Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

March 27th visit . Picture Heavy!!

I wanted to surprise my daughter by taking her to Disneyland. She always knows when we are going.. So that day was going to be different. We stopped off at Taco Bell for some lunch on Harbor. Driving down Harbor off to the right she sees The Tower.. "Mommy!!! Disssseylaaand!" I told her that was her surprise. Looking in the mirror she had her mouth hung open and said, "I am so exctied Mommy! I just can't wait!!! Thank you!!"

I loved seeing her so excited and hearing her that way! It was awesome. So we head into the parking structure and parked on Goofy. That was at noon. So I knew that day was going to be busy. Usually when I get there I'm on Mickey. I went there with the mindset that we have all day long to take our time.

A look down to the tram lines..

First ride of the day she wants to do it Monsters Inc.. Which is fine by me, get DCA out of the way.

While waiting in line (yes, a line for Monsters Inc. I saw this and thought it looked good.

Back to the ride..

I love the smell through here.

Don't mind the blurryness. You get the idea. LoL

I've never watched the Muppet's 3D show. So figured, we're right here. Why not? The show was just ending as we walked up. So I was talking to the girl at the counter about the weather. She was telling me the wind wasn't helping her allergies out. I stated, At least it's not raining... We head into the show.

My daughter wasn't liking the idea that everything was flying at her face So when Miss Piggy starts singing we get up to leave. The man letting us out told us to be carefull, it's raining outside. Wonderful. I get to our stroller which was over by Monsters Inc getting wet. Grrrrrrrrreat. My cell phone is going off the whole time. I head to the bathroom and stay out of the rain. I was there for about 5 minutes, and figure, screw it.. let's head to Disneyland. Yea, the rain was gone. It rained enough to get everything wet. People started sliding all over the streets. I was waiting for some to fall.

So we headed over to Disneyland..

Lookin a little busy there..

Tried to get window shots, but to many people standing in front of them and the reflection wasn't making it easy.

Wanted to do some shopping, but didn't see anything I really wanted..

So back down Main St.

First ride in Disneyland is always Buzz. My daughter LOVES it!

We got out and she saw this..

"What's that mommy?"
    "Nothing babe. It's nothing. "

Headed over to the castle..

Soooo cute. They even had security standing around them.

Love seeing the swans there!

Into Fantasyland..

I wish they'd put the apple back.

Cleaned the change out recently..

A view of Peter Pan while still in line for Snow White.

Ride with me Mommy!!

Merlin!

More to come..

Re: March 27th visit . Picture Heavy!!

Headed over to ToonTown. Wanted to ride Roger Rabbits Cartoon spin.. But as soon as we walked up, it was shut down.

Back to the Castle again.

NOS.. Caught Quenie (I think that's her name)

I wanted to ride Pirates, but the line was to long for a 3 year old. At least mine. She would be irratated before we even made it anywhere close to the entrance.

So off to Haunted Mansion. I love when it's a walk on.

Over to Haunted Mansion.

Over to my daughter's favorite. Winne the Pooh.. A little tip of Splash..

Pooh was making his way to the picture area.. That little girl you see there.. poor thing was seriously being pulled by her mom following Pooh! I felt so bad for her. Her little legs were having a hard time keeping up.

Jungle Cruise..

I swear he's laughing at us..

During the whole ride. This couple was in the middle. Making out, her chest hanging out for everyone to see. Finally she decided to button up.

You would think people would have more class. Guess not.

Yes, I went picture happy with the Castle and the Matterhorn... haha

Back to Buzz Lightyear. For the 3rd time.

Ohh yea. The first time we got off Buzz. The Dream Squad or Team whatever they are called, we handing out prizes. We got lanyards that say year of the million dreams with two pins on them of Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Goofy dressed in the YOMD costumes. Second time we have won something from the contest. It may not be much. But it's always cool to get something for free. haha

My battery died in the camera. Must have been all those Castle and Matterhorn pictures. All in all, We had a great time!! Going with the attitude of knowing there was going to be a lot of people, and just taking our time because we had all day was perfect.

I love the photos, and thank you for sharing them, but the captions seem so pessimistic (crowds, dissing DCA, a line for Monsters Inc., Muppet problems, the rain, cell phones, wet walkways, window glare, shopping hastles, dissing the Orbitron). I hope you and your daughter have fun despite yourself. I find visiting any theme park on more or less crowded days and in different kinds of weather to all be different experiences, but still fun in their own ways. It just takes a different outlook to deal with crowds, weather, and unexpected mishaps. It's what you make of the experience instead of letting it dictate how you experience it that matters.

Edit: I wrote this as you were posting the second batch of pictures. After reading your final sentence, I guess you had fun after all. It just didn't come across that way to me in the first set.

• World Traveler

Great pictures! I love the color in them.

• I love this place!

These are gorgeous! I wish I could pop-in like this, but 357 miles away, always have to plan ahead. Thanks so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by gardener14 View Post
    I love the photos, and thank you for sharing them, but the captions seem so pessimistic (crowds, dissing DCA, a line for Monsters Inc., Muppet problems, the rain, cell phones, wet walkways, window glare, shopping hastles, dissing the Orbitron). I hope you and your daughter have fun despite yourself. I find visiting any theme park on more or less crowded days and in different kinds of weather to all be different experiences, but still fun in their own ways. It just takes a different outlook to deal with crowds, weather, and unexpected mishaps. It's what you make of the experience instead of letting it dictate how you experience it that matters.

Edit: I wrote this as you were posting the second batch of pictures. After reading your final sentence, I guess you had fun after all. It just didn't come across that way to me in the first set.
    We had a blast. Like I had said. I went with the mind frame that I knew it was going to be busy. So I was taking my time, and not rushing or anything. How was I dissing DCA? There isn't much for us to do there. We ride the sun wheel, and Monsters Inc then leave. No where did I see us dissing it at all. There were NO muppet problems. I stated my daughter got scared from the 3D. She's three years old, first time seeing it, so she started crying so we left. No big deal. It wasnt a problem from the show. Cell phones, I was saying that while I was trying to get to the stroller without getting to wet, my phone was going off like crazy. Again, not complaining, just stating. Window glare.. that's a just the way it is. I just said that because I wanted to get as many pictures of them as I could, but that was the reason I couln't. Shopping hastles? Because I didn't see anything I wanted, that was a hastle? I think you just read it wrong. I had a great time. And had NO problems at all. I have a great time everytime I go to the parks.

Thanks for looking!

• I am a Pluto lover

Wow! What fun your day looks like! These were so great! I have never noticed the squirrel on the castle like that. I love the look on your daughters face during Buzz.

Thank you so much for sharing! I cant wait to get there. I would love to be able to just walk onto HM.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Like I said...it didn't come across that way to me in the first post, so I edited it after reading your second post and the final sentence. Apparently what came across as complaining to me was not your intention. Perhaps it's a combination of how I read it and how you wrote it. Either way, I realized it's no big deal, so I tried to amend my post accordingly. I'm glad you had fun, and I enjoyed the pictures.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I always love looking at Disneyland photos from other people's views since I can't get out there. Thanks for sharing. Your photos look great and you have such a cute little girl. What fun to go to Disneyland on your birthday!

I understand. It's hard to know the tone a person has over the internet. Glad you enjoyed the pictures

• Banned User

Awesome photos. You took photos of everything. Thanks!

Glad you guys liked them

• Beep Beep!

Awesome castle pics!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Thank you

cute pictures. thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast