Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dress Code?

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Re: Dress Code?

this is a really interesting thread

i think that the reason the women was singled out because lets face it someone like that really stands out!
    Last edited by thrax; 03-25-2007 at 12:12 PM.
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i personally thinks its absurd that Disney made her leave the park for dressing like that , but that's just me

My Maleficent tattoo

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    i personally thinks its absurd that Disney made her leave the park for dressing like that , but that's just me
    I do too...and just because she stood out does not make it right.

I would so much rather see that then the lady in the overweight woman in the hip huggers 2 sizes to small, a belly baring top and the worst part, her stomach hung over her pants almost to her crotch...where was security then???

• Still lost in Neverland

Back in the day, people dressed to go anywhere, and Disneyland was no exception. Look at some of the pics on Extinct Attractions and you can see the ladies wore full dresses, sometimes gloves and nice purses carried properly for a lady. Some wore fancy hats with nets and feathers. The men always wore suits, but even back them some would wear slacks, open collared shirts and if it got chilly some kind of sport jacket. The kids always wore slacks and open collared dress shirts and the girls wore skirts and blouses. The dress code was very strict back then.

When I first visited the Park I was 13 and every time we went to the Park, usually during my father's vacation time, I had to dress up to go. Why the dress code got more relaxed is hard to define. The times changed, sometimes for the worse, and people started complaining more. Then of course the kids started rebelling against any kind of authority, especially any from their parents, and people just didn't care so they let them do what they wanted.

Personally I like dressing casually when going to Disneyland, more for comfort that for any special cause. I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay). I am glad to see security stepping up the dress code rules and I have noticed that even when walking into the Park with no packages, if you are wearing a jacket of any kind, and it is buttoned up, they are making you unbutton the jacket and spread it open. This is a good thing as this not only lets them see if there are any naughty T-Shirts under the jacket, or if you are concealing anything like knives and guns under that jacket. I think its better to be safe than sorry.

And I also blame the parents for letting the kids dress like that when going out in a public, Family Environment. The CM at Star Tours was well within his rights to do what he did, and when the dad responded like that, security should have been immediately summoned.

Just my 2 cents.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    One time at Auto there was this 11ish looking boy going through our line with a shirt that said "******* you!" but remove the asterisks. The lead asked him where his parents were so he could talk to them. I was at the entrance and his parents were standing near me. The lead comes out and asked the parents to have the boy turn his shirt inside out for the rest of the day because it was offensive to others. The father said and I quote "If I have one more f-ing worker telling me to turn his shirt inside out I am going to lay the smackdown on them." What classy people they were indeed.
    You wonder what kind of parents they are.

BAD ONES.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay).
    I couldn't disagree with you more on this. The way you dress is a means of expression. And fans of Disneyland come from all walks of life. some of which may not be considered "conventional", by many. I myself have been asked if i'm "in a band", etc, and I have never once felt compelled to desecrate the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    I have to agree with this. I am in my 50's and see nothing wrong with her outfit. She is covered! I don't see anything I wouldn't let my grandkids see. I have seen girls her age and much older wearing much less and no one says a word. We play a game called "what was he/she thinking" when we see someone who should NOT be wearing skimpy clothing. I would rather see the Goth outfit than the 40 something with a tank top and shorts 10 sizes to small. Off my soapbox
    I don't know but I suspect it had to do more with the garters and stocking bit being perceived as underwear than how skimpy the clothing was (seen lots skimpier at the parks). They do have to draw the line somewhere.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I would so much rather see that then the lady in the overweight woman in the hip huggers 2 sizes to small, a belly baring top and the worst part, her stomach hung over her pants almost to her crotch
    god thats much worse!

(except on Goth Day
    like bats day?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Personally I like dressing casually when going to Disneyland, more for comfort that for any special cause. I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay). I am glad to see security stepping up the dress code rules and I have noticed that even when walking into the Park with no packages, if you are wearing a jacket of any kind, and it is buttoned up, they are making you unbutton the jacket and spread it open. This is a good thing as this not only lets them see if there are any naughty T-Shirts under the jacket
    Ridiculous....simply and utterly ridiculous.

That is all I have to say about that post.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I don't know but I suspect it had to do more with the garters and stocking bit being perceived as underwear than how skimpy the clothing was (seen lots skimpier at the parks). They do have to draw the line somewhere.
    Her shoes/boots don't look they would be very safe for walking around in all day either. But if she was let in like that, can they kick her back out after the fact?

I hate some of the t-shirts I see kids wearing these days. So obnoxious! And who buys these shirts for them- the parents. Ugh. Why would you put your kid in clothes like that?
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

I am glad to see security stepping up the dress code rules and I have noticed that even when walking into the Park with no packages, if you are wearing a jacket of any kind, and it is buttoned up, they are making you unbutton the jacket and spread it open. This is a good thing as this not only lets them see if there are any naughty T-Shirts under the jacket, or if you are concealing anything like knives and guns under that jacket. I think its better to be safe than sorry.
    I have never experienced this and the past 3 or 4 times I was there, I was wearing a hoody.

• Progressive Disneylander

Back in the day, people dressed to go anywhere, and Disneyland was no exception. Look at some of the pics on Extinct Attractions and you can see the ladies wore full dresses, sometimes gloves and nice purses carried properly for a lady. Some wore fancy hats with nets and feathers. The men always wore suits, but even back them some would wear slacks, open collared shirts and if it got chilly some kind of sport jacket. The kids always wore slacks and open collared dress shirts and the girls wore skirts and blouses. The dress code was very strict back then.

When I first visited the Park I was 13 and every time we went to the Park, usually during my father's vacation time, I had to dress up to go. Why the dress code got more relaxed is hard to define. The times changed, sometimes for the worse, and people started complaining more. Then of course the kids started rebelling against any kind of authority, especially any from their parents, and people just didn't care so they let them do what they wanted.

Personally I like dressing casually when going to Disneyland, more for comfort that for any special cause. I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay).
    Wow. All I can do is shake my head at most of this. Thank God for progress!

As for the girl in the picture, I don't like the idea of people getting tossed out of the park for wearing attire that isn't fit in with everyone's vision of what is 'normal'.

I think in this girl's case, she probably sunk her own ship with her choice of garder-attached stockings and maybe showing a smidge too much up top. Most of her outfit might not be the style of most people, but there is nothing really 'wrong' with most of it.

We are ALL expressing ourselves when we choose what we wear to the park or anywhere else. If we weren't, we'd all be wearing similar looking stuff like a bunch of mindless clones.

So whether it was the ladies in the fancy hats or the men in their dapper suits to the people today wearing mouse ears or black vinyl dresses, everyone is individually presenting themselves in a way that makes a statement to everyone whether it is bold or subtle. How you dress and present yourself is an extention of you.

Sometimes, there are those who enjoy going further than others when it comes to their clothing choices, but so what? Personally, I think it's fine so long as it isn't somehow offensive or inappropriate.

Certainly outright obscene words or visuals shouldn't be allowed into the park nor should any attire that shows too much of one's self.

There are also some extreme cases where people dress in such a way in an effort to draw an extra amount of attention to themselves and those folks need to be negotiated with as well. I mean, if I should come to the park in full KISS regalia, even I believe that I should be asked to take off the makeup and put on a shirt.

I just don't like to see a bias against those whose style isn't seen as being part of the general norm. Goths are always a big target in this bias. In some cases, they hurt themselves by pushing the envelope to far. But many cases, there just seems to be people who want other folks to look more 'normal' because of their personal views.
    Last edited by KISSman; 03-25-2007 at 04:14 PM.

• Helmsdad

Poor thing. I think she looks kinda' cute. At least this girl made an attempt at wearing something cute or fashionable. Everyone has different taste in clothing but AT LEAST she tried. At least at some point she looked in the mirror before leaving the house. I don't think she's bad at all and I'm old. I actually come from those "old days."

I've seen people who could've NO WAY even looked in the mirror before leaving the house. I began taking photos of people in DL who NO WAY could've looked in the mirror before leaving. Then my wife was asking me why I was taking pictures of girls (for some reason most of them are women). And I said "just look at her! You'd think she has a friend or someone who could've stopped and explained to her that that's not right." Some examples?

If you have hair or several hairs protruding from a facial mole. Just a friendly reminder: It's OKAY to shave it off before leaving the house! NO. PLEASE shave if off BEFORE going out in public at all. (with all due respect Mam'). The mole is not a problem. We all have them - not our fault. A little attention to personal grooming is appreciated by all. Kind of like deoderant.

If you are....um.....gosh. (What's the PC word for overweight?). When I was young we called it what it was... fat. For cryin' out loud if you're fat then you're fat. No matter what you call it, it is what it is. You know who you are and if you're overweight then you have (and are carrying) a surplus of extra bodyfat (redundancy intended). Now that in and of itself presents NO problem what so ever. MOST of us are carrying more weight than we NEED. No problem. However, if you decide to show off all your "extra" with clothing such as midriffs, tank tops (for women with bigger guns than Arnold), Really short shorts (for folks with ...um...larger thighs than Walter Peyton), etc. etc. Then in my humble opionion you have crossed a kind of decency line. We see this more and more all the time.

If you are wearing offensive words on your clothing (not just cursing type words either) but words that are provocative in nature or designed to incite or offend others then you have also crossed a decency line and must be addressed. Since you do not have the ability to self-correct then you must be corrected by others.

I have a picture of a girl at DL walking near Alice wearing a white see through dress. It was COMPLETLY see thru and she was wearing a white thong underneath. My wife was like "where are you going?" I was like "I gotta get a picture of this!" It was pretty outrageous. She crossed a decency line in my opinion even though she was skinny. If every woman ran around like that, well could you imagine? I try not to.

I have another picture of a teen girl whose thong was pulled 1/2 way up her back and her britches were as low as they could probably go. She was kind of bending over the rail on the outside of the tea cups ride. Yikes!
    She was not skinny to say the least either.

In my opinion the girl in the photo is no where near the line of indecency. I have a feeling that if she looked like Gwen Stefani she would NOT have been asked to leave. (Or just prettier in general).

Maybe we need the Romey and Michelle "Fashion Police" to actually ticket some of these folks instead of running them out of the park.

Is is indecent to dress in a way that highlights your sexuality? That seems at the minimum very subjective - but that's just my opinion. I'm not offended by her in any way. Sometimes that's what makes vacations and stuff so much fun. Seeing different people, clothes etc.
    Last edited by sixwoofys; 03-25-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Did I just say that?

• Banned User

Maybe she wasn't walked/kicked out? But maybe security just had a discussion with her and she explained herself.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    Personally, if I were asked any of these questions, let alone all of them, I would completely rethink my attire, that is, unless you do work on an attraction, are part of a band -- and at the venue -- or in a parade.
    You have a very good point there!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast