Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gobble GOBBLE

At What Price: Admission

All this talk about a high priced "Boutique Park" down the street from Disneyland has me thinking: What is the highest amount I would pay for a single day in Disneyland? Right now the single day admission price for anyone over 9 years old is $63. that's not exactly chump change as it is.

My heart says I'd pay a million dollars if I had to, but my wallet disagrees. I hate to say it. It pains me to admit it, but if I had to, if the only way into the Park was to drop the cash, I think I'd spend up to $500 for a single day. But then, I would only be able to go once a decade or so.

If anyone from Disney Corporate happens to read this, I would really not spend one red cent over $63 for admission. Honest.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Rock Star Minion

Re: At What Price: Admission

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    All this talk about a high priced "Boutique Park" down the street from Disneyland has me thinking: What is the highest amount I would pay for a single day in Disneyland? Right now the single day admission price for anyone over 9 years old is $63. that's not exactly chump change as it is.
    Too bad not enough people pay that much to enter. There would be more revenue for expenses, and people would expect a quality experience for the amount they paid.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

USH sells a VIP package for $150 a person.

Six Flags is selling a new VIP package for $249 a person.

Knott's sells a VIP program at a $100 per hour for a small group (6 or less) with a 4 hour minimum.

The only Boutique Park I know of is Discovery Cove run by Busch Entertainment (SeaWorld), they charge $159 for a day, $259 if you want to swim with a dolphin (and most folks opt for the $259 option). But you get a lot for the price, including meals...

All-Inclusive detail description
    • 30 minute Dolphin-swim session
    • Snorkeling with thousands of tropical fish in the Coral Reef.
    • Wading with the rays in the Ray Lagoon.
    • Hand-feeding birds in the free flight Aviary.
    • Relaxing in the Resort Pool and swimming along the Tropical River.
    • Continental breakfast, sumptuous lunch, plus all snacks and beverages throughout the day.
    • Snorkel gear, swim vest or wet suit, towels, lockers, sunscreen, beach chairs.
    • All day self-parking.
    • Complimentary photo portrait of you and your party as you enter Discovery Cove.
    • Admission to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay* for seven consecutive days. Or a combination pass with admission to both parks for 14 consecutive days for $30 more.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Lipstick is Power

I would totally pay $259. to do all that, it sounds like a great experience.

It would be really neat if Disney had something really special like that....shoot, I would spend that much to go to Disneyland hang with a character all day.....hmmmm me and Peter Pan....all day together......

I'm willing to continue to visit Disneyland as long as admission doesn't cost me a penny.

If I'm asked to pay even one dollar for admission...I may have to re-evaluate our mutually beneficial relationship.

$259 for the day.

Last December, I bought an 8-day Parkhopper for $200.00, at the front-desk of GCH. Length of stay tickets exclusively for guests of GCH---although I didn't stay at GCH a full 8 days, not even.

Nope. No $259 for one day. I can swim with dolphins online, you can swim with sharks in 3-D online for free 24-7.

Bad deal.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    $259 for the day.
    Were you being sarcastic? You get admission to Sea World or Busch Gardens for 7 days. For 30 dollars more you get admission to Sea World AND Busch Gardens for 14 days. As I look at it more closely, it's a very good deal.

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I'm willing to continue to visit Disneyland as long as admission doesn't cost me a penny.

If I'm asked to pay even one dollar for admission...I may have to re-evaluate our mutually beneficial relationship.

You must be living the dream, my friend.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    • Continental breakfast, sumptuous lunch, plus all snacks and beverages throughout the day.
    • Snorkel gear, swim vest or wet suit, towels, lockers, sunscreen, beach chairs.
    • All day self-parking.
    • Complimentary photo portrait of you and your party as you enter Discovery Cove.
    • Admission to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay* for seven consecutive days. Or a combination pass with admission to both parks for 14 consecutive days for $30 more.
    Like SpokkerJones said, that is really an incredible deal. This is my perception of putting that into Disney valuation:

30 Minute Dolphin-swim session = 1*
    Snorkeling with tropical fish in Coral Reef = 2*
    Wading in Ray Lagoon = 3*
    Hand-feeding birds in Aviary = 4*

1234* One heck of a great Walk in Walt's tour with some behind the scenes stuff and other perspectives or interaction that you don't normally get.

Relaxing in Resort Pool, etc. = Grand Califorian Hotel
    Continental Breakfast = Early Admission Food
    Sumptuous Lunch = Blue Bayou or Napa
    Free snack and beverages = ODV Passes
    Snorkel gear, vest, suit, etc = You got me on this one??????
    All day self-parking = Mickey & Friends for free
    Complimentary photo of you and your party = Free Photopass purchase
    Admission to both parks for $30 more for 14 days = One long park hopper.

Quite a deal if you cut out the reality that a majority of the traffic at Disneyland is the repeat local crowd.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I don't know how you do it, but......

Your posts, information and trivia you share are truly awesowe!!!!!!!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I don't know how you do it, but......
    Happy to tell. No real secret or trick. Mostly it's just "knowing the right people."

Most of my visits to Disneyland are in conjunction with a Club 33 reservation, and the accompanying complimentary Park-Hopper that's included with that...gets me in about 90% of the time.

On the rare occasions I visit and am not dining at the Club, my freebie rate is maintained by either an old comp ticket from my rather large stash...or a sign-in from a Silver Pass holding friend...or comps from some other source being left for me at Guest Relations.

Though I have to admit I did purchase a Disneyland ticket on the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland first opening to the public (July 18th)...as sort of my own little nod to Roy O. Disney purchasing the first ticket on July 18, 1955.

But...I didn't use it, and got in free that day too!

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    • All day self-parking.

Oh, man! That sounds amazing! I would do all of that for $259, no problem!

• DCA lover

Nope. No $259 for one day. I can swim with dolphins online, you can swim with sharks in 3-D online for free 24-7.

Bad deal.
    ROFL. are you serious?

Yeah, I agree with the poster above me. $259 for all that sounds AMAZING. If it were close to home, I'd do it this weekend!

• Defying gravity

Happy to tell. No real secret or trick. Mostly it's just "knowing the right people."

Most of my visits to Disneyland are in conjunction with a Club 33 reservation, and the accompanying complimentary Park-Hopper that's included with that...gets me in about 90% of the time.

On the rare occasions I visit and am not dining at the Club, my freebie rate is maintained by either an old comp ticket from my rather large stash...or a sign-in from a Silver Pass holding friend...or comps from some other source being left for me at Guest Relations.

Though I have to admit I did purchase a Disneyland ticket on the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland first opening to the public (July 18th)...as sort of my own little nod to Roy O. Disney purchasing the first ticket on July 18, 1955.

But...I didn't use it, and got in free that day too!

You are my hero!

• The Picture Guy

I can swim with dolphins online, you can swim with sharks in 3-D online for free 24-7.

Bad deal.
    I guess that's why hookers are losing their jobs too due to online substitutes?
    I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast