• Tiki Lover

DLR Character Meals...Good Idea?

I have experienced character meals in Florida at WDW, but not at Disneyland. Anyone have any suggestions? We are thinking about trying Goofy's Kitchen in June. Any help would be great!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: DLR Character Meals...Good Idea?

Hehe...I thought this thread was actually asking the question "DLR character meals---good idea?". Nevermind, I guess...

• Do You know?

I did go to Goofy's Kitchen years ago and the food was really good and that way I meet my favorite character- Tigger. They come to your tables and interact with you and take pics. It might have changed- it has been years and years since I went, but I loved it.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I would recommend Goofy's Kitchen. The food is good and its a nice atmosphere. I personally disliked Ariel's Grotto, but maybe I just went on a bad day??
    <3 Chloe

• Wishing

I've also been considering character dinning for my two friends, one of which has never been to a Disney Park. I'm trying to decide which might be the best for a first experience. I haven't been to any of them since I was little so what I remember is very different from what they have now.
    I was leaning towards a lunch at Ariel's Grotto because of the princesses, but do you think they would get more interaction and have more fun at Goofy's Kitchen?

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

I think you should, for first timers, do Goofy's Kitchen. Unless they are huge princess fans, that should be saved for a second or third trip.

I know when I did a Princess Lunch, it was 'Hi-take-a-picture-and-bye."

• Lipstick is Power

Ariel's Grotto is a nice place to go if you love princesses. We have never had a bad lunch there and the girls are all very nice and tend to stay and chat.

The Minnie and friends breakfast in DL park is also very good, great food, great location, and a nice mix of characters.

Goffy's kitchen is an all time favorite, but sometimes the DL hotel is just too far a walk in the morning...lol.

Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian has great food but the character selection is a bit limited (Chip and Dale, Meeko, the fellas from Brother Bear, and Turk are about it)

Hope that helped a bit.

MCL

• Minion

Blog Entries

I love going to the Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast. I also like going to Ariels grotto. When ever I go to Ariels I always order adult portions of the kids meals. Not a huge fan of the adult food. I have never been a huge fan of Goofy's for breakfast just because I don't like traditional breakfast foods. I have never eaten there for Dinner so I can't comment on that. Anyways, yeah Lilo and Stitch hands down my favorite.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Hiding in the shadows

All of the character meals offer something different so its really what you are looking for.

I have never done Lilo and Stitch but have heard only great things about that. Also never done Goofy, but I hear people like that one.

Minnie and Friends is packed with people, lines for food, etc. But there are LOTS of great characters so your kids will never be without a character to watch, its something I think everyone with kids should do once.

Storytellers is low key as others say, but usually not too crowded and you can order from the menu versus buffet. This is by far my favorite breakfast. We make reservations for a meal about 90 minutes befor ethe park opens so we eat and are in the park for the rope drop.

Finally, we usually do Ariels Grotto about 4 times a year. My DD loves princesses so thats the only reason to do it. Personally its packed with little girls and as others have said, its "hi, pickure, bye" and the food is only so/so. You get to order off the menu but its very limited and everything is the same price.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Do Goofy's!!!

Storyteller's is great!
    But there's no Goofy!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Pirate's life for me!

I just did a trip report about Goofy's Kitchen a few days ago, including some pics.

I think it's on page 3 about now. Check it out!

Enjoy!

• Comin' at ya!

Sounds pretty nifty
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude