Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Is it too early to promote the Subs coming back?

I am excited that the Subs are coming back! I don't believe that it is too early to see Disneyland commercials on this! If you are going to attract out of town visitors, they usually need to book their vacations NOW!

It is the end of March, and if the attraction opens in the middle of June, then now is the time to get the publicity going!

What do you think?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Shubisha

Re: Is it too early to promote the Subs coming back?

Yes. They want people to plan a summer vacation to the resort.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I agree, but I think Disney is potentially trying to slow down or minimize the overflow of park guests for the attraction this summer. They know it's going to be bad, and certainly it will be impossible for everyone that enters the park to get a ride on it that day, just numerically/statistically speaking. They're already freaking out about how to deal with previews to help the situation...

• Comin' at ya!

I think now is a pretty good time. However, I've heard they are still contemplating whether it will be finished on time. Wouldn't it be horrible if they advertised it opening on a day and it didn't!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I hope they advertise it during Angels games, just like they advertised Space Mountain after its 2 year rehab.

That could work nicely.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I agree with pineapplewhipaddict. They don't need to advertise until after crunch time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

They definitely won't need to advertise the attraction to make sure people go on it, it'll have extremely long lines for some time. Why spend the money advertising something that won't allow everyone to experience the attraction that wants to when it opens? I'm sure there will be advertisements closer to the time to lure in locals, but locals alone will keep the lines crowded along with non-locals that are coming anyways. Why not wait til the hype has worn off for the locals and then market the attraction to rebuild the hype? I also believe that the actual date for opening isn't set in stone yet, so why make people upset that it's not open yet if you don't have to?

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Does Disneyland even need to advertise? I mean people are going to come regardless because...well it's Disneyland!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Does Disneyland even need to advertise? I mean people are going to come regardless because...well it's Disneyland!
    It's not about people knowing about DL, at least in the local market. It's about choice. Locals can go to DL, Universal, Knott's, or Magic Mountain. By screaming out their name all the time, DL has the advantage to being first in people's minds when they think about going to a theme park.

They already have a comercial in the Can. Saw it last week its really cute probally be running sometime soon.

• The one, the only...

I know that it has been discussed on this board that there is a potential problem with capacity for the ride. Many might not be able to ride.

I guess I am old school. What attracts me to Disneyland is new rides and attractions. I kinda feel that other people think the same way. Why spend all that money building the ride if you don't feel that it will attract more people to the park?

As to the date of opening, all Disney as to do is tag its commercials "Coming Summer 2007." They don't have to name a date. Getting people pumped for the new ride now will mean more bookings for summer hotels earlier. Isn't that a good thing?

People traveling from out of town will probably have several days to ride the subs. Even if there are long lines, I know that people will do it, despite the lines. Just as people rode Indiana Jones despite its extremely long lines when it opened.

I go back a ways, but Disney promoted the ride Space Mountain years before it ever began to be built. When it opened there was an extreme pent up demand. That is a good thing!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I think now is a pretty good time. However, I've heard they are still contemplating whether it will be finished on time. Wouldn't it be horrible if they advertised it opening on a day and it didn't!
    Yeah...like Test Track. My family planned a Disney World vacation after seeing the Disney channel and Disney Magazine showing Test Track. We got there and....closed. A few years later it would open. On a positive note, we did get to see Alien Encounter before it dissapeared.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    They definitely won't need to advertise the attraction to make sure people go on it, it'll have extremely long lines for some time. Why spend the money advertising something that won't allow everyone to experience the attraction that wants to when it opens?
    because people don't pay to get on the ride.. they pay to enter the park. The point of the attraction is to draw people INTO the park.. not to have them necessarily ride the attraction. That's just something you usually have to give back to actually lure them in

They'll use the ride as a draw to bring people to the park.. that's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    because people don't pay to get on the ride.. they pay to enter the park. The point of the attraction is to draw people INTO the park.. not to have them necessarily ride the attraction. That's just something you usually have to give back to actually lure them in

They'll use the ride as a draw to bring people to the park.. that's the whole point.
    I like the way you think! Disneyland is a business-- remember that!
    "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast