Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• n/a

My POTC Pet Peeve

Sorry, I know this is useless without a picture... but I'm also against using the flash to take pictures during a ride. So if anyone with a good camera can get a pic, that'd be awesome!

In the final scene, the pirate leaning against the lever that is moving the barrels up and and down... THE BAR GOES THROUGH HIS SHIRT!!!! Meaning the the bar he is leaning against isn't in front of him, it's in him. I don't know if it's always been like this, or if a costumer got really lazy.

Anybody else notice this?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Premium Youngling and

Re: My POTC Pet Peeve

I never have. It always looked like he was just leaning on it to me...

You could get a pretty decent pic of that so I will try next time I go...

I know that H1939 has quite a few pics of that area so you can check his TR's

• no flash photography...

here's the scene:

and the bar does appear to go through the pirate...closer up:

• n/a

Thank You!!!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Thank You!!!
    no problem...

• n/a

This brings up another another topic... if it's always been like this because of the mechanics of the system... why not up date it?

Would MCers be against the replacing of the "classic" AAs with next gen clones (looking the same but with more movements)?

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    This brings up another another topic... if it's always been like this because of the mechanics of the system... why not up date it?

Would MCers be against the replacing of the "classic" AAs with next gen clones (looking the same but with more movements)?
    I don't know if it's always been that way, but something about the scene never seemed right to me. I could not place what it was.

I think they should all be updated. The jack AA is great, he makes the other ones look outdated. ...no, i don't think they should remove jack, but the rest should be brought up to date.

• Comin' at ya!

weird,....
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Head Salesman

I thought they did update that during one of the recent refurbs. I DO remember seeing it go across his chest and under his arms after a refurb.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Excellent observation, Demento!! You are correct--Even in pictures in which he does not have the coat on (white shirt only), the winch crank is not visible. I would imagine this is one of the key anchor points for the AA's frame. Good eyes, mate--"...it's th' crow's nest for you!"

• Head Salesman

I found this photo from March, 2006 that shows the bar going in front of the white shirt. But, it looks like it still goes through the jacket. Hmmm.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Disney Night Owl

Wow, I never even noticed this and I don't see how I could have missed it really. I'm always trying to look out for the small details whenever I go.

As for all the AAs being updated, I'm happy with how most of them are really. I do really like the movement from the Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and the auctioneer pirate ones but the rest are really fine as is. I think it would be a costly move that just really isn't all that necessary. I'd rather see the money go towards updating another attraction.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• 88 mph

Wow, I didn't even catch that until you pointed that out. Maybe thats why they didn't bother doing anything. Only Mcers and Apers can catch stuff like that.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Your are correct --- I owe you a coke.

Disney Road

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam View Post
    I found this photo from March, 2006 that shows the bar going in front of the white shirt. But, it looks like it still goes through the jacket. Hmmm.
    Good find, Trader Sam!! Is it possible those who dress the pirates sometimes are merely in more of a hurry than other times? Hmmm...anyhow, it's th' crow's nest for BOTH you two hawk-eyes!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast