Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87

Thread: Dress Code?

  1. #1

    • Lipstick is Power
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nor Cal...510 baby
    Posts
    84

    Dress Code?

    Since seeing the picture of the goth girl being asked to leave I have been thinking about my outfits at DL. Now mind you I have never worn a vinyl dress, but some outfits have been a bit out there, most are themed in some way, and many times people have stopped me to take a picture, thinking I was in some kind of costume.

    I have been asked what attraction I work for, if I'm part of a band, and what parade I'm in. (Note: all questions were asked by DL tourists, not regulars)

    So on this note I was wondering if there is an official DL dress code, and where it's posted. Also, what are your personal thoughts and feeling about how people should dress wile in the park?

    -MCL-

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    282

    Re: Dress Code?

    I have been asked what attraction I work for, if I'm part of a band, and what parade I'm in.
    Personally, if I were asked any of these questions, let alone all of them, I would completely rethink my attire, that is, unless you do work on an attraction, are part of a band -- and at the venue -- or are in a parade.
    Last edited by MagicKingdomBoy; 03-25-2007 at 04:46 PM.

  3. #3

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Dress Code?

    I know that DL's dress code was pretty strict back when it first opened (my mom was a toddler at this time and she and her whole family frequented the park and there are many pictures of all of them in their sunday best for DL), but I don't think its that strict anymore...
    I've seen people with offensive sayings on their shirts, and drug paraphanalia on thier shirts, not being bothered....
    When I have seen these people it is usually around mid-afternoon so as to whether or not they were kicked out later, I don't know but it seems they would have been kicked out or asked to change by then if it were against the rules...
    <3 Chloe

  4. #4

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Dress Code?

    Quote Originally Posted by pin_up_pixie View Post
    Since seeing the picture of the goth girl being asked to leave I have been thinking about my outfits at DL. Now mind you I have never worn a vinyl dress, but some outfits have been a bit out there, most are themed in some way, and many times people have stopped me to take a picture, thinking I was in some kind of costume.

    I have been asked what attraction I work for, if I'm part of a band, and what parade I'm in. (Note: all questions were asked by DL tourists, not regulars)

    So on this note I was wondering if there is an official DL dress code, and where it's posted. Also, what are your personal thoughts and feeling about how people should dress wile in the park?

    -MCL-
    Where could I find that picture???

  5. #5

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Dress Code?

    I wish they would enforce it again. during the summer some of the outfits I see are truly disgusting on the people who chose to wear it. I can't believe peole look in the mirror and think "i look hot" and they leave the house. it's simply amazing....

  6. #6

    • Lipstick is Power
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nor Cal...510 baby
    Posts
    84

    Re: Dress Code?


  7. #7

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Dress Code?

    http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...138165835-L-LB

    Here is the link to the picture... It was in Darkbeers latest round of wonderful photos...
    <3 Chloe

  8. #8

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Dress Code?

    I have seen them stop guests at the security tents and ask them to turn their shirt inside out or change it

    If they wear a jacket inside the park and than take it off, the security and main gate never see their rude shirt or whatever they may have on under it....Also if they make them turn their shirt inside out, most cases is the second they get in their going to go into a bathroom and turn it back to normal....And when there are huge crowds its pretty hard I could guess for security to snatch these folks..

  9. #9

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Dress Code?

    The girl wasn't even dressed that bad compared to what I see non-goth people wearing when it's hot out. If they are going to enforce the dress code for "anti social" dress that at least covers the person, then they should enforce it for people who expose to much of them selves...seriously I know it's the style, but if you don't look like brittany spears, then for the love of god don't dress like her. The visions of this one woman still have not left me...it was really bad!!

  10. #10

    • Happiest Girl On Earth
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Irvine/Orange, CA
    Posts
    268

    Re: Dress Code?

    One time, my mom and I were visiting the park and there was a boy (who couldn't have been more than 11 years old) wearing a t-shirt (the size of a dress) with a picture of Britney Spears and Madonna french kissing.

    Now seriously, why would someone even WANT to wear that to Disneyland?

    My mom told me that, during my childhood (no more than 10 years ago), people weren't allowed to wear what they're allowed to wear today - "Goth" clothing, anything implying anything sexual, drug/alcohol paraphernalia... But it seems like they've really relaxed on that. One of my coworkers (who also works for Disney) said that there was a man with a big expletive that starts with an F on his shirt, and security asked him to either change his shirt or cover it up with tape. At least they caught that one...

    It's not even things that *I* think are ridiculous or offensive, but I think that some people's choices are inappropriate for a place that is filled with children...

    There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

    It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Dress Code?

    I remember when men with long hair weren't allowed into the parks.

  12. #12

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Dress Code?

    One time at Auto there was this 11ish looking boy going through our line with a shirt that said "******* you!" but remove the asterisks. The lead asked him where his parents were so he could talk to them. I was at the entrance and his parents were standing near me. The lead comes out and asked the parents to have the boy turn his shirt inside out for the rest of the day because it was offensive to others. The father said and I quote "If I have one more f-ing worker telling me to turn his shirt inside out I am going to lay the smackdown on them." What classy people they were indeed.





  13. #13

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: Dress Code?

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    The girl wasn't even dressed that bad compared to what I see non-goth people wearing when it's hot out. If they are going to enforce the dress code for "anti social" dress that at least covers the person, then they should enforce it for people who expose to much of them selves...seriously I know it's the style, but if you don't look like brittany spears, then for the love of god don't dress like her. The visions of this one woman still have not left me...it was really bad!!
    I have to agree with this. I am in my 50's and see nothing wrong with her outfit. She is covered! I don't see anything I wouldn't let my grandkids see. I have seen girls her age and much older wearing much less and no one says a word. We play a game called "what was he/she thinking" when we see someone who should NOT be wearing skimpy clothing. I would rather see the Goth outfit than the 40 something with a tank top and shorts 10 sizes to small. Off my soapbox
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  14. #14

    • living to haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sonoma California
    Posts
    636

    Re: Dress Code?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    One time at Auto there was this 11ish looking boy going through our line with a shirt that said "******* you!" but remove the asterisks. The lead asked him where his parents were so he could talk to them. I was at the entrance and his parents were standing near me. The lead comes out and asked the parents to have the boy turn his shirt inside out for the rest of the day because it was offensive to others. The father said and I quote "If I have one more f-ing worker telling me to turn his shirt inside out I am going to lay the smackdown on them." What classy people they were indeed.
    Later when they are interviewing the neighbors because the kid has blown someone off the face of the earth, hopefully the wonderful parents and not a innocent, people will wonder why he is like this. I don't blame the youth of today I blame the parents. I hope the lead threw the whole bunch out! If you want to wear that shirt at home fine, but where there are kids...No Way! Off my soapbox
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

    Member of MiceChat Gold!

    Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

    Dreaming of Pirates!

    Still waiting to go to my first meet






  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Dress Code?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    One time at Auto there was this 11ish looking boy going through our line with a shirt that said "******* you!" but remove the asterisks. The lead asked him where his parents were so he could talk to them. I was at the entrance and his parents were standing near me. The lead comes out and asked the parents to have the boy turn his shirt inside out for the rest of the day because it was offensive to others. The father said and I quote "If I have one more f-ing worker telling me to turn his shirt inside out I am going to lay the smackdown on them." What classy people they were indeed.
    In that situation I would have summoned Security to deal with that and cautioned the Guest that his behavior could get him evicted from the park and arrested if the threat was carried out.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Club 33 Dress Code
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 09:52 AM
  2. [Question] Dress code
    By katy621 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
  3. Dress code for California Grill
    By anaheimgirl79 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 05:01 AM
  4. What is the Downtown Disney dress code?
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
  5. Did Disneyland loosen the dress code?
    By ExJungleSkipper95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •