Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Can't get enough Disney

Disneyland Hotel Questions?

What added Benefits are there of staying at the DLH? I hear something about Build-a-Bear, Any clue on that one? I know about the Early Entry everyday it is available. Are there any other things I should know of or any other added benefits to staying there. I can't wait.
    Finally Coming Back after 5 long years. Can't wait for Oct.

• Eeyore smiling

Re: Disneyland Hotel Questions?

Convenience.

Great pool for small children and great bar at the Lost Boys for parents.

Historically the original hotel.

Great Goofy's Kitchen for the children, you should make your reservations, which you can start doing 2 months in advance.

Were you going to do the Conceirge Level upgrade ($125 more a day)? If so you should watch the fireworks from up there one night and take FULL advantage of all their food and drinks, make sure you opent he refrig, it is full of milk, juice boxes, soft drinks and water, they do not care how many you take out.

In the Lobby there are always characters roaming about, so if someone has a few moments to kill take your kids there to wait for the missing adult, it is great fun.

Close location to the Monorail, which should still have the seperate entrance in the park where you show your white charge slip and they have you not wait in the normal line for return to your hotel.

The rooms are very cute with lots of subtle disney reminders. Make sure you look up at the Tinker Bell wall paper along the ceiling edge, when you first turn off your lights, it twikles at you for a few moments.

• Do You know?

My sister-in-law stays there every year to put on a convention at the Disneyland Hotel and I make sure I see her (mainly to see the room). She always stays in a room that over looks the pool (which is fantastic) and the armoire (where the t.v. is stored) has a map of Disneyland etched on it. The comforter has mickeys on it and the wallpaper has disney stuff on it also. You cannot forget your complimentary soap, lotion, mouthwash ( I did not like the taste), and soap all with mickey on it.
    The Build-A-Bear is in Downtown Disney which is only feet from the hotel.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Don't forget to ask for the autographed photo's of Mickey and Minnie upon check-in. Balloons too!

The kids will love them! (you too)

• old skooler

anything else
    duh!!!!!!!!

• Yeah...I'm cool

Bleeeech!!!!!!!

Overpriced.

• :)

Monorail doesn't have separate entrance for hotel guests anymore, we tried on our last visit. they told us they haven't had it for close to a year.

• i want some kisses!!!

its certianally pricey but i love it! we stay usually twice a year and it never seems long enough. there is a build a bear thing that i know i have the paper at home. never read it for myself. im not staying again till december but i cant wait!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    Were you going to do the Conceirge Level upgrade ($125 more a day)? If so you should watch the fireworks from up there one night and take FULL advantage of all their food and drinks, make sure you opent he refrig, it is full of milk, juice boxes, soft drinks and water, they do not care how many you take out.

With all due respect, do you know HOW much juice and cookies your kids would have to eat to make it worth $125, A DAY?

If you stay there for three days, that's $375. Can you imagine how much you could buy from Costco for even $50, and just bring in? Then you have an additional $325 that you saved by not wasting money for concierge.

Unless you guys are independently wealthy, I recommend a nice good neighbor hotel, with a fridge. You can spend the money you saved many different ways.

• Tourist

I wouldn't automatically disregard the concierge upgrade. It might be worth it, depending on the size of your group and the length of your stay.

The last two times we stayed at the DLH, we upgraded to concierge, and we thought it was worth it for our family of two adults and two teenagers. The $125 is per room, so it was about $31 per person.

The biggest advantage for us was the convenient breakfast. My son is a picky eater, but we all found plenty of things we liked for breakfast at the lounge. There was even time to eat before Early Entry. When we left for the park, my wife and I would each take a coffee to-go, and we would take two bottles of water per person.

The early afternoon fruit, cookies, and snacks at the lounge aren't a substitute for a real lunch, but it's a convenient way to grab a quick bite and some cold drinks.

The late afternoon food included various chips, dips, veggies, and one hot entree that changes daily. The drinks included beer and wine, which tastes pretty good after a hot day at DL. That usually filled us up, and if we ate again, we would split one meal between two of us at a place like the Plaza Inn.

We usually made five or six trips per day to the lounge, taking two bottled drinks per person with us when we went back to the room or to the park. Considering breakfast, fruit, snacks, evening food, sodas, bottled water, beer, wine, and convenience, we thought it was worth $31 per person.

Also, the grounds are beautiful! The views can be beautiful. (I'd rather pay for a view than concierge) And, best of all, you can spend your whole vacation without ever having to leave Disney! I just hate to leave my fantasy for the night and then return again. Stay at the DLH!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    With all due respect, do you know HOW much juice and cookies your kids would have to eat to make it worth $125, A DAY?

If you stay there for three days, that's $375. Can you imagine how much you could buy from Costco for even $50, and just bring in? Then you have an additional $325 that you saved by not wasting money for concierge.

Unless you guys are independently wealthy, I recommend a nice good neighbor hotel, with a fridge. You can spend the money you saved many different ways.
    If the conceirge upgrade fits into your budget it's a bit more than juice and cookies. We've really enjoyed stays with the conceirge upgrade, as poster 10-97 posted there's a lot more food than juice and cookies, watching the fireworks in lounge is wonderful. The conceirge staff we've encountered has always been extremely pleasant and helpful. They have a section in the lounge for kids, with coloring, cartoons and such and dvds that the kids can take back to the room. The staff will help you with dining arrangements and when we were there for the Food and Wine Festival they helped my husband and cousin find a place to view a big fight that weekend provided them with directions and information about the location.

There are also little extras you can do away from the lounge, mostly for kids. You can set up a time to go to Build A Bear before opening, go to Sephora before opening, there's a Pirate hunt, there's learning to draw the characters and things like that.

So, if the upgrade fits into your budget go for it!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Disney Gram

DL HOTEL...I LOVE staying there...just feels like Disney!!!

The pixie dust ceiling borders are “charged” during the day by both natural and lamp light. Turn the lights on so it will glow in the dark.

Disney Hotel guests may have purchases delivered to the hotel. You pick them up at the bellhop desk after 7:30 a.m. the next morning.

If you purchase more than your luggage will hold!!....the bell desk will pack items for you and ship them UPS, etc. for you.

Build a Bear early entry = $10.00 – only on certain days…ask at check in. One mouse board member said that in 2006 there was no charge or set amount to spend.

You can also check at the desk about Sephora makeover specials in DTD...

Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel guests may use the services at either Resort Hotel.

You may keep your room key as a souvenir!

Lobby area around Goofy’s Kitchen – good photo op with Autopia car

Go up in the elevators and look at the art work and the Peter Pan mural.

There is a wall of memorabilia by the Grand Ball Room with pictures of famous guests at Disneyland.

Disneyland Hotel guests can take the “Happiest Hotel on Earth” guided tour (2006). The tour is about one hour in length and is a walking tour. It is currently offered twice a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays, at 3:00 p.m. Contact the front desk for more information and reservations.

JUNGLE CRUISE BOATS YOU STEER (Located by the Lost Bar)

Be sure to look at the waterfalls by the Bonita Tower...beautiful!!
    The Koi Pond...on past the waterfalls... Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. you can feed the Koi. There is a little gate with a platform and guests can go out on the platform over the water where the CM will provide a handful of pellets. The koi eat right out of your hands.

CONCEIRGE LEVEL
    Guests have their own check-in desk
    Your key is unique, which allows you access to the Concierge Lounge.

Concierge CM’s will assist with dining and other reservations.

You will have a better room, on a higher floor.

A fuller line of the Mickey Mouse toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash. A new set is available each day.

DVD player and complimentary movie rentals

Table games available for use in the concierge lounge

Turn down service with chocolates or mints on your pillow. Additional touches may include your radio on, ice bucket filled, etc. You might receive an extra treat your first night.

The lounge is located atop the Sierra Tower, with a private outside elevator entrance as well.

We did this once...LOVED IT!!! You are also able to take any of the snacks/drinks, etc., back to your room...bottles of water to take into the park were nice! It is a splurge, but everyone should once!! My granddaughter loved the outside elevator...especially at night.

Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

u can get early admission to the parks, now thats one heck of a good benefit to staying to the dl hotels

• Minion

We have done concierge levels at other hotels and did find it worth it (with 4 teens!) But it was usually only $40 a day more. $125 makes me think twice.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast