• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Question A few New TL Questions

I have a few questions about our newest Tomorrowland. Hope you guys don't mind...

1. How far is the painting on the Peoplemover track? Last I saw, they had painted the part where it enters Innoventions silver.

2. Is Autopia painted at all to match the new scheme yet?

3. When do the rocks go away?

4. Any Nemo stuff visible in the Sub Lagoon yet?

5. Is Astro Orbiter getting a new redo to match the land?

6. Finally (lol), is HISTA going to be painted white to match the rest?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    I have a few questions about our newest Tomorrowland. Hope you guys don't mind...

1. How far is the painting on the Peoplemover track? Last I saw, they had painted the part where it enters Innoventions silver.

1. don't know
    2. no
    3. don't know
    4. no
    5. don't know
    6. no

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Astro Orbiter is supposedly going to return to its perch at Rocket Tower Plaza, so the current version will not get a redo--it will likely just get removed around 2007 (I assume they won't start all of the TL changes until after the 50th, unless they can speedily get it done b/t September and late November of this year (which I highly doubt...it seems to me it will take at least a year).

Everything will eventually match the new theme of the area, but the rest of the painting will likely wait until at least this fall. The rocks, however, may go away sooner rather than later.......
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005

I'm sure someone here has more definative answers that mine, but here's a go:

1. When we were there about three weeks ago, it appeared that the track was completely painted. Oddly, there were a couple of small places where the paint was peeling. Perhaps a bad surface underneath.

2. The Autopia boarding area still had the old TL98 color scheme and stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm guessing this will eventually be painted to match the new colors, but they ran out of time before the May 5th kickoff.

3. I don't think a timetable has been set. Again... this is a guess, but I think they may wait until the 50th Celebration is over before they start any major construction projects and begin to litter the land with tarps, screens and walls.

4. Al Lutz has some very recent and very good pictures of the submarine lagoon in his latest report. The pics are here http://miceage.com/allutz/a060705c.htm

5. The word is: Matt Ouimet wants the Rocket Jets back up in the sky where they used to be. Actually, the old Rocket Jets mechanism never moved. The rockets were removed and it was converted into the Observatron. The Astro Orbiter is an entirely different machine. It will be interesting to see if they convert the Observatron back into the Rocket Jets or move the Astro Orbiters up to the top. One way or the other, the Astro Orbitor will be removed from its current position and they will have an "extra" mechanism. The Observatron will disappear.

6. Don't know. It would seem likely that eventually, Tomorrowland will have a unified color scheme.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

It's good that the Peoplemover track is done! The silver looks stunning as far as I have seen it.

As for paint, I wouldn't mind them keeping just a little bit of the gold paint, but not as much as is at the Autopia.

• Where's my other cent?

Al said in one of his most recent posts that the rocks would be removed in September.

• Banned User

The rocks would not be so bad, if that type of look had been carried out throughout the entire land. Yes, they did the ugly brown colors in the whole land, but they didn't do more of the rock formations. Consistency would have helped it look less ugly...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    The Rocket Jets won't be returning in their old form (nor should they...I don't think they fit the newly emerging theme), as they have been sold in pieces on eBay. It will likely be a brand new ride, though I would expect them to keep the Astro Orbiter name (which I like...the brown is ugly, but I like the name). I'm thinking they will make the planets more earth colored (i.e. blue) and it would fit very nicely.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    The Rocket Jets won't be returning in their old form (nor should they...I don't think they fit the newly emerging theme), as they have been sold in pieces on eBay. It will likely be a brand new ride, though I would expect them to keep the Astro Orbiter name (which I like...the brown is ugly, but I like the name). I'm thinking they will make the planets more earth colored (i.e. blue) and it would fit very nicely.
    Just as long as they don't become "Buzz Lightyear's Rocket Jets!"

(...ok, now that I've said it, they can't do it.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Beside Autopia, the Tomorrowland Terrace building/canopy still needs new paint too (deperately), as does the Star Tours show building and spires (the ones that show above and back from the facade a ways).