Thread: New Monorail??

• Drunk On Disney!

New Monorail??

when will it start running???

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: New Monorail??

I haven't heard much lately, the original plan was to try and have them all ready by the summer, but that clearly won't happen. The last goal I heard of was to have one new Monorail (well, almost new, as they are reusing the frame) available for the Sub Lagoon Media event in June. But I am not even sure that will happen. Nothing I have heard from the rumor mill, and some Monorail CM's ask me about their status, so clearly they don't know either.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Beat the bruins!

So how many would that be total, and what colors?
    The Kid

• Collision speed....FULL!

The first Monorail, from what I heard, is suppose to arrive sometime next month. There will be only 3 of the new trains since only two will be running and only one will be on stand-by in the roundhouse , which creates no need for a fourth train. The colors are suppose to be red, orange and I think blue.

• It's all about Theme!

What I want to know is about all the nonsense at Wikipedia! The new name is supposedly the Disneyland Resort Line! Excuse Me? I don't think so!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    What I want to know is about all the nonsense at Wikipedia! The new name is supposedly the Disneyland Resort Line! Excuse Me? I don't think so!
    I have heard the same title from a few sources a bit more reliable than Wikipedia, so apparently it's not all nonsense. That is to say, it's not nonsense in that the information is true. The name, however, is nonsensical to every degree. People will still call it "the monorail" or "the Disneyland Monorail," I know I will.

• Koubu Pilot

One thing I wonder about is what the bodies will be made of. The Mark IIIs had metal bodies. I remember the Mark III sounding a little loud when it would pass by in the '80s. The Mark Vs have fiberglass bodies, making them lighter and quieter. If the rumors and pics on the interet hold true about the Mark III like retro design, what will the bodies be made of? And will they be using the new glass paint on the new monorails? We've all seen how bold and bright the lagoon appears with that beautiful new glass paint. If only there were a way to manipulate time...

• Sock Puppet

What is the latest pic of it now? I remember seeing it when it was in Canada, but that was months and months ago. Is there a more recent shot of the new monorail?

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    The first Monorail, from what I heard, is suppose to arrive sometime next month. There will be only 3 of the new trains since only two will be running and only one will be on stand-by in the roundhouse , which creates no need for a fourth train. The colors are suppose to be red, orange and I think blue.
    i seen purple, red and orange. i havent seen a blue one yet.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Ex-CM - Class of 89

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I have heard the same title from a few sources a bit more reliable than Wikipedia, so apparently it's not all nonsense. That is to say, it's not nonsense in that the information is true. The name, however, is nonsensical to every degree. People will still call it "the monorail" or "the Disneyland Monorail," I know I will.
    Apparently, Wikipedia is more reliable than we thing. Just giving you a hard time. I think they need to leave well enough alone.
    Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
    Former Cast Member - Class of 89

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Didn't Al make mention of the name change to the Disneyland Resort Line some time ago? It would be the more appropriate name if a certain third gate and monorail expansion was announced. But that is another can of worms that isn't going to have much information out now.