Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

What Would You do with this Space?

From the area where Cascade Peak used to be all the to where the skyway house currently sits.

http://www.themeparkbrochures.com/ma...and1989map.jpg
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 06-09-2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Please do not in-line post pictures that are not yours. Provide a link instead.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

All of this area is unused space including the whole Big Thunder Ranch area.
    What would you put here?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Official MC Thread Killer

Hmmm.. in my RCT2 Disneyland I put in a Villain themed attraction. It was a small Mountain (looks like Bald Mountain; shorter than Matterhorn but taller than the castle). Inside was a mixture of a 3D show and simulator (like Spiderman but no movement). I think it would fit it really nicely in the real Disneyland.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

I would find a way to tie into the river and theme a Tom Sawyer rapids attraction with rafts.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    you mean the area that will soon likely have Woody's Roundup? I'd put PhilharMagic there, with an entrance in Fantasyland, and then remove Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, move Redd Rocket's in there, and put something back in the old Mission to Mars theatre.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Well, to put something in this area, it would have to be part of the frontier theme, or since the skyway is part of that area, that can be used to put a fantasyland attraction and use it as the entrance and use the rest of that area to house the fantasy attraction.

• șoș Tom șoș

My suggestions:
    *Viking ride, akin to Malestrom but with chracters on par with HM and POTC
    *Woody's Roundup- I guess whatever this would be better than nothing
    *Tom Sawyer extension or something along those lines..
    *White Water Rapid River Expedition type ride would be cool...
    *Villans Mtn, if and only if they can rework it with both fantasmic and the same way the worked in the Matterhorn into the fireworks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think Woody's Roundup will be going there. I guess I'm in the minority, but I've always rather liked it as it is.. undeveloped. It gives a sense of the openess of the frontier and provides a nice quiet space to get away from sensory overload.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I thinks a cute little bambi dark dark ride would b in order

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    I thinks a cute little bambi dark dark ride would b in order

Oooh, that could be good. Make it sort of like Buzz but this time you're aiming for Bambi's mom! :devil:

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    Oooh, that could be good. Make it sort of like Buzz but this time you're aiming for Bambi's mom! :devil:
    oh my!

But I like your ideas... and I agree with schucks, "*Villans Mtn, if and only if they can rework it with both fantasmic and the same way the worked in the Matterhorn into the fireworks"

• Minion FOREVER!

Although Villain's Mountain would be interesting, my vote would
    be for a whole new land.

Discovery Island/Bay (Jules Verne) has been mentioned... But I would vote for a "Dragon's Lair"
    akin to what was originally proposed for DAK.
    Last edited by nish221; 06-09-2005 at 02:51 PM.

• What have I done?

Yeah villains mtn. would be sweet, have the entrance from the fantasy land side and keep the seren walk way between BTMRR and Fantasyland. Make like a wall to seperat the area, and on the other sid eof the wall where all the action is! AA's and a ride or two?

Or a Discovery Bay?

"This guy!"

• Sock Puppet

I'm all for villains mt. or a ride based on the game Kingdom Hearts, but that'd never happen.

• Banned User

I'd go for a cute little Woody's Round-Up land. Something that could add some capacity to the park, but keep the price under $50 million or so. Maybe use a Mad Mouse coaster, but make it an indoor ride themed to an old mine.... How about a wave swing themed to a frontier huricane? Toss in a simple swing ride themed to stage coaches..... Now, where can we get a mad mouse.... a wave swing... and a Golden Zephyr to really let us do this expansion on the cheap? hmmmm.... Nope, can't think of anywhere.

Then, I'd use the big bucks to fix DCA. Maybe start by ripping out the old Route 66 area (reuse those rides for something, but I can't think what), Golden Dreams and the empty bay, and create a great new land in the area.... Something fantastic and imaginative and magical..... like Lilo's Hawaii and Nemo's Australia.... Then tie this all into the pier once all the generic themeing is overlayed with Aeril's-"Under the Sea"-land complete with full Triton's Castle themed roller coaster.

Yeah, that's what I'd do with this small peice of land that is in what is already the world's greatest theme park.... A park running a full capacity despite not having a new E-Ticket in 10+ years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast