Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Paradise pier lagoon boat ride?

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4jc View Post
    To those of you who have been to Epcot's World Showcase, you can probably imagine what type of boatride they're planning....simple and basic, just like the one there. Probably just a means to get guests from one side of the lagoon to the other, just as at WS at Epcot.

As unexciting as it is, that's my prediction.
    I'll bet you're right. World Showcase in Epcot has it, and Islands of Adventure has it as well. Only really difference is size. The body of water in World Showcase and IoA is MUCH than the Paradise Pier Lagoon so a boat ride makes sense as transportation. For PP? It's not that big, it can't work with just being a transport ride. Something should be done to jazz it up, otherwise that boat ride will abandoned a year after opening.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I got a shot of them in my last trip report....at least I think this is what you are all talking about?
    Yup. Those are the only boats I know of.

I've always thought of a 2nd dock under the bridge near the Ariel's Grotto that kinda connects to Pacific Wharf.

Why not both a "glass bottom" boat and transportation ride... I put quotations perhaps this would be a digital screen instead of a real glass bottom.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Yup. Those are the only boats I know of.

I've always thought of a 2nd dock under the bridge near the Ariel's Grotto that kinda connects to Pacific Wharf.

Why not both a "glass bottom" boat and transportation ride... I put quotations perhaps this would be a digital screen instead of a real glass bottom.
    That would probably be better, since with the infrastructure from WWoC, the bottom of the lagoon will likely not be all that pretty.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I just thought what if the digital projection had interactive sea life? Tap on the "glass" and the fish react.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

sounds like just paddle boats.

• triple seven

Here is a picture of the concept art, where you can see the surfboard as mentioned by Professortango. Also, note the Maliboomer, it seems to be palm trees. In addition, there seems to be some sort of water ride around the Orange Stinger, like a log flume ride.

If they dont go 120 and make a stop at the sand bar, then I'm not going.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Are you sure? Al said it was specifically, a plannned boat ride around the lagoon?
    My mistake. I misread the report. I think the original poster mentioning a picture of a tidal wave type boat is was threw me off.

I assume the lagoon ride will be an aquatopia type ride. Trackless little vehicles to spin around in, nothing too elaborate, just something to fill the empty void.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

What would be wrong with a boat ride along the lagoon and nothing more? This attraction is still a bit off in the future. The hope could be that the surroundings are enough to go out for a trip around the lagoon and look at while resting. People complain about the lack of those little A-ticket type attractions and their dwindling numbers, well here seems to be one.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ777 View Post
    Here is a picture of the concept art, where you can see the surfboard as mentioned by Professortango. Also, note the Maliboomer, it seems to be palm trees. In addition, there seems to be some sort of water ride around the Orange Stinger, like a log flume ride.

OMG! I love that! Thank you! I wish that the surfboard would have become reality! :sigh: Quite the cool sight! I bet it would have looked great lit up at night!

...Joe...

• triple seven

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    OMG! I love that! Thank you! I wish that the surfboard would have become reality! :sigh: Quite the cool sight! I bet it would have looked great lit up at night!

...Joe...
    Yeah it would have been cool if they had the surfboard. I think that the picture makes Paradise Pier look so much better than what it actually looks like.

Any ideas of what that water ride that goes around the Orange Stinger, was suppose to be?

• ...TWO BITS!

Just a shoot the chute boat ride.

-Jurassic Park

Yea...Screamin's original concept was to have a surfing theme. What's funny is, it is still themed to surfing...but now it just doesn't make any sense. Also, not sure if a boat ride is possible across the lagoon since there is a wave machine for the lagoon. Also, it's not very deep...if they were to add a "track", then they wouldn't be able to shoot fireworks in the middle of the lagoon. Sounds like a false rumor to me.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm glad they didn't put in the giant surfboard. I live near the beach, and while I do see lots of surfboards in the ocean, I have a difficult time finding 50 foot surfboards sticking out of the water. Not only that, but the surfboard looks way too Disney to be given any credibility by the local surfing crowd. Having gone to an OC high school, that surfboard would be laughed out of the water by the real surfers -- the surfers who sleep, eat, and breathe surfing -- the ones who draw surfboards on their Scantron test forms.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Led_Zep View Post
    Yea...Screamin's original concept was to have a surfing theme. What's funny is, it is still themed to surfing...but now it just doesn't make any sense. Also, not sure if a boat ride is possible across the lagoon since there is a wave machine for the lagoon. Also, it's not very deep...if they were to add a "track", then they wouldn't be able to shoot fireworks in the middle of the lagoon. Sounds like a false rumor to me.
    Why? The lagoon doesn't need to be very deep. The waves are not that big, and barges will be utilized for the fireworks. It seems, according to Al, that the lagoon was designed to have the piping, but it just isn't there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12