Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Done waiting!!

CPR for Toontown!

When Toontown first opened it was THE place to be if you were a kid. Everything was interactive and there was always something exciting to discover. Over the years though the land has been waaay watered down. From the demise of Goofy's Bounce House to the yesterland-dwelling aquarium gas pumps, to the Jolly Trolley 'statue' the area has gone downhill fast. Some food shops are never open and they even took out the phones by the bathroom! I'm not even gonna start on the whole Chip n Dale area. Anyway, my question is what could Disney do to breathe some life back into the area? The whole concept is still solid but the area's been lawyered to death. There's gotta be some things that WDI could do to make the area a little more timeless and rich. I can just see kids nowadays running to Toontown full of excitement and then stopping by the Jolly Trolley and asking "what's there to do here?"

p.s. Saying "move it to DCA" isn't enough. How would they make it better there and where would they put it?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Minion

Re: CPR for Toontown!

Right off the shelf, Mickey's PhilharMagic (the 3-D film from WDW) could be added to ToonTown.

And I've always wanted to see Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin back there.

Also, a dark ride based on Mickey and the Beanstalk or The Three Caballeros could be visually exciting and fun.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The problem with Toon Town is that the entire land is a 'gimmick'. They need to stop that. They need to treat it like any other land... whether it be a land of tomorrow, a land of the old west, a land of Adventure. And most important of all, treat the land to appeal to all ages and not just the kiddies.

Toon Town just needs the architectural style, but it needs GOOD solid attractions to support it. There's just too many facades and wasted space in Toon Town... especially that chip'n'dale treehouse!

Roger Rabbit is a good start but certainly not enough. Just look at how loved Fantasyland is. It's filled with rides. Now, if they just put a few more dark rides into Toon Town, it'd be a SMASH HIT. And not just any dark ride... really good and inventive ones.

Superstar Limo at DCA died.. not because of the concept but because of execution. Maybe a superstar limo taking you around to see the Disney Characters would be more popular? i certainly think so. And oh yes... joan rivers will NOT be a part of it. (whew)

Toon Town also needs a REAL restaurant. People are making a huge walk down to that back area and if there's no place good to eat, folks aren't gonna stick around. A lot of good ideas have been fed around this site already. Some wanted a House of Mouse place to eat. I was shooting for a Ink & Paint Club. But it doesn't matter what the concept is as long as they get one.

There's ton more ways to do this and I'm tired so I won't bore you all any longer... but have you guys seen the restroom at Goofy's Gas? BOOORING! Sheesh, you'd think they'd at least toon that up too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Another entrance in and out of there to the west would help too...

• Lost in Wonderland

I agree coheteboy those are some awesome ideas. Some good dark rides and a restaurant would do Toontown some wonders!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

There is so much that can be done to ToonTown. Along with Critter Country, it has some issues because it's a dead end, for that reason it doesn't flow as well as the rest of the park, if there's a way to make another entrance great. There does need to be a better food option as well. More and better attractions is the main obvious answer though, Philharmagic would work great if they can get the space worked out. A new innovative dark ride with a Duckburg theme maybe.

Right now though, Tomorrowland is going to get the focus in the Disneyland side of the Esplanade. Once that land gets put back together they can focus elsewhere again.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    A new innovative dark ride with a Duckburg theme maybe.
    Oooh ooh! The above superstar limo in toon town idea... but with Duckworth's limo! Go to Duckberg! Go to St. Canard! Go anywhere!

Maybe toss Gadget's Go Coaster for a new full sized roller coaster with a plane theme called LAUNCHPAD'S CRASH COURSE. Kinda like Goofy's Barnstormer in Magic Kingdom but full sized and constantly dodging toon town landmarks.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I've always wanted to see Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin back there.
    ireally like this idea but how could you make it interactive for the guest?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

sorry for the double but i thought of how they could do it, to appeal to the whole scrouge swimming in his money........turn it into a ball pit! paint all the balls to look like cold coins that way you could act just like scrouge
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Infinitized!

A couple more dark rides. Monster's Inc would've fit better here than DCA. Hollywood Pictures Backlot should've gotten The Great Movie Ride instead.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    sorry for the double but i thought of how they could do it, to appeal to the whole scrouge swimming in his money........turn it into a ball pit! paint all the balls to look like cold coins that way you could act just like scrouge
    Actually, they did that (on a very small scale) during the Disney Afternoon Live! promotion in the early 90's. I think it was somewhere near Videopolis (now the Fantasyland Theatre.) I was such a huge Ducktales fan and I was soooooooooooooo excited to be in Scrooge's Money Bin, even though (as I remember) it was just a little bitty ball pit about the size of the ones at McDonald's.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post

No more ball pits, por favor! The Chip n Dale Treehouse and Acorn Crawl closed for a reason.

• Minion

I can't believe they got rid of the aquarium gas pumps! Tell me, please, that all the doorbells and talking mailboxes and things in Downtown Toontown still work. One of my favorite things as a kid was running around and doing all of those . I waited an hour just to get into Toontown early on (I was 12), and I was not disappointed.

I really love the theming of Toontown, and I'd love more of an excuse to go there. I understand focusing on kids because kids like cartoons, but so do adults! I remember when the theatrical cartoon shorts with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc., were on T.V. several times a day.

I would love to see some rides based on the old cartoon series from the 80's and 90's, but I don't know how many kids today know them (or adults who didn't watch them when they were on). I also wouldn't mind rides based on current cartoons like Kim Possible or American Dragon.

What's funny is that, in David Koenig's "Mouse Under Glass", someone was quotes as saying that Chip n' Dale were only there because of Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, not because of the theatrical shorts, and now I've seen people ask who Gadget of Gadget's Go Coaster is (she was one of the main characters of Rescue Rangers). It always strikes me funny that Disney didn't build a ride for The Little Mermaid, but they build rides for Gadget and Roger Rabbit (I love all three, but I think the Little Mermaid is better known today.)

By the way, what *is* in Chip n' Dale's Treehouse now?

I love the limo idea, and I'd like to see a suspended roller coaster for the beanstalk idea (the coaster cars would be "bean pods" suspended from a "vine").

And they really need to bring back the Jolly Trolley. I don't care if nobody rides it. (admittedly, I wouldn't.) Have the characters ride it! Just bring the kinetics back to Toontown!

• Minion

I say tear the whole thing down and build a new e ticket attraction for Frontierland. Move the new entrance to where Thunder Mountain Ranch is now and seal up the Toontown entrance. Toontown was an interesting idea for it's time but it needs to be relocated to DCA where it will be better suited.

No more ball pits, por favor! The Chip n Dale Treehouse and Acorn Crawl closed for a reason.
    was there a ball bit in there? i only remember a slide
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast