Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dress Code?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Dress Code?

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I wish they would enforce it again. during the summer some of the outfits I see are truly disgusting on the people who chose to wear it. I can't believe peole look in the mirror and think "i look hot" and they leave the house. it's simply amazing....
    I completely agree with you. This might sound bad, and I don't mean it to sound bad, but my thought is "Just because you can put it on, doesn't mean it fits."

• Minion

I do too...and just because she stood out does not make it right.

I would so much rather see that then the lady in the overweight woman in the hip huggers 2 sizes to small, a belly baring top and the worst part, her stomach hung over her pants almost to her crotch...where was security then???
    it pains me to see people walk around like this!!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    " I began taking photos of people in DL who NO WAY could've looked in the mirror before leaving. Then my wife was asking me why I was taking pictures of girls (for some reason most of them are women). And I said "just look at her! You'd think she has a friend or someone who could've stopped and explained to her that that's not right."
    THIS is tooooo funny. People, including your wife must think you are a stalker. I love it. I see a whole thread here of pictures titled..."what was he/she thinking? did they look in a mirror". You start it!

If you are....um.....gosh. (What's the PC word for overweight?). When I was young we called it what it was... fat. For cryin' out loud if you're fat then you're fat. No matter what you call it, it is what it is. MOST of us are carrying more weight than we NEED. No problem. However, if you decide to show off all your "extra" with clothing such as midriffs, tank tops (for women with bigger guns than Arnold), Really short shorts (for folks with ...um...larger thighs than Walter Peyton), etc. etc. Then in my humble opionion you have crossed a kind of decency line.
    OK I am fat and I hear you. And this is not just ladies, nope I have seen more oversized buttcracks on men with pants way to small than I want to think about. And I am sorry but that beer belly does not qualify as a six pack abs ad.

If you are wearing offensive words on your clothing (not just cursing type words either) but words that are provocative in nature or designed to incite or offend others then you have also crossed a decency line and must be addressed.
    I like the 10 year old girls walking around with the shirts that say "I'm easy" or "tease me with candy"...where are the parents???? Or the teenager with a big "EASY" on her shirt.

I have a picture of a girl at DL walking near Alice wearing a white see through dress. It was COMPLETLY see thru and she was wearing a white thong underneath. My wife was like "where are you going?" I was like "I gotta get a picture of this!" It was pretty outrageous. She crossed a decency line in my opinion even though she was skinny. If every woman ran around like that, well could you imagine? I try not to.
    As my husband says it is politically incorrect to look, so why do they dress like that???? So they can get you in trouble?

I have another picture of a teen girl whose thong was pulled 1/2 way up her back and her britches were as low as they could probably go. She was kind of bending over the rail on the outside of the tea cups ride.
    Be careful that stalker thing is not to far away...
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Maybe we need the Romey and Michelle "Fashion Police" to actually ticket some of these folks instead of running them out of the park.
    Someone need to call Clinton & Stacey (from "What Not to Wear") and have them hunt the main offenders down like rabid dogs.

Every time I see a 200+ pound woman wearing short-shorts with a thong sticking out the back makes me want to hurl. The stuff is called UNDERWEAR for a reason... it's supposed to stay UNDER your clothes.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I wish they would enforce it again. during the summer some of the outfits I see are truly disgusting on the people who chose to wear it. I can't believe peole look in the mirror and think "i look hot" and they leave the house. it's simply amazing....
    I don't think it's just for the summer months. I've seen quite a few people at Disneyland during the winter months dressed like it's 85 degrees outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The times changed, sometimes for the worse, and people started complaining more. Then of course the kids started rebelling against any kind of authority, especially any from their parents, and people just didn't care so they let them do what they wanted.

Personally I like dressing casually when going to Disneyland, more for comfort that for any special cause. I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay).

And I also blame the parents for letting the kids dress like that when going out in a public, Family Environment. The CM at Star Tours was well within his rights to do what he did, and when the dad responded like that, security should have been immediately summoned.
    I agree with you. I wish that if Disney is going to enforce a dress code, enforce it on every single person who goes through the turnstiles. It's wrong that they pick on the ones who dress "goth" and not the ones wearing hardly any clothing or clothing that you can see through. I've always been annoyed with girls wearing tops that are like this small or people who generally don't even get dressed. I've seen people wear PJ pants or those track suits that make your body jiggle. That type of stuff should stay at home.

• Disney worshipper/geek

My mother and I have often noticed that Stacey and Clinton would have a field day at a Disney Park.

I think the girl in the picture is mostly just wearing an awful dress. I didn't think it entirely broke any standards, but it seemed a bit borderline.

But, in general, I think the problem is that we have raised people to think that whatever they want to do, they can. Because, if we tell them something is innappropriate, they sue. (Thank you Dr. Spock.)

There is really only getting to be so much we can do, including CMs, unfortunuately. Even in public schools, you cannot correct a child's work because you will get some sort of card played (race card, etc.). This just carries over into everything. Look at Lohan, Spears, Jolie, and Madonna for perfect examples of the "You can't judge me" mantality.

As to some people wanting to attract attention with clothes expressing profanity and that line between this and "expressing yourself" through clothing, I agree on both sides. YES, what you wear says a lot about you, and some people like to keep that in mind. Unfortuately, the world is full of stupid, ignorant, AWFUL people. There is a point where it is no longer expression but an announcement that you graduated from the Paris Hilton School of Like Gaining Attention.

Keanu Reeves said in "Parenthood" (I'm paraphrasing) "You need a license to own a dog, drive a car, go fishing, but any a**hole can be a parent". It all boils down to that when you ask, "Where are their parents?"
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

it's not the dress that bothers me it's the fact that the guy had an umbrella in the sun? i know this isn't an uncommon sight but for some reason it wierds me out to see this?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have seen them stop guests at the security tents and ask them to turn their shirt inside out or change it
    Yup, I've heard it too. But sadly they don't seem to stop the right people all of the time. One European tourist was asked to do the same with her light blue on light blue (meaning you could hardly see the works) fcuk hoodie on a cooler day at WDW. Yes, the name of the clothing brand is similar to another word, but in the big picture MANY guests (especially Europeans) are wearing the same line of clothing and aren't asked to and individuals wear things at are much worse and aren't stopped.

• Cast Member

I don't think I personally see anything wrong with the goth girl. But be that as it may, CMs, security, whoever have a responsibility to ensure that Disneyland provides a safe environment. A personal view on such doesn't always apply.

This whole issue is not an issue to anyone with any training to deal with this situation.

What we are supposed to do is if a lead or CM notices such a situation such as a someone wearing profanity on a shirt or revealing too much skin, we have to step in.

We politely ask the person to change their clothing or cover the offending garment.

If that doesn't work, then possible guest service recovery options can be utilized.

And if that doesn't work, then security will be called to take over the matter if a guest still won't cooperate.

The point is, Disneyland is not public land, it is still a private entity. It has it's own rules, although not stated as directly as a mall would.

We as CMs have to ensure safety for EVERYONE. If asking someone to remove or replace a garment is what it takes, then that's what it takes. How would you feel if some guest got into a fight or started a commotion or worse over a simple t-shirt's content or too much skin revealed. I'd feel bad if I were the one just letting it "slip by."

You come to Disneyland for a family atmosphere, you should get one. It's what it is known for.

It's not the beach and it's not a typical club.

Anything that gets in the way of that AND safety is enough of a reason to prompt a CM to address the situation. Anything that could lead to possibly safety issues is suitable.

Does seem a little outlandish but better to be safe than sorry.

And that's what the whole situation is about.

Bye.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I have seen people dressed a lot worse than that at DL/DCA and no one bats an eye.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post

Keanu Reeves said in "Parenthood" (I'm paraphrasing) "You need a license to own a dog, drive a car, go fishing, but any a**hole can be a parent". It all boils down to that when you ask, "Where are their parents?"

Awesome Awesome Awesome Quote!!!

While I wouldn't come to the park looking like that girl, I have been personally insulted for:
    * wearing flag shorts on the 4th of July (not made from an actual flag mind you, just red and white striped material on one side, blue and white star material on the other)
    * wearing SWEAT pants (gimme a break here people, it was December and FREEZING out!)

We all have our opinions and entitled to what we feel is appropriate, but my thought is - if they throw her out - why allow bats day? You see a hell of a lot worse that day! And even on gay day, I have seen pictures of some pretty raunchy and suggestive shirts! But I'm certain that if my friend wore his Jesus Christ shirt (looks like a coca cola shirt) I'm sure someone would have a problem with that also!

• Senior Minion

The girl wasn't even dressed that bad compared to what I see non-goth people wearing when it's hot out. If they are going to enforce the dress code for "anti social" dress that at least covers the person, then they should enforce it for people who expose to much of them selves...seriously I know it's the style, but if you don't look like brittany spears, then for the love of god don't dress like her. The visions of this one woman still have not left me...it was really bad!!
    I feel your pain. One time as I was heading toward the escalators in the parking structure I thought I saw someone naked by a car. Luckily they weren't naked, but unluckily I saw her ... bending over to adjust her CHILD in the stroller. She was wearing those low rise pants and I kid you not I saw her "vertical smile" ... and to add to it she was wearing a tube top! Did I mention that she looked like Rosie O'Donnell too!!!

Not to say that I'm all that great, but I know better then to have all my stuff hanging out like that.

I'd say as long as I can't see what you might look like naked (or what you look like naked for that matter) we're good.

• tentacle menagerie

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    i personally thinks its absurd that Disney made her leave the park for dressing like that , but that's just me
    I coulden't agree more! I see nothing wrong with her attire or "Goth" attire in general for that matter. I don't see how this attire can represent anything bad. I have personally had friendships with "Goth" people (I hate to label people) and they have only shown to be normal people.

I think it's cool that they take their time in putting outfits together and really dress up, whereas you see some people who go to DLR looking like they just rolled out of bed.
    colorless green ideas dream furiously

• For You!

I think she was probably asked to change because Disneyland doesn't allow adults to wear costumes. I'm sure her outfit could be considered a costume. Frankly, I have seen a lot worse too, and people should just have more class and taste - and really, just common sense.

I mean really, high heels, short skirts, black vinyl at Disneyland??!!! Is there really a need?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

bottom line here...

Disneyland is private property, they can ask any person to leave for any reason at any time. If a guest is dressed inappropriatly (and honestly, this is a family park, and the goth girl was dressed waaay inappropriate for this) then they have EVERY right to dismiss the guest.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast