View Poll Results: Between the PeopleMover and Rocket Rods which one do you like more?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • PeopleMover

88 81.48%
  • Rocket Rods

16 14.81%
  • Neither - I didn't like those attractions.

3 2.78%
  • No opinion.

1 0.93%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question PeopleMover Vs. Rocket Rods

Okay, I've seen people mention how they love the PeopleMover. Then there are those of you out there that have said you liked Rocket Rods better than PeopleMover. So, here's a poll to see who likes what!

For me it's PeopleMover. I always loved the Tron section and the leisurely stroll through Tomorrowland.

What about you guys? Which of the two did you prefer?

...Joe...

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: PeopleMover Vs. Rocket Rods

PM vs. RR? Thats a no brainer. PM allowed everyone to enjoy a trip around Tomorrowland, while RR was just a cheap thrill ride for teenagers.

PM has my vote.

now everyone chant with me..... BRING BACK PEOPLE MOVER! BRING BACK PEOPLE MOVER! BRING BACK PEOPLEMOVER! (Sorry for yelling in your ear.)

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Peoplemover was a classic! I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's an arial tour of Tomorrowland. A nice 15 min rest from the hustle and bustle of a busy summer day. A chance to preview attractions in and around Tomorrowland. A peek at Space Mountain! A chance to race in the Speed Tunnel! A trip through a video game.

Rocket Rods? Meh.

• Minion

Peoplemover!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Rocket Rods!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• U. B. Bold

Are these our only choices? I vote for something new, brilliant, inspiring, cutting edge and fun for the whole family. Is that too much to ask?
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Well, the question is: "Between the PeopleMover and Rocket Rods, which one do you like more?"

Aside from all of the problems Rocket Rods suffered, long line, etc., I liked the ride itself a lot more than that boring PeopleMover...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• The one, the only...

Rocket Rods could have been a great ride if the track was rebuilt for banking. I similar ride that used the whole size of, let's say, California Adventure, would be great. Even putting in some hills and valleys could be great too. But it would have to be built from the ground up. The People mover track was designed for a scenic tour of Tomorrowland, and that it does very well.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• n/a

Rocket Rods was one of the best times I ever had on a ride.

However, I say they move Autopia up to the tracks
    Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~ Mel Brooks

Did anyone actually ride Rocket Rods without it breaking down at some point during your wait or your ride?

Quote Originally Posted by PSP View Post
    Did anyone actually ride Rocket Rods without it breaking down at some point during your wait or your ride?
    Yup, I was lucky!

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by PSP View Post
    I did ONCE. We stood in line for 3 hours, got stuck in the basement part of the queue, and finally got to ride it after all that. It was extremely disappointing, as it would speed up on the straight stretches of track, and then of course, slow down on the turns. That was so frustrating!

It did have some pretty cool sound effects, though.

I say bring back the Peoplemover!!

• Cretan

The PeopleMover sh..s all over the Rocket Rod festival of turds attraction. You could ride through and get glimpses of rides that had 2 hour lines like SM and feel like you got a little bit of the experiance without the painful wait. You could rest and enjoy the So. Cal weather all while discusiing the plan of action. What ride to go on next, when to see a show, when to eat. Oh, and at night it was pure magic. The PeopleMover was great and Disney knows it. It's hard to admit that mistakes were made, but they know it.
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

I must have lucked out with Rocket Rods, we did not have huge lines (20-30 minutes) and rode it a few times on our trip with no breakdowns.

Skawt

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

No brainer.

PEOPLE MOVER or WEDWAY or whatever variation of the ride. They were ALL good.

A ride in Tomorrowland that EVERYONE can enjoy. From the babies to the eldest. It's not about trying to follow a story or a character. It's about just enjoying your time with the people you're with. And that's what Disneyland is really about.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast