Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry Over-abundance of Walt Disney World labeled merchandise

I can't help but notice that in the last few weeks, I have spotted counteless t-shirt, stuff animals, toys, books, etc. with the Walt Disney World logo on it. I know that some stuff has both of the labels on it- and that is bad enough- but I am talking about merchandise that solely has the Walt Disney World logo written across the front or on the tags. And what about those cheap paper cups they now use with "Disneyland Resort" on one side and "Walt Disney World" on the other. What is really rediculous is that they appear to be shipping un-sold junk from Disney World out to Disneyland.

Is this what Rasulo is going to subject us to? Who are they kidding? For the premium prices they are asking for in the parks, they could at least be original and make resort-SPECIFIC merchandise. I guess this is the aftermath of his stupid global structure that fuses Disney World and Disneyland into one big property.

• Minion

Re: Over-abundance of Walt Disney World labeled merchandise

"Welcome to Disney Parks."

I have noticed this as well and it also bothers me very much. If guests are willing to shell out premium prices for merchandise with the sole purpose of remembering how fun their visit was, they should be entitled to having the name of the park which they visited emblazoned on the front.

• Banned User

Do they think that we don't notice this or that it won't matter?

• Minion

Well these days I'm surprised if guests can distinguish which park has Cinderella's Castle and which has Sleeping Beauty's Castle, as the commercials sure can't.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A couple weeks ago, my 8 year old son told me he saw some dinosaurs for sale at the Indiana Jones Store (our name for whatever that store is across from the Jungle Cruise). I thought, why would they be selling generic dinosaurs at DL? I went to check it out and they are dinosaurs from some ride at Animal Kingdom. If that's what he wants... Easter is coming, but it's just weird that they would be selling WDW merchandise at DL.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Well these days I'm surprised if guests can distinguish which park has Cinderella's Castle and which has Sleeping Beauty's Castle, as the commercials sure can't.
    People should know the difference, my 3 year old does and she has never been to WDW, but she knows that's where Cinderellas castle is, but you are right, many people dont know because its not represented well in advertising. And, I guess now that the Sleeping Beauty walk through is closed people dont make the connection.

ok back on topic

I have a major issue with the WDW only labled stuff at Disneyland. The cost differential to make two is minimal with the amount of items they procure and for the prices they charge. They have enough historical data as well to forecast the need in each park / resort to properly buy accordingly. And really if they are set on only doing one label, than at least do "Disney Resorts" and don't have WDW labeled merchandise at DL. Besides that just bad branding, especially from a company that has always had a good branding track record.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Simply put I usually buy something from the stores, needless to say that won't happen anymore until they remove these stupid products.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah I've been disturbed by this for nearly a decade now.

Remember those die-cast ride vehicles that they used to sell all over the place? Yah... a lot of those vehicles were WDW specific.

And I bet dollars to donuts they don't sell Disneyland specific stuff over there do they?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And I bet dollars to donuts they don't sell Disneyland specific stuff over there do they?
    Not special merchandise like you described, but during the 50th there was all that WDW "Happiest Celebration on Earth" (not "Homecoming") merchandise, which sold poorly so haha.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Remember those die-cast ride vehicles that they used to sell all over the place? Yah... a lot of those vehicles were WDW specific.

Stole the words right out of my mouth...
    <3 Chloe

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Yes, that really irritated me. Wouldn't it be great if they started selling Sub-related merchandise at WDW? Show them a thing or two! LOL

• Bring Your Own Redemption

On the merchandise, does the Disneyland Resort logo always go before Walt Disney World. Anyone know?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, we noticed this on Sunday as well. It seemed it was alot of the "Easter" merchandise.

We also saw they had the micro vehicles in the Small World shop. They had Test Track, Dinosaur, Spaceship earth, etc.

I was sad because I couldn't ride them.

Well, maybe not Dinosaur.

• Banned User

I'm sure Disneyland management doesn't have any say in the matter because Rasulo has centered the decision-making for Parks East and Parks West in Orlando.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Well a few weeks ago they came out with two pins for the yoamd and it featured Cinderella Castle! I was so mad at this that I will NOT purchase the pin. The two pins are really nice, but it says Disneyland Resort on the front and contains the DLR copyright backstamp, but still uses the stinkin' Cinderella Castle on our pin! It's horrible they can't even differentiate the pins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast