Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Bringing test track to Disneyland

Okay so I've mentioned this in threads before, but is it seriously feasible concept?

Start off by gutting Innoventions.

Expand the PM/RR track about 2 feet on each side (major cost worthy refurb$$)

I've never actually been on test track, but it shows in the begining that you are going up / down an incline, perfect....the Innoventions building is two stories and this could all take place in there. Instead of having all the "show" inside this building, move some of the "show" into the Buzz building and Star Tours building.

Is this possible?

It could also be that I loathe Innoventions and would like to see it gone, either way it's an Idea...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Bringing test track to Disneyland

Our Test Track is going to DCA for The Cars attraction that is hopefully coming. I believe.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm all for a new attraction in place of Innoventions, but Test Track as a concept is not futuristic enough for me to fully embrace. And it's also too similar to the Autopia right next door.

It's been YEARS since I've been to EPCOT but I remember that show building being MASSIVE. I don't think Innoventions is large enough to house this attraction.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• :)

No! You're supposed to agree with me, so than TDA can read this and than consider the destruction of Innoventions.

• Minion

Test Track is not a great ride. The one exterior burst of speed is very short, and the preceeding test course is rather dull. I hope Cars takes a far more interesting turn if and when it materializes.

Blog Entries

I finally rode Test Track for the first time Saturday. It's always been broken everytime I've been before. Count me as severely underwhelmed. You'd do better to get Mission Space than Test Track. First, even though it was running, it was still broken. None of the in car audio or video was working so I didn't get the full effect of the ride. Maybe it would have been better had I had that. I was just bored for the whole ride.

Mission Space however suprised me. I did the green version since I can't do spinning and it was actually very very fun. It had a good story and was overall a very fun ride.

• Minion

>>None of the in car audio or video was working so I didn't get the full effect of the ride. Maybe it would have been better had I had that. <<

Doesn't help.

• 88 mph

I think there isn't enough space for any big project possible for Tomorrowland. Yeah. Bring it to DCA. They really need the help.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Mousketeer

All for replacing innoventions. but please don't clone a mediocre ride in that space.

That is why people pine for the peoplemover, CBJ and motorboat cruise. they took out a good ride for a lesser or no ride.

• Banned User

I liked test track, it was fun and different. But if we are going to take something from WDW I say we bring over Mission Space, that ride was very fun.
    Just as long as innoventions gets out of Disneyland!

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Peglegin98 View Post
    I liked test track, it was fun and different. But if we are going to take something from WDW I say we bring over Mission Space, that ride was very fun.
    Just as long as innoventions gets out of Disneyland!
    Maybe its just me that doesn't get it, but I've always wondered why people liked Mission Space so much. I admit the first time was a blast, but the re-ride value for me for that ride is low. And when I went to Epcot , the line for Mission Space was 30mins for Orange, 5 for green. Test Track was 55, Nemo was 45, and living with the land was 50.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Maybe its just me that doesn't get it, but I've always wondered why people liked Mission Space so much. I admit the first time was a blast, but the re-ride value for me for that ride is low. And when I went to Epcot , the line for Mission Space was 30mins for Orange, 5 for green. Test Track was 55, Nemo was 45, and living with the land was 50.

I wouldn't use wait times on those particular rides for comparison as much. Mission:Space is an 'extreme' thrill ride for those in good health and of a certain age and height requirement. On top of that, it has the stigma of inducing nausea and even killing a boy when he got off the ride (could be health reason).

All the other attractions are safe for all ages... perfect for families that make up the majority at WDW.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I wouldn't use wait times on those particular rides for comparison as much. Mission:Space is an 'extreme' thrill ride for those in good health and of a certain age and height requirement. On top of that, it has the stigma of inducing nausea and even killing a boy when he got off the ride (could be health reason).
    I see what you mean.
    But for me its still the feeling of "I would rather re-ride Star Tours then Mission Space". There are elements in that ride in which would make you ride over and over again and maybe its becuase its based off of Star Wars or maybe its all the details they had done to the ride. But for Mission Space, its not the intensity that scares/bores me, its just the concept.

Same thing for Test Track. Something about it makes it seem more likely to ride it again rather then Mission Space. But of course thats just me.

-Adidas

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If Disneyland is going to pay huge money to bring Test Track here, we'll be sadly disappointed. Test Track is fun, but not something you'd want to come back for or waste a fast pass on.

But bringing it to DCA and changing it to a CARS theme makes a lot more sense. I agree with other posters that Test track has nothing to do with Tomorrow. Please don't steer this thread into the rides in Tomorrowland that are not futuristic, we've explored that in too many thread to count.

Again, I enjoyed Test Track at Epcot, but it will take up a lot of space at our Disneyland where space is a huge issue. Blow up Innoventions, burn HISTA all of that is fine with me. But if you are planning to do those things, you better darn well build something that will be the envy of the other Disney parks.

Chad

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    I see what you mean.
    But for me its still the feeling of "I would rather re-ride Star Tours then Mission Space". There are elements in that ride in which would make you ride over and over again and maybe its becuase its based off of Star Wars or maybe its all the details they had done to the ride. But for Mission Space, its not the intensity that scares/bores me, its just the concept.

Same thing for Test Track. Something about it makes it seem more likely to ride it again rather then Mission Space. But of course thats just me.

Agreed. Although I haven't been on Mission:Space, I can understand that there's something about the majority of WDW attractions with an exception of a select few that just don't hold up well to repeats.

And yah, all things considered, our Tomorrowland has quite a few thrill rides in Space Mountain and Star Tours. I think they need another family ride on par with Haunted Mansion in Innoventions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast