Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dress Code?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Dress Code?

Quote Originally Posted by aenobarbe View Post
    bottom line here...

Disneyland is private property, they can ask any person to leave for any reason at any time. If a guest is dressed inappropriatly (and honestly, this is a family park, and the goth girl was dressed waaay inappropriate for this) then they have EVERY right to dismiss the guest.
    The problem I see with this is that I have seen people dressed worse than this. Yes, this is bad, but I have seen a lot worse. Unless there was another reason for kicking her out other than the way she was dressed, I don't think they should have done that.

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The problem I see with this is that I have seen people dressed worse than this. Yes, this is bad, but I have seen a lot worse. Unless there was another reason for kicking her out other than the way she was dressed, I don't think they should have done that.
    hmm. good point, perhaps they will only take action if someone came to them complaining

• "714"

I would like to hear what the girl has to say about this. IMHO I think the dress was fine but the garters/stockings is was got her "kicked out" as far as the shoes I have no idea cause I've seen chicks with stripper style heels walking around the park (not that theres anything worng with that. Im not here to judge) soooo who knows.....

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Banned User

I'm glad that DLR Security are doing their job!

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I wish they would step up the dress code again as the ones who come in dressed like Rockers, Mods, Goths (except on Goth Day) and the just plain nasty shirts are not there to enjoy the Park. They are there to make themselves be seen, to cause trouble because they are bored, or to rip things off from the Park, for fun and profit (On Ebay).
    Oh come on, this post can't be serious. First of all, "Rockers" is a pretty broad term. Are you talking Nikki Sixx or Pete Wentz? I see a lot more Pete Wentzes (how do you pluralize Wentz?), but that could be 85% of O.C. male teenagers.

And "Mods"? Really?

And the Goths, ah yes, the Goths. I actually believe that Goths in a strange way have more love for Disneyland than a lot of other visitors, and I kinda dig the fact that they enjoy it. I just enjoy how something that's such a true slice of American pie attracts such an "anti-crowd" ... see this thread for reasons why it does.

For some reason I'm reminded of the meet-and-greet scene in Hard Day's Night, when a reporter asks Ringo, "Are you a Mod or a Rocker?"

Ringo: I'm a Mocker.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
    Oh come on, this post can't be serious. First of all, "Rockers" is a pretty broad term. Are you talking Nikki Sixx or Pete Wentz? I see a lot more Pete Wentzes (how do you pluralize Wentz?), but that could be 85% of O.C. male teenagers.

And "Mods"? Really?

And the Goths, ah yes, the Goths. I actually believe that Goths in a strange way have more love for Disneyland than a lot of other visitors, and I kinda dig the fact that they enjoy it. I just enjoy how something that's such a true slice of American pie attracts such an "anti-crowd" ... see this thread for reasons why it does.

For some reason I'm reminded of the meet-and-greet scene in Hard Day's Night, when a reporter asks Ringo, "Are you a Mod or a Rocker?"

Ringo: I'm a Mocker.
    Aren't a lot of goths into Nightmare Before Christmas items? If so, then they shouldn't sell any NBC related merchandise, and not do the HM overlay every year either.

I don't see how they can single out goths when goths are really into and buy the Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Some "Goth" looks border on "Domination" fetish garb. I suppose it's the "sexy vampire" type-o-thing, but much of it inappropriate.
    Conversely, I see a lot of mainstream summer wear that is just as inappropriate, yet goes unmentioned, and seemingly unnoticed by DL "security".

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Some "Goth" looks border on "Domination" fetish garb. I suppose it's the "sexy vampire" type-o-thing, but much of it inappropriate.
    Conversely, I see a lot of mainstream summer wear that is just as inappropriate, yet goes unmentioned, and seemingly unnoticed by DL "security".
    agreed

• tentacle menagerie

goth, mod, rocker; seriously?!?!
    colorless green ideas dream furiously

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Okay, bondage/fetish gear is a problem, but to make the blanket statement that all Goths don't enjoy the park and are there to simply be a disruption is pretty silly.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

after reading all of this i believe that it's really not how she was dressed but because of the garters and other items that might have caused her being singled out
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

I sometimes see the people who dress eccentrically, whether goth or whatnot and have never found it offensive and they seem to enjoy the park than many others. I find the people who wear saggy pants, have muffin tops, whale tails, or simply wear less clothing more offensive.

And rockers and mods, I haven't seen the inappropriateness in those styles, and reading up on it from an online encyclopedia, "The rockers adopted a macho biker gang image, wearing clothes such as black leather jackets. The mods adopted a pose of scooter-driving sophistication, wearing suits and other cleancut outfits."

I find the whole "emo" style at the park quite annoying. Some say they look like goths, but they are the pretend long-haired sullen angst ridden teens dressed in black who capitalize on nostaglic items of the 80s, several things before most where born, frequenting shops where Nightmare before Christmas merchandise is sold, which is Disneyland and Hot Topic.
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 03-26-2007 at 02:38 PM.

• Minion

What about those dudes who sag their pants so low you can see half their boxers. How in the world do they keep the pants from falling? Are there hidden suspenders on the pants or something? I swear...one of these days I'm gonna walk behind one of these guys and just yank those pants down. Gotta make sure I videotape it so I can share it with you good folks here on Micechat

• Starwisher

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    What about those dudes who sag their pants so low you can see half their boxers. How in the world do they keep the pants from falling? Are there hidden suspenders on the pants or something? I swear...one of these days I'm gonna walk behind one of these guys and just yank those pants down. Gotta make sure I videotape it so I can share it with you good folks here on Micechat

I would so love to see that!

No, Scratch that. I'd just like to hear about it.

Seriously, what makes these boys think that showing their boxers (or briefs, as the case may be) makes them in any way attractive? Speaking for all the teen-aged girls of my acquaintance, EEEEEEEEEEW!

And the girls with the low-rise jeans/thong thing going? Just as bad.

My boys go to a charter school that has a fairly strict dress code, and I used to help enforce it. Whenever I came across a young man "slouching" his pants, I'd grab a few of the girls around and ask them their opinion. They always told the guys it was gross. Most of the guys stopped doing it.

And when I saw a young lady who was leaving too little to the imagination, I'd let her know that though it was only her intent to attract the attention of her male classmates, she was also probably attracting the attention of her 50-something male teachers, the janitors and the vending machine guys. They were usually so creeped out that they were more circumspect in how they dressed.

And when you ask "where are the parents?" most kids these days are left to get themselves ready for school. Most parents give their kids money and let them buy their own clothes. Most parents spend so little time with their kids they don't feel like they have any right to correct them. And most parents are intimidated by scowling, moody teenagers.

Too many parents think that their responsibility for the way their kids turn out ended when they put their kids in school.

Rant over. Sorry.

BTW, I totally agree that there should be a dress code at Disneyland (one that doesn't involve frocks and sports coats) but that it should be universally enforced, not selectively. And, perhaps, publicized or at least posted.
    Don't make me come in there!

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MotherPenguin View Post
    BTW, I totally agree that there should be a dress code at Disneyland (one that doesn't involve frocks and sports coats) but that it should be universally enforced, not selectively. And, perhaps, publicized or at least posted.
    And this is exactly the problem with Disney in this instance. It appears that if this young woman was singled out for the way she was dressed it is highly unfair, because there are people worse dressed than this who go there. Why single out her?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast