Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Be The Imagineer: Design The Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxNo1 View Post
    Some of these aren't exactly original ideas. Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain were ideas originally designed for the 20,000 Leagues area in WDW's Magic Kingdom. Imagineering developed two teams to come up with replacement attractions for that area. One was to be Jules Verne related, the other was to be related more to Disney characters in fantasy land. The two groups didn't know about each other and they came up with ideas that were both going to be green lit, but as the almighty dollar often dictates, neither made the cut.

After disney management approved of both ideas, it was decided that Fire Mountain was going to go to Adventureland, it was going to be a morphing coaster (regular coaster morphs to inverted) based on the new release Atlantis and the finale of the ride was going to be something to do with an erupting volcano, either the guests emerging from it, or the volcano erupting around you.

Bald Mountain was going to be the centerpiece attraction in the Dark side of fantasyland, it was meant to be a flume ride where all the disney villains are gathering together to determine who the worst villain is. The villains spot your boat and the ride is basically you getting chased around the mountain by the villains.

Actually, my Fire Mountain, though not original by name, is my own idea that I made in class seven years ago. I don't work at WDI or know what they were up to but obviously their Fire Mountain idea, based on Atlantis did not succeed.

But in class, my volcano ride was called something else. I renamed it Fire Mountain for this thread.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I think that Frontierland could use a new ride. I always thought Frontierland could use a new ride, because it really only has one ride, even though it takes up about 1/4 of the park. (Note: I am not including the Mark Twain or Columbia as rides because they take up the same space and see the same things that you see by riding the canoes, the rafts or looking at the river by the shore of New Orleans Square or Tom Sawyer's Island.)

So here is my idea, create a new ride NOT BASED ON A MOVIE. (Key words here.) I don't know what you would call it, but it would be similar to The Grand Canyon Diorama, Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion. The ride idea is that you are a family who decides to travel to the west via "covered wagon." to start a new life on the Frontier.

First, the queue: Where to put it? I was thinking that they sould put the queue entrance near where Big Thunder lets out. I believe there is a little area over there where there really is nothing, just a little bit of scenery. The queue would then lead north between Big Thunder Ranch and the River's of America and finally go under the Berm to where the ride building would be.

Ideas for the queue: The beginning could sort of be like a trading outpost where you get supplies for the journey ahead of you. During the queue you could have a spot where there are audio-animatronic oxen, or an audio-anamotronic Indian or Cowboy who would explain the backstory and say: "Please keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle while the ride is moving." and then repeat it in Spanish.

The ride would take up the area that is now the ranch where they keep the Horses, so that COULD be a problem, but I do know that Disney does own quite a few parking lots around the area, and could move some of their backstage stuff across from Harbor, north of the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

The vehicles would be shaped like a covered wagon, but without the cover to provide the guests with a wider field of vision. A unique thing would be that half of the riders on one "wagon" would be facing backwards. Rows 1 and 3 would be facing forward, while 2 and 4 would be facing backwards.

The ride would start out very slowly, passing animals and countryside. Which is where it is like the Grand Canyon Diorama. One effect that I think would be awesome in this area would be to have a galloping horse, I am not sure if would be able to create it by audio-animatronic, but it would be awesome.

Then, after about two minutes after you leave the station, a heat wave hits. The scenery would look like desert and would use the same effect used in Mr. Toad's version of Hell. This would last only a few seconds, because after this, you would come across a river.

After coming to the river, you would ride by it for awhile, seeing Indians and other settlers washing clothes or catching fish. Then, you would try to ford the river, The wagon would act like the river was to deep or to rough and then rock to and fro while you are right above the sloshing water.

You would cross a river and then come to a scene where you are being ambushed by a group of Indians, this would use the same effects as the dart room in Indiana Jones.

Then, you would have to come down from the mountains to reach the Frontier town, but as you descend the "mountain" the wagon would "slip" and begin the finale, a nice little roller coaster section, even though you would only go about 15 mph at the most.

After this, the audio-animatronic frontier'smen would greet you, and you would exit and the wagons would move on to the loading area.

How about that for a big, new ride not based on a movie?

• Minion

I'm thinking of a Frontierland ride called Mesa Canyon where you are plummeting down the walls of the canyon with all sorts of things like boulders rolling your way.Your goal is to get to send your delivery because you work for Wells Fargo. You get chased through a valley by bad cowboys and many other things happen.
    The daydream princess

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

im still working on my disneyland ride ideas...im trying to make a model of it too

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Inhospitable about happy

It's odd that Mary Poppins, considered one of Disney's all-time masterpieces by virtually everyone, has never established a real presence at DL.

A Peter-Pan type of dark ride (suspended vehicles), with swooping around rooftops among chimney sweeps, and swirling around at an "I love to laugh" tea party (with the actual room revolving to give the impression of spinning upside down). There are plenty of scenes in the movie that would be fun to actually penetrate in a ride vehicle.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I personally have many ideas I'm working on. Suffice to say they all pretty much include the scrapping of Toontown (yuck), the Fantasyland Theater and BTR. One of them would require a complete re-working of Fantasyland, with a partial of Frontierland, mainly an expansion (which not much thought has gone into. i'm more obsessed with ditching the very poorly done Toontown ). Essentially (thanks go to Google Earth for giving appropriate size estimates for the project), the main dark-ride area currently in existence will only have two rides in it- Pinocchio and Snow White. Peter Pan and Mr. Toad will be moved to a new 'expansion' where FLT and TT are currently located.

Redo the whole theme of "old-world", to 'old-world' feel, but waaayyy more fanciful, so that the Matterhorn and esp. Small World don't feel so out of place. 'Alice' is so great the way it is, I don't see much need for it to be completely redone (any ideas for it are more-than-welcome). All of the other current dark rides would be redone to be multi-level, which I believe is the main reason why 'Alice' and 'Peter' are so much greater than Snow White and, especially, Pinocchio (has 'meh' written all over it). Longer ride times and bigger show areas for each ride would allow for more and bigger cars, making for a higher capacity.

Anyways, I have to go to bed now (starting work at 7 has it benefits, but more so, it's drawbacks :P). I'll post more, hopefully, tomorrow, if not then, Thursday. Interested? Please let me know. And in case you're wondering, my job doesn't require much, if any, thought process- allowing me so much time to contemplate new improvements and ideas, like the 75th Castle redo and an all new ToT system that would rock the socks off even the worst adrenaline junkie
    Last edited by dland_lover; 03-27-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: one paragraph bad! need fix!! :)

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DaAlCh View Post
    I think that Frontierland could use a new ride. I always thought Frontierland could use a new ride, because it really only has one ride, even though it takes up about 1/4 of the park. (Note: I am not including the Mark Twain or Columbia as rides because they take up the same space and see the same things that you see by riding the canoes, the rafts or looking at the river by the shore of New Orleans Square or Tom Sawyer's Island.)

So here is my idea, create a new ride NOT BASED ON A MOVIE. (Key words here.) I don't know what you would call it, but it would be similar to The Grand Canyon Diorama, Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mansion. The ride idea is that you are a family who decides to travel to the west via "covered wagon." to start a new life on the Frontier.

First, the queue: Where to put it? I was thinking that they sould put the queue entrance near where Big Thunder lets out. I believe there is a little area over there where there really is nothing, just a little bit of scenery. The queue would then lead north between Big Thunder Ranch and the River's of America and finally go under the Berm to where the ride building would be.

Ideas for the queue: The beginning could sort of be like a trading outpost where you get supplies for the journey ahead of you. During the queue you could have a spot where there are audio-animatronic oxen, or an audio-anamotronic Indian or Cowboy who would explain the backstory and say: "Please keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle while the ride is moving." and then repeat it in Spanish.

The ride would take up the area that is now the ranch where they keep the Horses, so that COULD be a problem, but I do know that Disney does own quite a few parking lots around the area, and could move some of their backstage stuff across from Harbor, north of the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

The vehicles would be shaped like a covered wagon, but without the cover to provide the guests with a wider field of vision. A unique thing would be that half of the riders on one "wagon" would be facing backwards. Rows 1 and 3 would be facing forward, while 2 and 4 would be facing backwards.

The ride would start out very slowly, passing animals and countryside. Which is where it is like the Grand Canyon Diorama. One effect that I think would be awesome in this area would be to have a galloping horse, I am not sure if would be able to create it by audio-animatronic, but it would be awesome.

Then, after about two minutes after you leave the station, a heat wave hits. The scenery would look like desert and would use the same effect used in Mr. Toad's version of Hell. This would last only a few seconds, because after this, you would come across a river.

After coming to the river, you would ride by it for awhile, seeing Indians and other settlers washing clothes or catching fish. Then, you would try to ford the river, The wagon would act like the river was to deep or to rough and then rock to and fro while you are right above the sloshing water.

You would cross a river and then come to a scene where you are being ambushed by a group of Indians, this would use the same effects as the dart room in Indiana Jones.

Then, you would have to come down from the mountains to reach the Frontier town, but as you descend the "mountain" the wagon would "slip" and begin the finale, a nice little roller coaster section, even though you would only go about 15 mph at the most.

After this, the audio-animatronic frontier'smen would greet you, and you would exit and the wagons would move on to the loading area.

How about that for a big, new ride not based on a movie?

I like it! And definitely similar to something that's been going on in my head as well. I always sorta regretted not being alive to see Nature's Wonderland train ride and I would love to see something like that brought back.... but without the train.

I like the wagon idea but I probably wouldn't have people face backwards, only for the sole purpose of keeping everyone focused on the show ahead rather than the show that just passed. (i just think of the casey jr. and the caboose... not as fun as it sounds)

• Helmsdad

Scrap toon town and make it

CARsTOON Town

It would be nice to have a race car ride like star tours only with a virtual NASCAR track. With Lightning McQueen racing the "King" etc. It would need to put you right on the track and "right in the race". With Pure sppeeeeedd.

They could even throw "Mater" in there somewhere going backwards!

Did I just say that?

• Someone's excited!

Great ideas! Keep 'em coming. I'm going to think of some ideas for the DLR. But for now here are some::::

Walt Disney's Train Shop
    This shop would be devoted to trains in Walt's honor. It would have electric trains running around the shop. It would also sell electric train sets and accesories. It would be full of displays for Walt Disney and Disney veterans. They would sell books about Walt and Disney in general. Tons of pictures on the wall. So basically, it will be a Disney history shop with Walt's love of trains incorparated into it.

Mary Poppins Dark Ride
    We need one!

OR

BLUE SKY:
    Mary Poppins Play Area
    It could go in the old MBC area. Of course the monorail is going through there and it's kind of considered as Tomorrowland so maybe it wouldn't work.

Themed Parking
    Each parking lot should be themed to all the different lands in DL. The parking now just doesn't have a pattern. The character thing is cool but this would be better. It would also serve as a better transition from the real world to DL.

Prince and Princess Show
    Featuring each of the Disney Prince and Princess stories. They would all meet and fight against something evil together. It would be cool if they could do it on the castle but the perspective would be weird for guests.

So what do you guys think? I have more that I'll post later. I haven't really put alot of thought into these yet but I'll do that and repost them.
    Last edited by mini_imagineer; 04-01-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Adding ideas!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

I have several other ideas, but because I didn't have room in my last post:

Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride: This would not be a Dumbo knockoff. I was thinking that you may be able to put in an inverted rollercoaster in Adventureland. It wouldn't really be a thrill ride, but an interesting way to see adventureland.

The cars would be shaped like carpets, but only on the outside, on the inside you would have regular seats and such. Along the way, the carpets would enter a newly made second-story of adventureland. Inside this would be scenes from the movie and would almost be like a little dark ride before going out into Adventureland again.

Fantasyland Expansion

The main bulk of this would be adding a second story to main Fantasyland plaze. Sleeping Beauty Castle would be given an update where it would have stairs and an elevator to reach the second story of the "castle" Note: The second story would actually be above Peter Pan, and Snow White etc.

Walkways from the castle would give acess to the east and west portions of the expansion.

On the west side:

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride. No explanation, a regular dark ride.

In the castle itself:

New Sleeping Beauty Diorama and The Queen's Hall, where you would meet Sleeping Beauty on her throne.

On the east side:

Royal Court: A large resturaunt, it would give off the same feeling as being in the resturaunt at WDW, a part of it would have outdoor seating that would view the parade route, and outdoor seating viewing Fantasyland.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Mine would be really easy because there is a track already installed for it.

YOu see, you get these little cars - 4 to a 'squad' and you put them on these tracks in Tomorrowland - these tracks are up in the air and you get a higher view, and a relaxing view of Tomorrowland, etc.

It's a wild concept I know, but I have this idea to call it something like, oh, um, the PeopleMover!

Just an idea? Whaddaya all think?

• Life in the Fastpass Lane

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    Scrap toon town and make it

CARsTOON Town

It would be nice to have a race car ride like star tours only with a virtual NASCAR track. With Lightning McQueen racing the "King" etc. It would need to put you right on the track and "right in the race". With Pure sppeeeeedd.

They could even throw "Mater" in there somewhere going backwards!

CARS - Dirt Track
    Just got a vision of WDW's "Test Track" ... only it's a story from CARS - instead of testing the braking, etc., Lightning McQueen has to endure paving a road and other story elements ... then, Lightning takes a successful run around the "dirt track".

Anyone care to elaborate/expand on this idea?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DaAlCh View Post
    I have several other ideas, but because I didn't have room in my last post:

Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride: This would not be a Dumbo knockoff. I was thinking that you may be able to put in an inverted rollercoaster in Adventureland. It wouldn't really be a thrill ride, but an interesting way to see adventureland.

The cars would be shaped like carpets, but only on the outside, on the inside you would have regular seats and such. Along the way, the carpets would enter a newly made second-story of adventureland. Inside this would be scenes from the movie and would almost be like a little dark ride before going out into Adventureland again.

Hmmm... Something about that idea bothers me a tad, Kind of like the way the Dumbo Magic Carpets does at WDW. What bothers me is that it would destroy the wonderful theming that is Adventureland and turn it into something you'd see at Six Flags... even if it were a slow ride.

How about... take your idea of magic carpets, but make it indoors instead. How about...

THE CAVE OF WONDERS

Imagine the entrance to the queue to be that Tiger head with glowing eyes. An occasional voice beckons you to come in... IF you are worthy. IF you are the diamond in the rough. You venture through the mouth and deeper into the cave that is filled with wonderous treasures. Imagine a queue line similar to Indiana Jones, but instead of stalagmites, it's piles of gold and treasures all around you.

You finally board your magic carpet coaster ride. You turn a corner and come into a dark cavern. In front of you is an animatronic Abu about to steal that huge gem. You hear Aladdin cry "abu... NO!!" Rumble shakes the room and rocks begin to fall around you as your train races ahead and through the cave of wonders filled with near misses.

Towards the end of the ride, the genie pops in and grants you a safe passage where you exit the ride into well... a shop. hehe.

So well.. there's another coaster for you guys. I know I know... it's all I've been offering. But it seriously is the easiest thing to conjure up.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Before I head off to work, I just wanted to let you guys know why I'm motivated about my plan. I realize what we have was done by Walt and the really have not changed, except with the addition of Pinocchio. Some people like it that way- they don't like change. Well, me neither. But- what we have... was great for 1955. Things really need to be brought up to speed and in line with current technologies. All I'm envisioning is a relocation and expansion of the rides, to make them even better than they are now. Even using LIMs to power them, so they don't make that annoying buzzing/humming noise all through the ride. I'm also proposing making the theme of the land more fantasy-like, taking us farther away from our real lives. I just wanted to let you guys know what my motivations were and maybe you guys will see that what we need is not just a new ride, but a new and updated experience. I mean no harm to Disneyland. As a matter of fact, I don't know, personally (and neither do my friends and family), of anyone tat loves Disneyland more. I even love "it's a small world" I hope I offended no one and that maybe we can get some serious collaboration going to push the park even further into imagination. I'll be back this afternoon with a revision to my plan that I came up with before. See ya.

Rockin' Haunted Mansion Featuring Meatloaf

Replace Candle in the Hallway with a Goul on a Motorcycle coming out of the pit of hell.

Thumping bass subwoofers on every doom buggie.

Replace shadow ghost on Organ in Ballroom with Grand Piano with ghostly Meatloaf AA.

Grim Grinning Ghosts theme replaced with Wasted Youth Monologue:

I remember everything!
    I remember everything little thing, as if it happened yesterday
    I was barely seventeen, and I once killed a boy with a fender guitar
    I dont remember if it was a telecaster or a stratocaster
    But I do remember that it had a heart of chrome, and a voice like a h**** angel
    I dont remember if it was a telecaster or a stratocaster
    But I do remember that it wasnt at all easy

It required the perfect combanation of the right power chords
    And the percise angle from which to strike!

The guitar bled for about a week afterwords
    And the blood was zoot, dark and rich, like wild berrys
    The blood of the guitar was chuck berry red
    The guitar bled for about a week afterwords
    But it rung out beautifly
    And I was able to play notes that I had never even heard before

So I took my guitar
    And I smashed it aganist the wall
    I smashed it aganist the floor
    I smashed it aganist the body of a varisty cheerleader
    Smashed it aganist the hood of a car
    Smasned it aganist a 1981 harley-davaidson
    The harley howled in pain
    The guitar howled in heat

And I ran up the stairs to my parents bedroom
    Mommy and daddy were sleeping in the moonlight
    Slowly I opened the door
    Creeping in the shadows right up to the foot of their bed
    I raised the guitar high above my head
    And just as I was about to bring the guitar crashing down upon the center of the bed
    My father woke up, screaming stop!
    Wait a minute. stop it boy. what do you think your doing?
    Thats no way to treat an expensive musical instrument
    And I said, God damn it daddy,
    You know I love you, but youve got a hell of a lot to learn about rock n roll

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast