Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for info -

Hey everyone....

first off --- I have nothing to do with this. I am not selling it, I probably can't even spell it but I saw this and at least thought it was interesting.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/93/5c/8ea4_1.JPG

It is a prop from Pirates of the Carribean Ride at Disneyland. It is a battered looking tin mug. Yesterday it was .99cents and today it's around 35.00.

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/93/5c/8dfc_1.JPG

They show a Disney-Props Dept sticker on the bottom and details of how they bought it at a new auction.

The auction ends in a couple of days but I thought it would be funny to see what we would pay for it if we would (AGAIN --- THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY --- -I AM NOT SELLING SQUAT!)... Myself.... well, I was the one who bid 99 cents .

Also, can anyone guess EXACTLY where its from... or is it a fake.... (By the way, I have no idea where it is from....)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DISNEY-Prop-PIRAT...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-24-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: hotlinking images is against MiceChat's rules

Disney Road

Re: Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for inf

I have never inbedded pictures before... I hope it was ok.

Disney Road

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for inf

It came through fine. I have no idea where this would have come from. Possible, if it's real, from that cave scene in the bar where they are drinking and you can see the liquid going down through there chests. That's the only place I have seen this type of prop sitting on a counter. Unless it's one of the many that are used by the A/A Pirates during the burning scene where they are hoisting a cup while toasting anything they can think of. The sticker does look real, but now days you never know.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Went to 55

And no one seems to care about this thred....*sigh* --- goes back to my shanty under the audience in :It's A Bug's World.... who do you think pokes all those bums at the end anyways.....

Disney Road

• I have returned !!

well it would almost make more sense to be from the movie rather than the ride. The only stuff the took OUT of the ride didnt have this type of stuff in it.. unlessit has been in a box for years and years.
    being it is from a Disney Studios lot..
    wouldnt that indeed be a movie prop?
    just thinkin..wouldnt be the first time info got mixed up. ( not by you by the seller)

I must say tho i own some old POTC-I movie props and none had that sticker on it.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• living to haunt

I am very interested in this thread and I am glad you started it. I have looked at several of the items they have had up, but I just get a funny feeling. Why won't they give you the name of the place they bought it from until after the auction is over? Something as big as a POTC item right now I would know all the details so I could make more money. You know someone on MiceChat knows about that label on the bottom and can tell us. I would love to bid on their items but I am just not sure...

Anyone know about the sticker? Thanks for the thread!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I have never inbedded pictures before... I hope it was ok.
    Perfect. Thanks for the info, Johnny!! A word of caution to all prospective bidders: it would appear that no certificate of Authenticity is offered with this auction. The name and phone number of the prop house it was purchased from is the only provenance given (and I'm thinking if they had one, they would have included it in the sale of the item the first time)
    Anyhow, as always, caveat emptor!
    "mousesurplus" and "surpluskingdom" are proven reputable sellers on eBay of authentic Disney props and memorabilia (I'm sure Charlie [circarama] could list more). I have never purchased from the seller of the "POTC prop" mug listed above. Good Luck to all bidders!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by idzy View Post
    well it would almost make more sense to be from the movie rather than the ride. The only stuff the took OUT of the ride didnt have this type of stuff in it.. unlessit has been in a box for years and years.
    being it is from a Disney Studios lot..
    wouldnt that indeed be a movie prop? just thinkin..wouldnt be the first time info got mixed up. ( not by you by the seller)

I must say tho i own some old POTC-I movie props and none had that sticker on it.
    Interesting--I as well own POTC movie HERO props and POTC Disneyland props ("treasure" from the Treasure Room scene) and none have this sticker.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I don't doubt it's authenticity, but I do question how it was attained.

In my humble opinion, it's probably been looted from the studio prop department, which is why there is no COA. But it is kind of fitting that looted props from a pirate movie would end up on ebay.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I don't doubt it's authenticity, but I do question how it was attained.

In my humble opinion, it's probably been looted from the studio prop department, which is why there is no COA. But it is kind of fitting that looted props from a pirate movie would end up on ebay.
    Good point, Charlie. In re-reading my post (I actually do that, is that narsicistic or what?), I may have given the impression that this item may be fraudulent. I don't believe it to be, but wanted to point out NO DOCUMENTATION is offered in this auction.

• I have returned !!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Good point, Charlie. In re-reading my post (I actually do that, is that narsicistic or what?), I may have given the impression that this item may be fraudulent. I don't believe it to be, but wanted to point out NO DOCUMENTATION is offered in this auction.
    oh crud.. i read my own posts all the time whats that say bout me?

yeah i wasn't saying either that it wasn't authentic.. so make a note of that..
    as far as I see it tho the only things you can ever guarantee are from a huge prop house thats got a good rep and a COA unless you pirate it yourself.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

This is the Disney Studios prop room. Yes everything has a bar code so that it may be checked out and used in what ever production may need them. If you look behind the Robin Williams prop, you can see many types of glasses and mugs.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    This is the Disney Studios prop room. Yes everything has a bar code so that it may be checked out and used in what ever production may need them. If you look behind the Robin Williams prop, you can see many types of glasses and mugs.
    OK, how do you get to go play there? WOW! that would be a field day for pictures!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

Smile Re: Hi Guys, I saw this POTC Prop on Ebay and thought I would share it...just for inf

Quote Originally Posted by idzy View Post
    oh crud.. i read my own posts all the time whats that say bout me?
    OMG --- I read mine too --- maybe there is a weekly self-help group.

Disney Road

After reading all of your answers... I sent the seller the following question:

I wish to bid on this item, but one thing bothers me: Why must I wait until after I bid to get the authentic information. All due, respect of course... I am not implying anything but as a Canadian who could spend over 100 dollars on this item, I would think it would be the other way around. Could you please advise?

I am quite interested now, before I bid, what the answer will be....

Disney Road

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast