Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I Love The Timon Lot!

Smile Are there fish in the Rivers of America?

Just was wondering if the Rivers of America could sustain live fish? especially with all the flamable stuff from Fantasmic. I know the water gets drained periodicly for maintainance. How about the Jungle Cruise waters, anyone see fish?

• California Golden Bear

Re: Are there fish in the Rivers of America?

Not anymore, but there used to be. Guests could fish off of TSI, but because most fish were left unclaimed in lockers at the end of the day fishing was soon discontinued. So to anwser your question, yes the RoA can sustain live fish, or at least you could. If you're looking for fish try Snow White's Grotto, FNSV or the Jungel Cruise. I've heard there's a great place to fish along there where the fish are always biting!
    I have also heard there are real fish in the old Motor Boat cruise area in FL.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Knight that says Nee!!

I could swear the last time I was on JC I saw some Parranha.

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    The first time I went on JC after they installed those they scared the crap outta my gf n I! For some reason we got soaked too. Great unpublicized addition.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Santa Barbara, CA

They used to have them in the Rivers of America, but when they began doing Fantasmic! they instantly died in a shock of sacharrin poisoning.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Infinitized!

I heard Canadian National got to run the Disneyland Railroad for a while and unfortunately CN derailed, causing a tanker car full of caustic soda to be spilt in the RoA which in turn killed the fish stocks...

...have to live in BC to know what I'm talking about.

• Helmsdad

I don't know about fish but I think my friend emptied the charred remains (ashes) of his dead grandmother in there. For what it's worth.

Did I just say that?

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

I'm sure the chances for any fish to survive would have been a lot better when Big Thunder Falls was still active to provide some aeration into the water. In any case the water near Big Thunder does has Fish and that's almost the same body of water.

• Lilo :D

The reason they stopped releasing live fish into the waters was because a long time ago, when people still fished at disneyland, dead fish would be found abandoned and rotting on the ground everywhere. At least that's the story i heard from my CM tour guide during Traditions a while ago.

No, there is no fish in the Rivers of America, there is no fish in the Jungle Cruise. The only places you can find live fish is in the little pool in front of the old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland tunnel and in the waters by the bridge into Frontierland.

Last time I was there, I did see fish near the Hungry Bear and off the bridge entering Frontierland. I would imagine that Disney would stock the River with Mosquito fish to keep the mosquito population down. Just speculation on my part.

• Minion

There are lots of hidden creatures in there. I know there were a lot of crawfish for some reason in the old Motorboat Cruise area that came out when construction started again on the subs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Yuk! Yuk!

You can catch rats. I saw one running around outside of JC. Shudder!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

you could really fish off ROA, were? what did the fishing rods look like?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Yep. There are still plenty of fish in the Rivers of America. I see them all the time when I'm sitting lower level Hungry Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    you could really fish off ROA, were? what did the fishing rods look like?
    There was a little pier where you fished from, and that's where you got your poles and worms. Your basic pole, line, and hook. And worm.

Disney decided to discontinue the fishing because Guest were either carrying around their catches, or dropping them in trash cans and things got pretty stinky.

I actually knew the woman at Disneyland who was the "Worm Buyer" for the Park (she of course handled many other categories, and not just worms)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast