Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paradise pier lagoon boat ride?

ok.. this is just a rumor.. but what kind of boats?

I remember I saw a concept art of paradise pier and there was a kind of tidal wave ride from six flags magic mountain.

can someone post that concpt art? i was looking for it and i cant found it.

Re: Paradise pier lagoon boat ride?

so this is an old idea? not something possible now?

• ...TWO BITS!

I'm not sure about the boat dock being near the Sun Wheel. I was thinking it could be between the Orange Stinger's entrance and exit ramps. It's like a little channel all to its own and can be a great dock if done properly.

As for the boat designs, no idea what you're thinking of. We've seen Paradise Pier boats in the lagoon before. Usually docked under the east bridge near Ariel's Grotto. But those look more modern.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

With the upcoming Wonderful World of Color, I'd think they'd want to utilize all the space in the lagoon, not fill it with some shoot-the-chutes clone.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a boat ride on the water of Paradise Pier, but if it happens, what would the guests be looking at? At least when you go on the Mark Twain at Disneyland, there are lush trees and shrubs, plus key points of interests to look at.

With a boat ride on the PP lagoon, what is there to really see that we don't see each time we're around that area? I'm sure the boat ride would be nice, but I'm just curious what the purpose would be to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I'm not opposed to the idea of a boat ride on the water of Paradise Pier, but if it happens, what would the guests be looking at? At least when you go on the Mark Twain at Disneyland, there are lush trees and shrubs, plus key points of interests to look at.

With a boat ride on the PP lagoon, what is there to really see that we don't see each time we're around that area? I'm sure the boat ride would be nice, but I'm just curious what the purpose would be to have it?
    That's what I'm wondering. Short of actually imagineering some glass bottom scenery to look at--which, to be clear, Al made absolutely no mention of--this sounds like it may just top Mulholland Madness as the lamest ride in DCA.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. Short of actually imagineering some glass bottom scenery to look at--which, to be clear, Al made absolutely no mention of--this sounds like it may just top Mulholland Madness as the lamest ride in DCA.
    Actually this may be a good idea. They should take a trip out to Catalina and take a trip on the glass bottom boat there to get some ideas. This could wind up being almost like the submarine voyage. The boat could go through some kelp forests, and there could be some fish swimming below. In any case, a glass bottom boat would help enhance the overall California theme.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Actually this may be a good idea. They should take a trip out to Catalina and take a trip on the glass bottom boat there to get some ideas. This could wind up being almost like the submarine voyage. The boat could go through some kelp forests, and there could be some fish swimming below. In any case, a glass bottom boat would help enhance the overall California theme.

i really like this idea
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Banned User

my interpretation... it might just be a simple ride around the lagoon without a track.... or it might have a second dock added and become a transportation device to control crowds like at Epcot.

personally, the second sounds nice, it can run from open to a few hours before the show, and can talk about whats going on with the park.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    my interpretation... it might just be a simple ride around the lagoon without a track.... or it might have a second dock added and become a transportation device to control crowds like at Epcot.

personally, the second sounds nice, it can run from open to a few hours before the show, and can talk about whats going on with the park.
    Having a boat ride that would take you from one side of the lagoon to the other seems like a good idea. But in Al's update, he made it seem like there was only going to be one dock built. Where would the guests depart once they got to the other side of the lagoon? But I like your thought on that idea...it would be nice.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    As for the boat designs, no idea what you're thinking of. We've seen Paradise Pier boats in the lagoon before. Usually docked under the east bridge near Ariel's Grotto. But those look more modern.
    I got a shot of them in my last trip report....at least I think this is what you are all talking about?

To those of you who have been to Epcot's World Showcase, you can probably imagine what type of boatride they're planning....simple and basic, just like the one there. Probably just a means to get guests from one side of the lagoon to the other, just as at WS at Epcot.

As unexciting as it is, that's my prediction.

What the original poster is mentioning was a ride seen in a concept painting for the entire pier, back when California Screamin's launch was designed like a giant surf board rising out of the water. There was a tunnel in the coaster's structure where a tidal wave type boat had come down a chute and splashed down into the lagoon. I believe the concept for this ride would not have been a ride around the lagoon, but rather a showroom ride located where Midway Mania is being built and the final splash would come out of the coaster and into the lagoon before circumventing the sun wheel and Screamin launch to enter the showroom from under the walkway.

What the theme would have been we can only guess, but I kind of liked the idea of the ride. I always kind of thought Knotts should move their boardwalk area to the backstage area behind ghostrider, paint the backside of Ghostrider white and have the Perrilous Plunge travel through the scafolding and crash down into a lagoon against the coaster. Save space and gets the Roarin 20's section back.

But I digress. What the rest of you are talking about is the docking for the barges for the nighttime water show. This dock will be located around the queue for Sun Wheel and will be for the show, not for the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    What the original poster is mentioning was a ride seen in a concept painting for the entire pier, back when California Screamin's launch was designed like a giant surf board rising out of the water. There was a tunnel in the coaster's structure where a tidal wave type boat had come down a chute and splashed down into the lagoon. I believe the concept for this ride would not have been a ride around the lagoon, but rather a showroom ride located where Midway Mania is being built and the final splash would come out of the coaster and into the lagoon before circumventing the sun wheel and Screamin launch to enter the showroom from under the walkway.

What the theme would have been we can only guess, but I kind of liked the idea of the ride. I always kind of thought Knotts should move their boardwalk area to the backstage area behind ghostrider, paint the backside of Ghostrider white and have the Perrilous Plunge travel through the scafolding and crash down into a lagoon against the coaster. Save space and gets the Roarin 20's section back.

But I digress. What the rest of you are talking about is the docking for the barges for the nighttime water show. This dock will be located around the queue for Sun Wheel and will be for the show, not for the general public.
    Are you sure? Al said it was specifically, a plannned boat ride around the lagoon?
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post

The questions you bring up just point to how cheap this entire section
    of DCA was designed and built. ANY of the Boat rides in DL would still
    be far superior to the simple lame little boats they would float in that
    puddle. Money would be much better spent just bringing back the old
    motor boat cruise in DL. At least there you have some interesting canals!

How about making these boat in the puddle at DCA designed to look
    like large Swans. Then people on the shore could play Pirate and try
    to blast the Swan Boats with jet of water, and air cannons placed under
    water near the Swan Boat tracks, so the water would also shoot up.

OR give the Swan Boats the Power to Shoot Water at innocent
    bystanders watching from shore.

Ack this whole area was designed so poorly and stupidly (hey, that
    non word works perfectly, here) Just close down ALL of R66 and PP!
    Just tear it down, start from scratch, and make it look nicer, more vegetation, more interesting waterways, better viewing for any new attractions/shows. Get rid of the carney theme, and make it all an
    interesting New Orleans type area, but theme it to San Franscisco
    of the Gold Rush era to the late 1800's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast