Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Animator in Training!

Ever broken down a ride before??

So have any of you done something in which you though you broke the ride down while you were waiting in line for it?

Once me and my dad were in line for Indy an this was when the line we through out the temple and the didn't just stop at the entrance only to walk to through to whole thing and not get a chance to gaze in amazement at the detail. So any way we were just about after the entrance to the temple about 10 feet after the picture to the entrance. Well the lights above us were flickering like they always do but the one above my head wasn't working at all, so my dad then screwed in the light bulb and low and behold it started to work !! About 20 seconds after that all the light came on and stopped flickering and then a person came on the intercom and said the ride was momentarily down. We both look at each other and wondered if the light bulb was what did it . The ride was also down for the next 4 hours ( we didn't wait for it lol). We prob didn't do it but hey ya never know. I just thought that was a funny story any one else got something to share??
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

• Done waiting!!

Re: Ever broken down a ride before??

That's a great story. I've never done anything intentionally to shut a ride down although one day it seemed like we were the Kiss of Death. Whenever we got in line for a ride it broke down. Happened to IASW, Indy, Matterhorn, SM, PoC, Big Thunder, and Roger Rabbit all in one day.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

January 1986:
    My friend Becky and I were on Haunted Mansion this one rainy Friday Morning (school was out due to end of semester teacher in service day). Anyway, she and I had collected ice cubes from some Mint Juleps we'd had, and decided it would be funny to throw cubes at things in the HM. Hindsight, this is EXTREMELY stupid, ridiculous, childish, etc.

Anyway, we threw ice and one hit this man in armor - which was thought was just a statue. And he walked away........they stopped the ride and searched the Doom Buggy ahead of us, ours, and the one after ours........found nothing, and then the ride resumed.

Whew! Like many teenagers, I was a punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Back about 1980, some of my punk high school friends - big strong High School seniors - earned a brief visit to Mickey Jail during Grad Night by hopping out of the Peter Pan ride and lifting it off the wire, then sitting in it singing the Yo Ho, Pirate's Life for Me song. Their pictures were taken and they were told that they were permanently banned from Disneyland.

Katprint

Edited to add: This happened while I was waiting in line with the rest of our group. I did not help them break the ride.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I did break a ride down before

I was on BTTF at USH, i was on the side and stuck my hand over to the outside part when I dropped my stuffed dog... (I was like 4) and it fell down under the where the car usually goes back down too and they had to stop the ride right toward the end.... I dont remeber it but my mom always says that to me when we get on that ride... asking me if I plan on murdering any more animals on that ride.

I've never been the cause, but I have seen the people responsible for such breakdowns. A few months ago, we were in line for Space Mountain and we had just gotten up to the loading platform, got assigned out rows, were standing with one party in front of us. The train approaches, gates open and the people get in. Gates open, but the Cast Members notice a party in the second row trying to sit three people in. Cast Members try to tell one of them to get out and sit in another row. There was one row in the back that had an empty seat, but as fate would have it, this particular group did not speak English, so they were clueless as to what the Cast Members were saying. It got to the point where the Cast Members had to yell at this person, "Sit down!", the Cast Member at the rear of the train was pointing to the open seat as he yelled. Now, I know how much MiceChat is againt Cast Members yelling at guests, epecially when they do it to you, but you can understand why they were yelling. Heck I wanted to yell at the guy to sit down. Finally, when this guy sat down, it was already to late. The lights come on, and the announcement, "Attention, you are in a holding pattern, please remain seated and a Cast Member will be with you momentarily." Everyone in the Space Port gave out a "AWWWW!" Everyone standing at the gates knew whose fault it was. I mean, come on, even if you dont' speak English, it should be common sense that only two people fit in one row. So, we had to wait a good ten to fifteen minutes for them to reset the attraction. The only thing I was pissed at is that I wasn't on the ride when it broke down so we didn't get to see the ride with the lights on.

But thanks to Rockin' Space Mountain (you know, the attraction that everyone on here makes a big deal about and overreacts to), I get to ride Space Mountain with the lights on all the time, or at least until April. I hope they bring it back in some way.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Late 70s/early 80s it was possible to trip Matterhorn Bobsleds by throwing change at the proximity sensors near the station.

• Banned User

See that sweet, innocent little face in your avatar? Payback is just about 16 years away! hahaha!

Hilarious story!!!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Back about 1980, some of my punk high school friends - big strong High School seniors - earned a brief visit to Mickey Jail during Grad Night by hopping out of the Peter Pan ride and lifting it off the wire, then sitting in it singing the Yo Ho, Pirate's Life for Me song
    how did they do this
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Late 70s/early 80s it was possible to trip Matterhorn Bobsleds by throwing change at the proximity sensors near the station.
    Reminds me of a Simpson's episode where Bart places a penny on the tracks of a little kiddie train ride at the mall. That one penny causes the little kiddie mall train to derail.

• Ok time for cocoa

Last night while standing in the Peter Pan Line, the little boy in front of us stepped across the yellow line as the boats where in motion. This stopped the ride ( the boat moving up to the load position and the one that had left). After he moved back, the CM pushed a button and restarted it. Thought it interesting that there was a sensor at the gate opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

January 1986:
    My friend Becky and I were on Haunted Mansion this one rainy Friday Morning (school was out due to end of semester teacher in service day). Anyway, she and I had collected ice cubes from some Mint Juleps we'd had, and decided it would be funny to throw cubes at things in the HM. Hindsight, this is EXTREMELY stupid, ridiculous, childish, etc.

Anyway, we threw ice and one hit this man in armor - which was thought was just a statue. And he walked away........they stopped the ride and searched the Doom Buggy ahead of us, ours, and the one after ours........found nothing, and then the ride resumed.

Did you throw things at the ghosts in the ballroom?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

When I was a kid, I took a cup of water out of the sub lagoon, and they had to close the Matterhorn for two days

• a wind to shake the stars

I've never even been on a ride when it broke down. I really think I'm due for one because I've been to Disneyland probably 20 times and nothing has ever e-stopped while I was on it. Not once!

Some of these stories are completely inpossible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast