Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for inf

It's up to $50!!! I couldn't bring myself to pay that for an item I wasn't 100% sure where it came from, or where it was placed in the ride.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for inf

Why was there a robin williams prop made?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Why was there a robin williams prop made?
    They store all sorts of old props in the prop room (actually it more closely resembles a garage with severl sections.

The Robin Williams prop was created for use in Flubber. Behind the camera, there was serveral of the robot costumes from Bicentenial Man, Paintings, armor, The gargoyles from Armegedeon,

Also this incredible "stuffed" Jack Warden (from a film in which he's dead for most of the film) The flash ruined the detail, but this thing was incredible!

I think someone else recently posted a pic showing the Narnia Wardrobe residing there now.... Sorry don't mean to derail this thread. But it shows how a prop can be 'lifted' from Disney. Even if this is a true Disney prop, and if even if it did come from the prop department (in either a legit wat or not) it does not mean it was used in Pirates.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I dragged my Herbie The Love Bug 1000 miles to be a prop for the Hollywood Premeire of Herbie Fully Loaded at the El Capitan at the request of Disney. Part of the event for Herbie owners was a private screening before the premiere on the lot(in the Frank Wells building, followed by lunch and a tour of the studios, and a quick walk through of the archives.

My family and I had a blast. Unfortunaly I didn't take too many pics, partly because my memory card was almost full, and because I was trying (hard) to be discrete and respectful of our hosts.
    Lucky you! And great car! Those were the days when a bug was a bug! thanks for the info!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    HERE WAS THE ANSWER:

I can understand your concern. But it's like a minor
    with a gold mine. Why would I tell you where I get my
    gold from? All you would have to do is contact them
    dirrect and buy from them. Right?..... this is privy
    info for the winner only. I would have to be a
    complete idiot to give the number on where I buy my
    props from to the public.

Hummm..... comments?
    My comment would be, "I would be a complete idiot to buy something that I am not sure is authentic. Yes, it has a stamp on it but that stamp does not say "used in the movie POTC". I am funny about ebay, if people have negative feedback, a few no a ton, but the replies from them are polite and let you know what happened I will still deal. If they are rude, as this one is to you, or sarcastic then I don't deal with them. Thanks for your leg work on this! Good job
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123