Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Disneyland - Only on XBOX, PC, and PS2

Ok, so everybody loves going to disneyland, we all like it, right? Well how about a video game that lets you tour the resort? BUT, in addition to touring the resort and riding all of the rides, you could go to any year that Disneyland/California Adventure has been open, ride ANY ride, in ANY year. For example, if you wanted to see the old 20k ride at Disneyland (not the submarine ride, it was just a bunch of replicas from the 20k movie where star tours is now), you could. Wanna see the park from a birds eye view? Go ahead and ride the Skyway. Want to see the gray OR yellow submarines? Go to the year you want and ride the ride. Preferably, the game would have to be designed by Bungie, because if they used the Halo engine (Which as excellent controlls, but no guns or anything, since it's Disneyland), it would be a great game. It would also have to have top-notch graphics that only an XBOX or PC could produce. You could also adjust whether or not if you want lines to be full or if you want the park to be empty. I think it would be a great way to see DIsneyland's history by being able to explore the entire resort, EVEN the DL hotel and grand californian. The only down side of it would be that so many people would buy the game that no one would go in the park. But if they sold it exclusively at the park, those turnstyles would spin like the teacups. Wouldnt it be great to see the park on opening day, all in color, and be actually able to watch Walt Disney's opening day speech? Fans of "adventure thru inner space" would be able to ride the ride again, as well as all of the missed rides, like the skyway, peoplemover, Rocketrods, submarine voyage, Rocket jets, and all of the other rides thru out the park that are missing. If you design/create games and are reading this post by any chance, my email is [email protected].

I hope that when virtual reality really takes off, and you can go super high tech, that this could be accomplished then! Imagine being able to put on a VR helmet and be able to ride an attraction and look in all directions, walk down Main Street, etc. How awesome would that be?!

• /sigh

They did one similar with Uneriversal Studios "theme park adventure" on Gamecube, where you could tour the park and ride the rides, and do little "tasks" around the park. However, it had horrible graphics, poor story line, and you would lose interest real quick. It was hardly worth buying, or renting for that matter.

However, if this Dineyland game was done with a LOT of time and effort, fantastic graphics, and overall Disney *magic*, then, maybe, just maybe, it might be worth it, especially for the kids (but I'm pretty darn critical, so I'm pretty hesitant).
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 02-02-2005 at 02:53 PM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• With my wife....

I'm an avid video game player, and it's been a long time since there's been any Disney game worth playing... I guess Kingdom Hearts is the only decent one I can think of. If such a game was done right it would be cool, but based on prior experience with Disney games, I'm still squeamish at the thought of any game with the Disney logo on it. :o
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Minion

Does anybody remember the old Disneyland game (or maybe it was WDW) for the original 8-bit Nintendo? You could walk around a map of the park and go on a few of the rides. All I remember is going on Space Mountain and flying through a field of stars, controlling my direction with the control pad. I don't recall if there was any goal to it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Preferably, the game would have to be designed by Bungie, because if they used the Halo engine (Which as excellent controlls, but no guns or anything, since it's Disneyland), it would be a great game.
    Sheesh, where's the fun in that? A virtual Disneyland just begs for gun-toting havoc wreakers! You'd sell millions! :devil:
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

lol. But im glad you guys see what im saying. Bungie is really good at making smooth games, and this DIsneyland game would have to be smooth because it would have to be done right. Sure, it wouldnt really have a point/story to it, but thats what the rides are for, right? I do remember tho a NES disneyland game, barely. IF only I could get my hands on that and into my NES.....Well, if you all remember a few years ago they made a mario-kart esque Disney world racing game where you rode thru the main "attractions" at Disney world. I still play it today, just because it slightly brings back memorys. But what I'm feeling is something totally immersive....Halo engine, even better graphics, the ability to go any day, week, month, or year. It would have to be so detailed, that if they closed Pirates of the Caribbean on April 20th 1985 for refurbishments, if you went to that date, it would be refurbished. Maybe they could even pack-in a making of the game DVD with a 4 hour history of Disneyland....All for a heavy price tag of $100. Maybe they could even make a scaled-back handheld version for the upcoming PSP and the Nintendo DS. How cool would that be, to explore Disneyland, on your DS/PSP, in line at the new Submarine Voyage?

I remember the Nintendo Entertainment System had a game called "Disney's Adventures in the Magic Kingdom" man what a BOOOOORING game THAT was. here's a funny thing to note: that game took place in DisneyLAND yet they had DisneyWORLD'S castle on the box

The whole Virtual reality thing is kinda going too far, because who would go to the park if you could pretty much do it in your living room? The thing about this XBOX/PC/Ps2 game is that, yes you do explore the park, but you also get a history of it by being able to see the sights and everything as it was at any time. The details would also include the stores. You could have a set amount of money that let you buy stuff, like shirts/hats/etc. At the beginning of the game, you will be at the park opening day, see all the stuff, so on and so forth. You could even go and see the construction of DCA and the Downtown Disney thing. But there SHOULD NOT be any kind of story to this game because it would defy what it is made for: to be able to see Disneyland, at any time. Also, if it was sold IN the park, maybe for the 55th or 60th anniversery since it would take more then 3 years to make this game good, imagine the bank it would create. Plus we would kind of be able to ride our old rides again. Also, in the XBOX/PC versions, you could do some download content, which is where you can download different things to add on to your game. For example, you could download new rides and stuff that they put in the real park. So for example, if a new ride appears in the lagoon in 2010, and we have the game, we could go to download content, download the new ride, and ride it! They could charge you a few dollers for the ride, to make it fair. Or if/when they re-do tomorrowland, you could download that, and it automatically replaces the old one. OR they could every year make a Download content Disneyland Park. For example, lets say it gets realeased in 2008. At the beginning of 2009 you could download Disneyland, which is the whole park as of the beginning of 2009. The possiblitys are endless.

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers
    Does anybody remember the old Disneyland game (or maybe it was WDW) for the original 8-bit Nintendo? You could walk around a map of the park and go on a few of the rides. All I remember is going on Space Mountain and flying through a field of stars, controlling my direction with the control pad. I don't recall if there was any goal to it.
    I have this game and I still play it cuz its so old-school. The goal was to collect keys so that Mickey could start the parade. Pete had stolen all the keys and in order to get them back, you had to ride the rides and "beat" Pete to the finish a la Autopia, Thunder Mt., Space Mt., etc. As a kid, I thought it was a lot of fun.

There could be two modes. There could be the "explorer" mode, where you do whatever you want, whatever year you want, or "Disneyland" mode, where you start on opening day, and go to Disneyland every time a major ride opens/closes. You could even see the original tomorrowland, the tomorrowland before '67. THe 55-66 tomorrowland. We will be able to visit Circle-Vision 360 again, as well as Mine Train Thru Natures Wonderland.....

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    They did one similar with Uneriversal Studios "theme park adventure" on Gamecube, where you could tour the park and ride the rides, and do little "tasks" around the park. However, it had horrible graphics, poor story line, and you would lose interest real quick. It was hardly worth buying, or renting for that matter.

However, if this Dineyland game was done with a LOT of time and effort, fantastic graphics, and overall Disney *magic*, then, maybe, just maybe, it might be worth it, especially for the kids (but I'm pretty darn critical, so I'm pretty hesitant).
    As Adam would say...

A 1.... out of 5.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Simpyl Put, if you want good graphics, do spinnable 'nodes' like Myst IV, and the on ride shots are actual video.

It may spread across a few DVDs, but it's well pretty.
    -Monorail Man

is it ok if I request paragraphs a bit in posts o_o giant sentences scare me (dispite the fact that I make plenty myself)

I gotta poke at why on earth you left out the Gamecube

the su-Xbox is in thirdplace worldwide you realize and is only second best in America and Austrialia (it totaly bombed in the Asian markets and Microsoft has responded by dishonoring their Japanese employee's several times over)

btw the Xbox isn't actualy that much more powerful then the gamecube (which is probably why the game with the best graphics around is Resident Evil 4 on the gamecube or so the reviews have said)

anywho graphics and detail are the big seller here, if your going to do it you'd better have an ultra powerful engine and it had better be convincing

the first thing I'm going to recomend is that you forget this third generation system recommendation your making (why is it called third generation anyways? it's Sony's Second Generation system, Microsofts First generation and it's Nintendo's fourth generation) it's best to jump to the highest of high in graphics as far as PC goes (PCI Express cards only? it'd have to at least be AGP 8X as the minimum)

as far as home console release goes you gotta remeber E3 is this year so it should be a game on the Xbox2 (also called XboxNext and is currently codenamed Xenon), PS3 or the Nintendo Revolution

Xbox2 will probably have the worst graphics this time around so I'd bet they'd use it as the development console though I'd perfer it if they used the PS3

I'm assuming that your going for graphics which is why I'm making these recommendations/observations

either that or a Disneyland game would have to have some killer gameplay

an entire theme park is something tought to simulate which is seen clearly in running Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (I have a Radion 9800 with 256 megs of DDR ram and the game still makes my system lag if I've got a park full of people and I try constructing a new coaster)

• Vehicle rotating backward

Some of this discussion is kind of crazy. Why are you guys talking about Halo to make a DL game? Do you guys know most people don't have a computer that can play that stuff very well?

I'd like some kind of mix of RollerCoaster Tycoon and SimCity. If they made a game where not only making good rides was important, but making good themed lands as well. I don't think, though, that this game would require the kind of computer that JSpider suggested though. If it required an average current PC, Mac, and maybe PlayStation (if it'll work with that controller), that would be good.

It would be neat if they had all the themes from DL/MK and some unique ones made for the game that don't exist in reality, with star rides from all the parks.

I'd love to be able to run my own customized big Disney park. I'd fit the DLP castle, the Matterhorn, and Journey to the Center of the Earth all in the same park. Like The Sims, they could sell expansions like the 50th Anniversary expansion or something, with new rides and fireworks and stuff.

This is my idea, anyway. It'd be a fun and simple game that lets you build your own Disney park with the ability to use whatever icons and attractions you choose.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast