sole opinion, I really feel that the "inside the magic" podcast is so much more professionally done - too bad it's so Florida heavy, with very little on California's parks!

• Main Street Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    You should go and listen to Window to the Magic podcast. Patrick does a show once a month and has a TON of MSEP bits over the past few months.

J
    I see. Would you recommend an episode? I think I saw Patrick over at the DPN Westfest thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I listen to that podcast from time to time, and didn't know about Westfest. In my sole opinion, I really feel that the "inside the magic" podcast is so much more professionally done - too bad it's so Florida heavy, with very little on California's parks!
    My favorite DPN podcast is Micecast. Two former DL CMs get together for a no-holds discussion about the Resort. These guys tell it like it is; they don't sugarcoat anything. I don't always agree with them, but the discussion is stimulating. Also, the language is not exactly family-friendly, so don't play it for the kids.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Yeah Ricky does a great job with his show and his is one of the oldest. He does his much more like a tv show with topics and segments....and lots of commercials (for his Amazon store or his DVD) but it is still a great show. Paul's show is more of a here is a highlight of a trip to the parks. Ricky is also in Orlando while Paul is up north.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleScienceGuy View Post
    I see. Would you recommend an episode? I think I saw Patrick over at the DPN Westfest thread.
    Eps. 31 was his first show about MSEP. It is a great show, but has been added to over and over again when people find new clips or find something new about the parade.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*