Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Remember orchestration vs. Wishes

I was listening to Remember not too long ago and shortly thereafter I put the soundtrack to Wishes on. I think the orchestration used in the very beginning of both shows are actually compeletly different. What I mean is that I think instead of just inserting Wishes music with Julie Andrews narration, that they actually re-recorded the beginning sequence. If you listen to Remember, you can hear a lot more intruments(mainly violens) in the beginning crescendo and the chimes are much louder before Julie Andrews introduction. Remember sounds crystal clear, but Wishes seems more muffled. I was thinking that they may have completely re-recorded Remember all the way through the E-Ticket segement incorporating Tink's introduction, Walt's speech, and E-Tickets in the Sky. Or it could be just some sprucing up of the audio adding in a few segments here and there and picking up on some of the undertone. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?? If you have the audio for Remember and Wishes, pop both cd's in and see if you can tell for yourself the difference in clarity and intrumental crescendo at the beginning...

• I was deleted.

Wow. So maybe Disney wasn't lazy and just used the "wishes" thing because they liked it instead of for convience? I would listen but I don't have Wishes... (yet!)

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    I was listening to Remember not too long ago and shortly thereafter I put the soundtrack to Wishes on. I think the orchestration used in the very beginning of both shows are actually compeletly different. What I mean is that I think instead of just inserting Wishes music with Julie Andrews narration, that they actually re-recorded the beginning sequence. If you listen to Remember, you can hear a lot more intruments(mainly violens) in the beginning crescendo and the chimes are much louder before Julie Andrews introduction. Remember sounds crystal clear, but Wishes seems more muffled. I was thinking that they may have completely re-recorded Remember all the way through the E-Ticket segement incorporating Tink's introduction, Walt's speech, and E-Tickets in the Sky. Or it could be just some sprucing up of the audio adding in a few segments here and there and picking up on some of the undertone. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?? If you have the audio for Remember and Wishes, pop both cd's in and see if you can tell for yourself the difference in clarity and intrumental crescendo at the beginning...
    I think you're right as I've noticed this too. However, I think it's only brand new orchestration from the introduction to the "Starlight, Starbright" part. It seems like this version has more violons/violas in it and I actually like it more than the Wishes one. The other parts (The Character Wishes/WYWUAS and the Finale) seem like exact copies to me. They had to make a new intro though because Julie speaks MUCH longer than the Blue Fairy does in the intro to Wishes.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Banned User

Plus they turn of the lights different than in Wishes, on the castle and all.

• wasting time

Starlight
    Starbright
    First star I see tonight

I wish I may
    I wish I might
    Have Disney World's soundtrack tonight
    We'll rip it off
    As Paul Pressler would do
    (Cynthia Harris)

Their show called 'Wishes'
    Is now for you!

• Social Imagineer

Heheh, I love when Evil Minion whispers those lyrics in my ear during the fireworks. Fortunately, not having seen 'Wishes' at DisneyWorld, the music did not first strike me as a rip-off of another show. But I do think it's tacky not to have composed something original for the big 50th Anniversary Fireworks Spectacular.

(Of course, I should be careful what I wish for. Wishes ain't a bad piece of music, and who knows what drek they might have come up with if they tried to write something new.)

• Banned User

perhaps what happened is they made both versions at the same time???

knowing DL was getting a new show and used "wishes" music in both.. and recorded diferent intros for both???

Though i wish they had a different thing to keep it seperate....

(love the lirics EM)

• Rat Tat Tat.

I started listening to Remember and now I can hear the real Remember going off outside...what a coincidence.

• Banned User

^Lucky

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    ^Lucky
    It sounds like if you had someone on the floor above you jumping...just thud. thud.
    thud.
    thud.

thud. thud. thud. thud. thud. thud.

I wonder if I could sync the soundtrack with the thuds...hehe.

• Official Mice Chat person

You could probably look out your window and sync it with what you see That would be sweet.

• Banned User

They had fireworks here in Hawaii on the ocean... I had my iPod. I listened to Remember's soundtrack during them. Amazingly enough, it worked pretty darn well... though it was 5 min short. (The fireworks)

And in the show here, they had all the types of fireworks that Remember has, and other ones as well. The flowers, the stars, the hearts, every firework was going off here.

I always have thought that Disney should do the 4th of July fireworks for other places in the country... Imagine seeing Reflections of Earth on the lake in Chicago.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

slightly off topic.....but I don't like WISHES. Believe (and Remember) are both so much better.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    If they went through the trouble of redoing the soundtrack, why couldn't they redo Snow White's creepy voice? She sounds kinda high in the soundtrack...I like the Wishes music, but it is VERY poorly written. Do you think they could insert a form of the word "wish" into that soundtrack one more time? They use it at least 200 times...looks like Steve Davison may need a thesaurus for Christmas this year...and Snow White needs to make a New Years Resolution to remain sober...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I've noticed this too, during tinks flight, you hear trumpets

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast