• A Pirate's life for me!

Our Spring Break in DL/DCA

We made our annual Spring Break trip this week. Friday to Friday. What a BLAST!

First off, thanks to Mr Lightyear999 (Tim at Craig's Travel) for making our hotel arrangements. Awesome deal and great room!

Our trip to the Resort also included side trips to LegoLand, USH and playing tourist at a few local "hot-spots".

But the highlight of the trip was our time spent in DL, starting with the meet last Sunday. Met some "old" friends and made some new ones. It's always a nice feeling to put a smiling face to a username. There are some great folks here at MC!

We hung out with the Wolf-Pack until our lunch at Blue Bayou. Great meal!

We then checked out the Pirate's event in the Gallery and made an art purchase. The "Dead Men Tell No Tales" piece by Alvin. Saw him inside as well.

We enjoyed the Parade and fireworks later that night. Checked out a band called Soto at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Sounded good, but not our style. Can't hardly wait for SandBox Band in two weeks!

We had breakfast at the Carnation Cafe one morning. VERY tastey! A first for us. Thank goodness we had priority seating arrangements. What a line!

We also did another first. Dinner with the Wolf-Pack Tuesday night at Hook's Pointe. Excellent choice and great company!

Did all of the usual rides. Space Mtn was broke-down quite a bit. We were "lucky" enough to experience a break-down first hand while on the ride though. Another first! It was fun being pushed down the track by the CM's. I hope they didn't strain their backs doing it though.

It was nice to see the construction moving right along with the Sub's. We're really looking forward to the new ride!

Finished things up by enjoying a viewing of the 50th hosted by Steve Martin. The CM out front told us that they should have it up through the summer. I noticed that the display that housed the "E" ticket books was empty.

Great weather, a little cooler than we figured on a couple of days, but we were VERY happy that we didn't have to experience the 90 degree weather that we have in the past. It didn't keep the kids from swimming until the pool closed at 10 pm a few nights though!

Oh...And hardly a cheerleader to be found! Yay!!!

Easter weekend is our next trip. Enjoying the Buffet at the DL Hotel with the Wolf-Pack. Ouch! That is only in two weeks! Better start packing! LOL

Took some pics.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 10-08-2007 at 03:34 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Our Spring Break in DL/DCA

Wow, you spent a week there. I can't even imagine what that's like. I haven't been to Disneyland for more than 5 hours at a time since I was 14 or 15.

You no doubt spent a lot of money getting to the park. Is it disappointing to visit in the off-season and see everything closed? Did you think about these things before you planned your trip, but decided to go anyway, or did it not matter?

Also, why does everyone seem to break down on their very first ride on Space Mountain, and yet in over a decade I've never broken down on it? I mean, it doesn't matter now that the whole thing is lit up like a Christmas tree, but it's the principle of the thing.

• Merry 2014!

Nice trip report. Where is that big Mickey scuplture located? It sure is cute.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Nice trip report. Where is that big Mickey scuplture located? It sure is cute.

It is located to the right of the entrance to the lobby of the DL Hotel. It faces the parking lot.

During the Christmas season, Mickey has a Santa hat on as well.

Nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Wow, you spent a week there. I can't even imagine what that's like.

Is it disappointing to visit in the off-season and see everything closed? Did you think about these things before you planned your trip, but decided to go anyway, or did it not matter?

Also, why does everyone seem to break down on their very first ride on Space Mountain, and yet in over a decade I've never broken down on it?

A week is great, but it goes by sooooo fast!

Not too much was closed. Splash, the Ships, Railroad and the Subs (but you can't really count them), but that's OK. We'll catch them next time. Plenty of other stuff to do. Yeah, it was a planned trip. Spring Break for the kids, and a much-needed vacation week from work for me.

It was our first break-down on SM. We've enjoyed the ride many times before and five times just this trip. Rockin' was a hit with the kids.

This was a trip with a lot of firsts though...

Enjoy!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing. BTW what did you eat for breakfast at Carnation?

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report and great pictures!
    Taking a week off to spend at DL sounds like heaven to me !!
    <3 Chloe

• no flash photography...

It does look like you had a great time. Do you live far away? How often do you go?

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    BTW what did you eat for breakfast at Carnation?

Sorry, I don't recall the name of it, but it was the poached egg with sauce and ham on a croissant with sliced potatoes. I HIGHLY recommend that to anyone that will be having breakfast there.

Other items enjoyed by our family were the Mickey waffles, the spiced apple pancakes, the "standard" breakfast meal (eggs, sausage, potatoes) and the kids waffles.

All of it looked and tasted terrific!

And it was reasonably priced!

What more could you ask for??? hehe

BTW- You really should make priority seating arrangements with Disney Dining when dining there. Not a lot of tables and a very long line for folks wanting to eat there. Certainly worth the wait, but why when you have a choice.

Bon appetite!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Do you live far away? How often do you go?

NorCal...The Bay Area. 5 1/2 hour drive down the I-5.

We "normally" make three to four, 5 day (or so) trips per year (spring break, June when school lets out, early Oct and Thanksgiving week), with a few long weekends/impromptu trips thrown in for fun (like the MC Anniversary meet, SandBox Band weekend, Easter, etc..).

But it can vary. Last year was a record year for us. Seven trips overall with 27 gate entries.

Yeah...We're AP'ers. (have been since '89) LOL

• Still wants to be a cat!

It was great spending time with you and your family as always! See ya soon!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Sorry, I don't recall the name of it, but it was the poached egg with sauce and ham on a croissant with sliced potatoes. I HIGHLY recommend that to anyone that will be having breakfast there.

And it was reasonably priced!

What more could you ask for??? hehe

Bon appetite!
    I think you had a version of eggs benedict. I have only eaten at the carnation cafe once and it was good food alright, I think the best in the park. The cost was pretty affordable considering the quality and the head chef came to our table to check on our dining experience. We didn't have priority seating but the line moved pretty quickly, we must have hit it just right. You had cool trip!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

^^^^^

Yeah, that's it.

The "Croissant Benedict".

Mmmmm good!