Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Ooh boy!

Re: Be The Imagineer: Design The Ride

I'd love an E-ticket based on Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ho boy, where do I even start?

THE ROCKETEER ADVENTURE
    Being a fan of the film, I've always wanted a roller coaster that allowed you to fly like the Rocketeer. Now with coaster technology, it's actually DOABLE (see tatsu at six flags, and stealth up in norcal).

The vehicles: Sit in a chair with shoulder restraints in a row of four. Maybe sixteen people per vehicle. The seats then lie backwards as you are now parallel with the track (on your back). The backs of the train behind you resemble the rocket packs. Speakers are on each seat for some onboard sound effects (the sound of the jet pack, etc)

The queue: Wandering through the airplane hangar, you read on newspaper clippings that the Rocketeer is back (the rocket pack was destroyed in the film) framed on the wall. You also hear some popular tunes from a jukebox nearby. A plane belonging to Cliff Secord is just around the corner.

As you near the load station, you hear a radio news flash report that the gangster thugs are at it again, stealing millions worth in jewels (or whatever). They're calling for the Rocketeer for immediate help.

The ride: The ride begins as you travel (on your back) around the corner. You go up a lift track and stop when you're completely perpendicular to the ground (standing straight up). An animatronic of your pal Peabody (alan arkin) gives you a funny or serious comment (different everytime). "you look like a hood ornament"

At that point you launch straight up (like the maliboomer) and continue on your journey through the clouds as your vehicle eventually turns towards the ground as you fly like the rocketeer on a thrilling coaster journey.

You fly through 40's hollywood between buildings, chasing cars, and witness thugs firing at you with dazzling visual effects and sound. The bullets seem to miss you as you fly by. Eventually the chase comes to an end and the finale shows the thugs being cuffed by the cops.

You saved the day! Another radio report can be heard as you exit, detailing the daring and courageous adventure that you just experienced. Purchase your picture from the ride, resembling the front page of a newspaper with the headline "rocketeer saves day" or something like that.

This is something I would have liked to have seen in Condor Flats or in a Hollywood District area.
    How about adding an exploding zeppelin in there at the end, maybe flying through the aftermath of the disaster, prevailing as the hero with your radio idea. What a about a scene from the South Seas club with Neville Sinclair?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    You know where we can see pics and videos?
    Well there's a lot on Youtube (just search for Europa park). But I've just spent a while trying to find it with no luck. I could be getting confused (I've seen a lot of theme parks) and it might be somewhere else I'm thinking of.

The thing is, because it's so enclosed it doesn't have to be fast.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yeah, I looked through youtube as well. Which is why I asked

"So enclosed it doesn't have to be fast" Hmmm... I really want to see a video!! HAHA

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Best idea yet. This would make a great dark ride / coaster combination, something like the one in Europa Park (Germany). It's a sit in suspended coaster that flies through a house set. Because the walls seem so close it feels VERY fast and frantic

Thanks! Yah totally. I always thought that the Batman ride at Six Flags was a wasted opportunity to fly through the streets of Gotham. Even 'ninja' seemed faster because you were dodging collumns holding the track up.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    How about adding an exploding zeppelin in there at the end, maybe flying through the aftermath of the disaster, prevailing as the hero with your radio idea. What a about a scene from the South Seas club with Neville Sinclair?
    I always envisioned the ride to take place after the first film (so no Neville Sinclair... plus they'd have to pay him royalties to appear wouldn't they?) But I've always wanted a South Seas Club restaurant at a Disney park too! (thanks for reminding me!)

Just more reason for them to jettison the "backlot" concept and just make it a straight up Hollywoodland already!

Ok, more ideas to come. I'm just getting warmed up!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

I have this great idea for a park:

A park that takes the great ideas from movies, the beautiful forests and mountainsides, and the beach into one park that idealizes California...oh wait.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

PROJECT ORION:

WHAT: A multifaceted attraction featuring a spaceplane ride into Earth Orbit followed by a guided tour thru an Intersteller Spaceship.

WHERE: The queue would be where the Star Tours queue is now. The first portion of the attraction(spaceplane ride) would be on re-done Starspeeder 3000's; "windows" would be added to the side doors for a more airliner type look. The flight from Earth to the orbiting Intersteller Spaceship will feature a slow circle tour of the Spaceship's exterior before docking.

After docking visitors will board trackless(think Pooh ride in Tokyo), robotic guided cars which will take visitors on a tour thru out the ship....highlights include the ships Engineering level, science deck, galley, and crew quarters. (This portion of the attraction will use the area now known as the upper floor of the Starcade)

(The final part of the attraction will take place in what is now the Magic Eye theater)
    The tour will end on the bridge just in time to see the Captain conduct a test of the ships nuclear pusher place---uh, oh! A small crack in the plate has been detected and all visitors must leave the ship immediately---via emergency escape pods. These pods will dock in low Earth orbit with a passing Spacestation/gift shop

From wikipedia.

ALSO: The Red Rockets Rest. will be completely remodeled to resemble a rotating diner in low Earth Orbit. Private booths will each have a nice view of Earth, every 8 minutes or so as it looms large in the diners windows.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Woah! Thats some great ideas! I would really love a Mulan themed dark ride with the original Soundtrack.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanSWE View Post
    Woah! Thats some great ideas! I would really love a Mulan themed dark ride with the original Soundtrack.

That sounds great and I would totally ride that... but where would it go? Definitely wouldn't go in DCA. Would it be something in EPCOT?

And would be riding in rickshaws (hey, they're in the movie!)

I have another pitch and this would be a groaner to some of yas because it's another mountain... but here it is!

FIRE MOUNTAIN!

I Know a lot of this will sound very similar to japan's JOURNEY INTO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH but i wrote all this down before I even seen images or read about it!

WHAT: The volcano at whichever disney park has been a dormant volcano for years. Two brothers discovered the mountain and decided to sell tours within for profit gains.

You board a mine car train to see the amazing caverns with an onboard pre-recorded tour with descriptions of what you see (several various recordings possible).

The ride is pleasant until you come to a faux sculpture of Pele, the volcano goddess in Hawaiian folklore. The train comes to a stop as you experience an earthquake. The sculpture of Pele breaks open as a rush of lava comes forth (orange water). Perhaps the volano isn't dormant after all!

At that moment, the track underneath breaks free and shifts with your train still on it. You are now a part of a different track that goes... backwards.

You careen through the mountain backwards with fire and lava crashing all around you until you slow to a stop... but it's only a Y switch track, so you go forward again traveling through the rest of the mountain facing forwards. You escape in the nick of time and exit the ride to safety.

The Queue: The queue through the volcano shows a history of the volcano as well as background info about the supposed founders.

Small groups then board elevators that take you deep down below, but it actually only takes you one or two floors down, but made to feel like you went down much further.

Alright, so maybe that wasn't the best idea for Fire Mountain. Someone else can take a stab at it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Actually, I thought about bringing Alien Encounter back with a bit of a twist.

I have no idea where the space would be to build it.

But, instead of using the theatre, why not use seats from the theatre of Universe of Energy? Stadium-reshaped, of course.

And you don't know they are mobile. When the beastie escapes, we'd have to make them somehow move faster, they angle and drop you--backwards down a shaft for safety reasons. The shaft would be angled, to make it different from ToT

Of course, this would the tunnel, empty, above you, where said monster comes running down at you at full speed. Hissing and grabbing at your vehicle. You hit the bottom of the shaft and shields come up, but they are no use and, and....sorry blue sky imagining.

This way, the size requirements would keep those kiddies OFF the ride and complaints would be lessened.

How's about a dark ride of the Black Cauldron?

The Western River Expedition needs to be done in DCA! Just do it! Somewhere!

And in the Japan Pavilion in Epcot, I thought it would be fun to do something like "Kongfrontation" from USF, but use Godzilla. Flames and the whole bit!

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Journey to the center of the earth use a ride system similar to IJ

This wouldn't be for Disneyland, it would be for Epcot at DisneyWorld (i've also posted this idea elsewhere).

A complete refurb of the imagination pavillion to celebrate the imagineers. It would be a Figment and Dreamfinder Guided Tour of former Blue Sky Ideas, and at the end of the attraction, it becomes a chose your own adventure where you can chose which of the three attractions you want to sample in a Horizons-style Virtual Reality ride through.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That sounds great and I would totally ride that... but where would it go? Definitely wouldn't go in DCA. Would it be something in EPCOT?

And would be riding in rickshaws (hey, they're in the movie!)

I have another pitch and this would be a groaner to some of yas because it's another mountain... but here it is!

FIRE MOUNTAIN!

I Know a lot of this will sound very similar to japan's JOURNEY INTO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH but i wrote all this down before I even seen images or read about it!

WHAT: The volcano at whichever disney park has been a dormant volcano for years. Two brothers discovered the mountain and decided to sell tours within for profit gains.

You board a mine car train to see the amazing caverns with an onboard pre-recorded tour with descriptions of what you see (several various recordings possible).

The ride is pleasant until you come to a faux sculpture of Pele, the volcano goddess in Hawaiian folklore. The train comes to a stop as you experience an earthquake. The sculpture of Pele breaks open as a rush of lava comes forth (orange water). Perhaps the volano isn't dormant after all!

At that moment, the track underneath breaks free and shifts with your train still on it. You are now a part of a different track that goes... backwards.

You careen through the mountain backwards with fire and lava crashing all around you until you slow to a stop... but it's only a Y switch track, so you go forward again traveling through the rest of the mountain facing forwards. You escape in the nick of time and exit the ride to safety.

The Queue: The queue through the volcano shows a history of the volcano as well as background info about the supposed founders.

Small groups then board elevators that take you deep down below, but it actually only takes you one or two floors down, but made to feel like you went down much further.

Alright, so maybe that wasn't the best idea for Fire Mountain. Someone else can take a stab at it!
    Woah! That sounds awesome! I would totally love that ride..!

For the Mulan ride i would maybe start it of in a chinese garden at night and you could only see small chinese lanterns lighting up a small pond and you can see mulans parents shadows and you could hear them say something like "Im worried about Mulan" and then the ride vehicle would continue into the camp where you can see Shang shooting the arrow to the top of the giant pole and everyone looking at the arrow in amazement..
    Then on to "A girl worth fighting for" scene where Chien Po, Yao and Ling is standing and sorta dancing with mulan between then.. Then the riders continue onto the big mountain fight seeing all Shan-Yu's soldiers approaching them on the top of the hill and the ride vehicle continue backwards at the sametime as a mulan audioanimatronic is litten up and shows her shooting the rocket for the avalanche.. The vehicle starts to shake to simulate the avalanche. Next you see the emperors palace and the emperor standing on the top of the stairs seeing the crowd underneath and welcoming China's people into his palace sortof. And you ride through the palace doors into the palace seeing mushu with the lucky cricket telling Mulan to run. Suddenly Shan-Yu crashes in from a wall and all his soldiers too. The vehicle goes up a stair to the roof seeing Mulan ducking for the rocket mushu is shooting. Going into the next scene you see the whole people of China bow for Mulan, including the emperor, and you go out of the palace door into a dark tunnel and you arrive inside Mulans garden at day. With her mother, father and grandma standing at the doorway seeing Mulan and Shang kissing eachother.. Could be a bit more detailed but im in a hurry.. :P

• Grim Grinning Ghost

Four words.........."Night On Bald Mountain!"
    They could put it either where the skyway building in fantasyland and backstage area right near there, or where the fantasyland theatre is (if they ever decide to scrap it). They could also incorporate other disney villians into it if they wanted. It would be along the lines of other fantasyland dark rides but with a little more excitement like HM, Roger Rabbit, Indy. I guarantee if they did this right it would be a huge success. So many people say they want a land, ride, etc. dedicated to the numerous Disney villians, this would give that chance to showcase some the forgotten and under appreciated classic disney villians and even give them the chance to incorporate some of the newer ones too. Just an idea, let me know whatcha think!-

Some of these aren't exactly original ideas. Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain were ideas originally designed for the 20,000 Leagues area in WDW's Magic Kingdom. Imagineering developed two teams to come up with replacement attractions for that area. One was to be Jules Verne related, the other was to be related more to Disney characters in fantasy land. The two groups didn't know about each other and they came up with ideas that were both going to be green lit, but as the almighty dollar often dictates, neither made the cut.

After disney management approved of both ideas, it was decided that Fire Mountain was going to go to Adventureland, it was going to be a morphing coaster (regular coaster morphs to inverted) based on the new release Atlantis and the finale of the ride was going to be something to do with an erupting volcano, either the guests emerging from it, or the volcano erupting around you.

Bald Mountain was going to be the centerpiece attraction in the Dark side of fantasyland, it was meant to be a flume ride where all the disney villains are gathering together to determine who the worst villain is. The villains spot your boat and the ride is basically you getting chased around the mountain by the villains.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast