• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Grand CA Updates

Are there still plans to add DVC? And will this hotel get the flat screen TVs some of the WDW deluxe hotels are getting?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Re: Grand CA Updates

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    Are there still plans to add DVC? And will this hotel get the flat screen TVs some of the WDW deluxe hotels are getting?
    I believe all rooms at GCH have now changed over to the new flat screen TVs with DVD player, new CD players, and new mattresses. Let's just hope and pray they have expanded channel choices to go with the new TVs. Although, with being in the Parks all day, when would one find the time to channel surf, and watch DVDs anyway?

Anyway, here's a picture of the new Flat Screen TV and DVD player:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...8196801&size=m

(That's not my picture, by the way, just something I found)

I miss the branch design of the old armoire, however, other than the lack of branches---the style and wood finishings/knobs of the new ---nearly matches up with the original designs.

Here's a picture of the new CD players:

http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/23...121166974-M-LB

...and that one is from my album!

As for the adding on of a new wing.....I hope not, at least not until after my December trip. At those prices, the last thing they need is to force guests to endure construction noise and hassles. They have to figure out a way to do it with the least disruption. Probably should simply leave the hotel as is, and build an entirely new Hotel, with larger capacity, rather than risk annoying existing guests with construction turmoil.

• Minion

Re: Grand CA Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Here's a picture of the new CD players:

http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/23...121166974-M-LB
    ...and that one is from my album!
    They have the same cd players (minus the mickey stuff) at the Double Tree. They are nice and you can plug your MP3 player into them!