Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Santa Barbara, CA

Warning..orville Critter Rant

The whole thing is a cyst on a scab on a sore and we're lamenting the puss.

Bear Country was the most uninspired land I have ever seen, next to Critter Country (why not Varmint Valley. or Rodent Ridge?). One Attraction and the rest, food and toilets. Oh, so i forgot the 5 game arcade! The Critter thing was just as ill conceived. The world's biggest AA ride based on an unreleasable racist film. Now that's synergy! Chainsaw sculptures made by Critters, what a land. Pooh made it worse (Plush Hollow?). A conceptual Chernobyl. I bet if animals could talk, they would equate "Critter" with the N word. But hey, I'm no squirrel.

In all fairness..The furthest table on the water of the Hungry Bear is really nice however.
    Last edited by Cousin Orville; 06-08-2005 at 09:44 PM.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

^Now that's Funny!
    Seriously, if they had done a half decent job with Pooh would anyone be complaining in the first place?? I THINK NOT!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Well even if Pooh was a good ride, I think it would still be out-of-theme for Critter Country, and we'd still miss the Bears. So we'd still complain, I think.

hehehe.. Complain?? NEVER!
    Well, Pooh is still a Critter (even though probably a better plush toy than theme for a ride!)

I guess on the + side, it's still a good addition for the very small. I am just sorry it wasn't done well enough to captivate the grown up audience. I mean, who is DL for anywho... ADULTS OF COURSE!!

• Disneyland Freak

Aww when I first saw the title of thread I thought it was going to be about ugly bears in Disneyland and the demise of all the hot ones.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

hot ones?? is there such a thing?? Lol personal choice I guess

The biggest problems in my mind are these:

1: There was NO reason to get rid of CBJ. The could have figured a way to fit the Pooh ride there, and kept at least one of the TWO CBJ theaters.

2: The land seems very small and cramped now.

3: They wasted an opportunity with the Pooh ride. The current Fantasyland rides are fine because they were built so long ago. But how could you meet the SAME or WORSE quality all these years later. Missed opportunity to make something special for one of the most beloved Disney characters...

4: No snoring bears! ;-)

agreed. Pooh could have been placed IN ADDITION to one of the CBJ theatres - that would have worked alot better

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

They had two show rooms, why couldnt they just keep one and build a replica of the Grizzly Hall from WDW and put it in the Big Thunder Ranch area. It fits very well in Frontierland.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Animatronic

When my mom saw the Hungry Bear being built, she thought for sure they were putting in a log ride. We got The Bear Country Jamboree, however, and it was a very nice show and worth the walk. Splash Mountain rounded out the land nicely, but I would have liked it to stay farther from the Haunted Mansion which feels crowded now. I love the Northern California feel to the land and I like walking under the rail road tracks to a special corner of the park.

Now to the present, I hate Pooh for all the reasons mentioned by others. He use to have a home in Fantasyland as the Fantasyland theater played his movie. Perhaps he should return there, but he would be laughed at for his ride is quite a bit worse than the 50 year old Peter Pan ride.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    It's kind of frustrating that more detail and care made it's way into the candy store at the exit of Pooh, than anywhere in the ride itself.

• Newbie.

Just be grateful Stitch hasn't set his sights on Critter Country.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

The Country Bear Jamboree rarely drew the kind of crowds it gets at Disney World. I thought the Christmas show was OK, but the original show was much better than Vacation Hoedown.

I'm not a big fan of Pooh, but personally I would rather have him replace the Country Bears than Mr. Toad like he did at Disney World. It's definitely no worse than replacing America Sings with offices, then Innoventions.

I miss playing Big Al Golf too, but I don't think the area is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    It's definitely no worse than replacing America Sings with offices, then Innoventions.
    WHAT! WHAT!

No... I guess you're right. Replacing the wonderfully original American Sings with Circuit City was fine. Maybe we can get them to add a Country Store themed Costco at the exit of Pooh.

(I loved America Sings if you can't tell)

They should have left the Indian village there, where the canoes made sense. It was all part of Frontierland. If they ripped it all out and reclaimed it for Frontierland I'd be perfectly happy.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast