Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Done waiting!!

Post NEW L.A. Times article on DLR Expansion! (Merged)

I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Disney is vagues on Resort Plans - LA Times 03/22/2007

Disney is saying little about what they have in store for the Anaheim area.
    Jim Hill and Al Lutz quoted within.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

Your thoughts?
    EDIT: I know, I typo'd the thread title.
    Mod, please?
    Last edited by mrfantasmic; 03-21-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: doh! Can't change the title

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: NEW L.A. Times article on DLR Expansion!

Who's this AL LUTZ guy they quote at the end of the article? LOL.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Disney is vagues on Resort Plans - LA Times 03/22/2007

Duplicate thread, someone just posted this! Thanks, though.

Re: Disney is vagues on Resort Plans - LA Times 03/22/2007

Would ya look at that?
    Well anywho...
    As far as this "plan" goes, it's not really much we didn't already know. Though the TIMES did point out a connection between the housing debacle earlier this year and expansion plans.

• Do You know?

I hope that the city of Anaheim remembers how much income they used to receive before Disneyland came to there city. We have all probably all seen the footage of what the area used to look like. Hopefully everything will be worked out.

• Done waiting!!

The 2001 remake that created the DLR sooo ruined the surrounding area. It used to look so classy before all the hotels unified their signs and the streets and sidewalks were vastly improved. They sure ruined Angel Stadium when they owned that too. Sorry I couldn't think of a non-sarcastic way to express myself.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

Re: NEW L.A. Times article on DLR Expansion! (Merged)

I love articles where they give you soooo much information that your head almost explodes. Too bad this is not one of those articles

I just wrote the city a nice little letter to remind them of the only reason I visit the city of Anaheim

"We feel confident that there is still room to grow," Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said in a recent speech to investors. "The time-share industry is huge and expanding, and families will still look to Disney when they think of their vacations."

Did he just say "time-share?" Boy...I hope that's a mis-quote. Using that term can practically get you fired from Disney Vacation Club!

• Progressive Disneylander

If this wasn't Disneyland and was someone like Wal-Mart, I would be against them and their fight over this land. In my heart, the low income housing makes a lot of sense.

But since I really, really want to see Disney create a third park in Anaheim, I am rooting for Disney in this particular instance.

But as the councilman in the article says, how can they expect people to wait around for 25 years for something to maybe happen with this land when someone else is ready to do something now?

I do feel that it's time that Disney plops down some real expansion plans for these people -- for sake of this conflict and for the sake of our curiousity.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    The 2001 remake that created the DLR sooo ruined the surrounding area. It used to look so classy before all the hotels unified their signs and the streets and sidewalks were vastly improved. They sure ruined Angel Stadium when they owned that too. Sorry I couldn't think of a non-sarcastic way to express myself.
    Please explain to me how Disney "ruined" Angel Stadium.

The city made a deal with the Rams in 1979 when they promised not only stadium expansion, but an office complex in the Big A parking lot - something Gene Autry, may he rest in peace, successfully fought in court.

Madame Ram Georgia Frontiere successfully ran down that franchise like in the movie Major League, and then 15 years into a supposed 35-year lease they take a super sweetheart deal in St. Louis at their first chance.. The Angels were left with a stadium that was cavernous for baseball.

Disney made some big mistakes in the ownership of the Angels and Mighty Ducks, but the Anaheim Stadium/Edison International Field/Angel Stadium refurb was extremely well done IMHO.

And Disney has had the city of Anaheim in its hip pocket, for right or wrong, for most of its almost 52 years.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Done waiting!!

Disney did a GREAT job rejuvenating Angel Stadium Radiobarry. Note my sarcasm disclaimer at the end. My point is that without Disney, Anaheim is just Costa Mesa or Fullerton. Plus without Disney the Angels never show up there either.

• Sock Puppet

Let's hope the park isn't a niche park like the article says. Come on something affordable for everyone!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Let's hope the park isn't a niche park like the article says. Come on something affordable for everyone!
    I agree completely and for a couple of reasons.

First, because I want to enjoy it with my family and I am not going to be fighting the super wealthy for the 1000 daily slots to get into this "niche."

Secondly, how crappy would Disney look that they fought off and defeated a city proposal for some affordable housing (which is badly needed in Anaheim) so that they could build a high end resort hotel and a special park that caters to just those who can afford its high price and allow only 1000 guests a day in it? It works in Orlando because there is so much more there, and all on various ends of the economic spectrum. The Anaheim resort needs to grow quite a bit more before they should put in any kind special high cost niche park/resort in it.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast