• Former Cast Member

Nemo construction

I was at D-land today and walked by the sub lagoon and the construction obstruction walls. I noticed they no longer had any of the Nemo ride advertisements on them. They were solid blue. Anyone know when those were redone or why? I assume maybe it is so that in case they don't hit the current deadline, they don't look goofy?

• Done waiting!!

Re: Nemo construction

wow that's interesting. A lot of the graphics were starting to peel off so maybe they just cleaned them off to make it look better. Hopefully they're getting ready to take them down completely.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I dont think it has much to do with meeting the current deadline but more of the walls were looking pretty bad with patches all over it and peeling off and were just looking ulgy after going up with the 50th start.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Comin' at ya!

odd
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Lowering Expectations

All I know is that the old decals were peeling and getting damaged pretty bad in places. In any event, to me it seems to indicate that the walls are not going to be removed until just prior to opening. I could be wrong of course, but why would they go through the effort to make the walls plain blue if they were going to remove them soon anyway?

• Mickey Mouse Slave

rumor has it that there is a commerial already made and ready to air for the ride
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Shubisha

Ya they probably just stripped off the stickers with the Nemo stuff and it's the same blue paint that was up on May 5th huh? heh.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Actually, I went to the park on Thursday this week, and the walls all had brand new graphics. Now in new, I mean the same pictures, just it was all new and this time said "Summer 2007" all over it, instead of just 2007. Since the old covering was peeling and had been torn from when they moved the walls out a couple months ago, they obviously decided to replace it. But something must not have been done right when they put the new covering on, because it was bubbling up all over the wall in the sun. Now today, Friday, the walls were totally bare blue again. So I would say they took the covering off since it looked pretty bad. It will probably be back and re-applied since you know they want to be sure in promote the Subs to the busy Spring Break crowds.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Back in the day, they used to stick up plain walls with holes in them so you could see what was going on. This worked wonders for marketing of the ride because it built up so much aniticipation. The fact that you were able to see what they were doing IMHO was secondary to the fact that you were able to see the ride area and get excited over the fact that it would be opening.

With Nemo for some reason the suits were acting like they were putting in a top secret military installation and had that thing walled up so tight a blind person couldn't miss it. Serves 'em right that their cute little Nemo characters were peeling off!

• Circle of Ancients

When I saww the original post, I was thinking they were painted there because it's easier to have them ready for the next rehab of something and they would be getting removed.

Now that I see the graphics have been replaced, it makes me sad. I don't see the point of having the walls there now, everyone knows what's going on back there now.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Back in the day, they used to stick up plain walls with holes in them so you could see what was going on. This worked wonders for marketing of the ride because it built up so much aniticipation. The fact that you were able to see what they were doing IMHO was secondary to the fact that you were able to see the ride area and get excited over the fact that it would be opening.

With Nemo for some reason the suits were acting like they were putting in a top secret military installation and had that thing walled up so tight a blind person couldn't miss it. Serves 'em right that their cute little Nemo characters were peeling off!
    It would get too crowded to have people gathered around holes in the wall. That corridor usually gets crowded because of the Matterhorn's queue and parade route shuts down the entire path between the castle and Matterhorn. I really only remember the hole in the wall stuff when DCA was being built. I don't remember them used for new attractions.