Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

The Site for Theme Park Three

Ok, lets see if this works...

The site I blocked out on the bottom right in the "Katella Cast Lot" where most Cast Members park during their work day. This is the area that the rumored third park is supposed to be, a 2nd large parking structure would then be built on top of the guest lot on Disney Way. Note how large this area is by comparing it to DCA or DLR.

Last edited by aenobarbe; 03-26-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Re: The Site for Theme Park Three

Now its working!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And, folks, don't let that view fool you. It is way to far from the parks for a casual stroll. Something drastic would need to be done in order to transport guests smoothly between parking/hotels and the three parks.

• :)

Where will the CM's park?

yeah, and for the new structure to support the guests it would hold, there would need to be a walkway above harbor blvd to avoid the crowds amassing at the stoplights.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Where will the CM's park?
    in the new structure

• Goofy

Yeah that is kinda far but it will make a great exercise walk.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And, folks, don't let that view fool you. It is way to far from the parks for a casual stroll. Something drastic would need to be done in order to transport guests smoothly between parking/hotels and the three parks.
    maybe a new monorail system could de devised to start working like WDW does.

• Dreaming of Disney World

For it to be a good a park they would need to buy the land around it in the block. The area is too small to be a good park.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Blind to His Own Faults

Interesting post, aenobarbe. I am curious to see how independent this Park will be from DL and DCA. I can't reasonably envision the bulk of the inter-park transportation falling to an already over-taxed Monorail system. Trams? Just good old-fashioned perambulation? I'm anxious to see how these problems will be dealt with--even though I don't like the idea of a 3rd Gate.

It is an awfully large chunk of land to work with, that transport problem is almost as large.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    For it to be a good a park they would need to buy the land around it in the block. The area is too small to be a good park.
    I disagree. It doesn't look too much smaller than DL and it is bigger than DCA. If it is done right -- that is the key -- it could be a great park.

I disagree. It doesn't look too much smaller than DL and it is bigger than DCA. If it is done right -- that is the key -- it could be a great park.
    It is actually smaller than DCA because of the width being contained by other property. If they were able to purchase the other property surrounding it the size would basically be equal to DCA, even a tad larger. But as it stands right now, the size is roughly the same as DCA minus the room of the Grand Californian and the Timon Lot, basically the DCA we have right this second.

So the park is a tad smaller than DCA, no big deal. Except there needs to be space for CM parking and guest parking,. Most likey, much of the upper rectangle will be used for transportation, parking, and buildings of that nature. So, the actual theme park would be the lower square, which is roughly equal to Paradise Pier, Bugs Land, Bountiful Valley, half of GRR, and half of the Timon Lot.

While not a tiny park, the park will deffinately need some excellent planning to use the space effectively and will be the smallest Disney park with little room for sprawling epics of rides.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post

I partially agree with that, however DCA is roughly the same size... while I enjoy DCA there is alot of wasted space there... if they will make this a quality park - no problem! But if this ends up being another partial park not worth full day admittance then why bother?

On the thoughts of transportation... Vegas monorail is what I'm thinking! Pack people in, make em stand up, who cares... but it would need to be a swift ride to get the amount of people over there and back. After riding the monorail in Vegas, I'm saddened Disney's doesn't go faster! The rail could pick up at the east tram area and go slightly around the DCA berm, cross the street at Katella and make a left. And either have one HUGE train that would ride one rail, or have 2 so that you'd essentially have one at each park at a time and have 2 rails or a turnaround point like they do in Vegas!

• Infinitized!

Expansion of the monorail, or, build a Skytrain like Vancouver has.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast