Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 3/18: Pirates turns 40, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, +MORE

Sorry for getting this up so late - I'm moving this weekend, so I was packing all day... I'm exhausted! Anyway, here you go...

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!

PIRATES TURNS 40!
    Pirates got banners to celebrate its 40th.

The Disney Gallery had a merch event... here's a look at some of the merch offered... Too see all of the merch, Circarama has posted a thread featuring images and information.

This sweater has the same image as the t-shirt in the image above, but on the back:

Stickers were being passed out at merch locations that were selling 40th Anniversary-related merch, and at the attraction:

TOM SAWYER ISLAND WORK PROGRESSES

A new wall of cinderblocks has been constructed over in the barrel and suspension bridge area:

RE-BUILDING THE FRONTIER
    The old Mine Train tunnel is out from scaffolding. The camouflage netting is still there, but only just on the ground in front of the tunnel. And there is still some stuff on top of the tunnel, and a ladder hidden in the bushes off to the side...

Further down the path, the cabin that was to the left of the petting zoo entrance is still being re-built. I don't know what the purpose of this re-building is.. its interesting.

FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE

Sea shells and barnacles have been added to the waters and walls...

The bubbles were on where the crabs are. Don't let the picture fool you - these crabs are BIG!

An overview of the lagoon... I adjusted the color levels on this photo - the original was appeared a little washed out, as the camera picked up too much of the sun reflecting off the water...

The construction area next to Tomorrowlanding seems to be wrapping up whatever it was doing:

The door was open...

DreamCastle
    The back of the Castle has gotten new banners - and I actually like them quite a bit. They're very, very nice.

The DreamSwans in the Castle moat, however, are still here, but are getting uglier.
    Mildew, mold, whatever it is, is forming on the bottom of the Swans. It's gross, and if it gets worse, these things are gonna have to go. Right now its not too terribly noticeable, but it probably will start getting more noticeable as time goes on...

Dreamy:

The Princess shoppe in Fantasyland is out from under tarps though... and it looks good.

Nice detailing

THIS & THAT
    You know it's expected to be busy when the Plaza Pavillion is open for Annual Passport processing:

The Falconaires, from the US Airforce Academy were playing in front of the train station in the afternoon...

...The ticket books that were on display at the Opera House are all gone now... I wonder if they're coming back?

And the exit lobby at the Opera House got it's wall mural of recent and upcoming attractions re-done to match the Year of a Million Dreams theme.

The Rockin' Both Parks logo on the wall is a sticker that will simply be peeled off once the promotion is over. The little blurb about the two attractions (Screamin' and Space) mentions NOTHING about Rockin'.

...And that's all for this time. Hope you enjoyed the update...

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/18: Pirates turns 40, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, +MORE

Anyone else notice they have taken off a bit of the temporary plywood on the sub dock? Another thing I noticed was the awesome black designs they are placing on the subs themselves. As for the shells I still wish they would add more of that stuff, it is so easy to install and adds so much. The staircase they have installed I think is permanent because they will be doing dual station loading.

• Original Mice-Chatter

squeeeee!!!!

I am SO bringing the family as soon as I can for the subs!!

Thanks for the pics!

Blog Entries

If this were in Florida I think it would follow with:
    "So we've decided to kill it."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Terrific pics as always!

Makes my morning so enjoyable!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post

Anyone else notice they have taken off a bit of the temporary plywood on the sub dock? Another thing I noticed was the awesome black designs they are placing on the subs themselves. As for the shells I still wish they would add more of that stuff, it is so easy to install and adds so much. The staircase they have installed I think is permanent because they will be doing dual station loading.
    the stair are for the Castmember or captain of the Sub, So the captain can get in the sub and take it out. One set stair that disneyland need this time is the one cross to the load area. Now they have the tunnel to go back stage.

I thing that disneyland guest will not be on that docks.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

Thanks for posting all of the merchandise of the pirates event. I would love to get a hold of one of those posters or the T-shirt.

I've seen those crabs on trip reports multiple times, but I still don't know where they are.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

• Popular Princess

awsome pics as always! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

wow - those are awesome pictures. I really like the Sub pics.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PirateSkellington View Post
    I've seen those crabs on trip reports multiple times, but I still don't know where they are.
    The ramp leading the the Monorail platform has a brief area where there are no walls or blue mesh. It's down by your feet on the exiting side of the ramp, the crabs are in the water there along with all the new shells and whatnot.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The ramp leading the the Monorail platform has a brief area where there are no walls or blue mesh. It's down by your feet on the exiting side of the ramp, the crabs are in the water there along with all the new shells and whatnot.
    If you look real hard, you just might find your crabby place!

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/18: Pirates turns 40, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, +MORE

Nice job - thanks for sharing!
    M A S E C A !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast