Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

The Anaheim Garden Walk

Okay so I'm not sure on all the details of the Anaheim Garden Walk, does Disneyland own this property? And what's going to be located inside the garden walk? Any finish date?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: The Anaheim Garden Walk

Disney does not own the Anaheim Garden Walk

Here is a link showing what the finished project will look like...

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

And the first phase is supposed to open in the Spring of 2008.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Lightbulb Re: The Anaheim Garden Walk

This website should help-

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

It's est. opening date is about a year from now, Spring 2008.

Exact details- http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/summary.html

Edit: eh, I figured someone would post at the same time I was.
    -Wes

go on that summory on the web page and look, at its location. Near disneys newly announced third park. I didnt know disney announced a third park. They must think Al is disney.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    go on that summory on the web page and look, at its location. Near disneys newly announced third park. I didnt know disney announced a third park. They must think Al is disney.
    Disney actually announced and then retracted information about a greatest hits type park years ago (before 9/11). At that time, "Garden Walk" was a concept called "Point Anaheim" which was to be a shopping corridor leading from Disneyland toward the proposed 3rd park. At that point, they had planned several big dining and shopping experiences along with an aquarium at Point Anaheim. Then the project stalled along with the poor performance of DCA, the downturn in the travel industry, and Disney's scrapping of the 3rd park concept. Eventually, Point Anaheim became the revised Garden Walk concept and was put back into development.

It has been theorized that Disney might try to put a hotel or in some other way block off the current resort gateway on Harbor Blvd. This would make it much more difficult for resort guests to get to the Garden Walk. It will be interesting to see how Disney reacts to possibly restrict access to this potential Downtown Disney threat.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

At first Disney was against Garden Walk, and now they are more or less for it, I guess.

I suppose it is bad for Disney if Garden Walk is hugely successful. But it is also bad if it flops and no one goes. Then it runs the risk of being a hangout for drug dealers, prostitutes, and the rest of the worst that society has to offer. Not something nice to have right across the street from the DLR.

• Cast Member

I'm puzzled.

Where do you get an idea that it will bring society's worst?

Even if Gardenwalk would fail, and it won't since it will already offer better things than Downtown Disney, Anaheim would deal with that before it went to ruins.

Do you think it's in the best interests of anyone to have something that brings that kind of bad crowd especially so close to DL?

God, Anaheim is far from perfect but you're making it sound like it's skid row.

Relax a little.

Bye.

• Banned User

Why didn't Disney buy this land?

Disney at one time did have the option on this land it was after Disney let their option laps that Point Anaheim was put together
    So who is that guy on the left?
    Why it's Santa! Ho, ho, ho
    http://www.npworkshop.com
    Or could it be Promo-Man?
    http://www.silentsalesmen.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I'm puzzled.

Where do you get an idea that it will bring society's worst?

Even if Gardenwalk would fail, and it won't since it will already offer better things than Downtown Disney, Anaheim would deal with that before it went to ruins.

Do you think it's in the best interests of anyone to have something that brings that kind of bad crowd especially so close to DL?

God, Anaheim is far from perfect but you're making it sound like it's skid row.

Relax a little.

Bye.
    You totally misinterpreted what I was saying...

It's not good for Disney if it is a huge success or if it is a failure. Disney doesn't own the property, and they probably are not too happy with it there in that it provides competition to Downtown Disney. On the flip side, I don't think Disney or Anaheim wants this place to be a ghost town. Neither is good for either party. Anaheim loses tax revenue, and Disney has a run down shopping center next door.

Forget the prostitutes and drug dealers. I was being a bit emphatic. No one wants to see it fail, but also I hate to see the effect it has on Disney if it is a huge success.

• Cast Member

Fair enough.

But I'm all in favor of the Garden Walk.

Anything to make Disney look hard and figure out what they could have done with such limited space as Downtown Disney, or with the Garden Walk space itself is a good thing.

It will raise the bar for both.

And of course, it's Disney's fault for not utilizing the area right next to them.

Bye.

• Dreaming of Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Fair enough.

But I'm all in favor of the Garden Walk.

Anything to make Disney look hard and figure out what they could have done with such limited space as Downtown Disney, or with the Garden Walk space itself is a good thing.

It will raise the bar for both.

And of course, it's Disney's fault for not utilizing the area right next to them.

Bye.
    I feel the same way. It is good that Garden Walk is going up close to Disney. The reason Disney added DCA and Downtown Disney was to get better hotels and such to move to the resort. To make the place a good destination resort. Garden Walk will help do this and if the 3rd park opens and the parking structure is where they say it is going to be, then Garden Walk will be a huge success because it will be right between the two. What I am trying to say is that I think that Disney want good quality entertainment around DL to make it a destination resort. Even if it isnt owned by Disney.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• A guy walks into a bar...

I must admit, after viewing the renderings at the website, I much more excited about this project than I was before. It looks very impressive! It'll be interesting to watch the transformation of the site during my daily trips to and from K-lot.

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but how might the success of Anaheim's "Platinum Triangle" concept also affect the DLR? It's only two or three miles away and encompasses the stadium, Honda Center and what they still hope will be an NFL stadium there...along with condos and more shopping/dining, etc...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• insufferable know-it-all

All I know is they keep setting dates for that thing, and somehow, year after year, it still sits there. Count me a skeptic on construction being completed by the current deadline.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast