Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Meet The Robinsons - Peoplemover

Hey guys, there's a thread from a few days ago on the same subject with a lot of photo references and even a poll!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...s+people+mover

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Dreaming of Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if the public embraces or ignores this film. To me it looks bland and forgettable--box office will probably determine whether it (MTR) has a future in DL, other than brief appearances of face characters...
    Obviosly you havnt seen it because it was a GREAT movie. One of my most favorite Disney movies. I would like to go back and see it again. I recommend anyone to go see it. My grandma even liked it. I think that the peoplemover from the movie would make for a great one in DL.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    Obviosly you havnt seen it because it was a GREAT movie. One of my most favorite Disney movies. I would like to go back and see it again. I recommend anyone to go see it. My grandma even liked it. I think that the peoplemover from the movie would make for a great one in DL.
    With all due respect Tyler2cfhs being that it just opened today, more people haven't seen it than have seen it.

We are going to have to wait to see if this movie is a hit. I hope so but as of this moment no one knows...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    With all due respect Tyler2cfhs being that it just opened today, more people haven't seen it than have seen it.

We are going to have to wait to see if this movie is a hit. I hope so but as of this moment no one knows...
    Exactly. So far though, I've seen a mix of reviews. Most critics are averaging it around a 7 out of 10. Although, I was a bit worried when my trusty site gave it a 6. I'll be seeing it tommorow just because it looks better than Blades of Glory and I already saw Reign Over Me and TMNT.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    hehe anything is better than an empty track
    Agreed!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    "Fantasia" was a "GREAT" animated film. To me personally this MTR looks like kiddie fodder, but everyone will have their own opinion concerning it whether they see it, or not.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    "Fantasia" was a "GREAT" animated film. To me personally this MTR looks like kiddie fodder, but everyone will have their own opinion concerning it whether they see it, or not.
    Fantasia is one of the greatest films made, but it was a flop when it was first released. It finally gained popularity during a re-release in the 1960's when it was finally understood by all the drugged-out hippies! LOL

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Fantasia is one of the greatest films made, but it was a flop when it was first released. It finally gained popularity during a re-release in the 1960's when it was finally understood by all the drugged-out hippies! LOL
    Exactly my point! Just being a GREAT movie isn't enough when marketing is concerned. In most cases it's not even a pre-requisite!!

Loved the movie. Saw it in 3D on Saturday in a crowded theater. I also saw the peoplemover and instantly thought about it being a new ride at DL. I think it would fit much better than Incredibles in Tomorrowland. Even if MTR doesn't do huge mega bucks at the box office they should still use the design from MTR and have lots of different things to look at on the ride. I would prefer the new Peoplemover not just be about one animated movie and its characters.

• U. B. Bold

Saw it last night and loved it. Very upbeat and optomistic view of the future and as much fun for me as it was for my nine year old son. I even got a teary eyed moment at the end when a famous quote by Walt Disney was used as an epilogue. People in the audience actually cheered! I have to believe that's JL's influence as it wouldn't have been done just a few years back.

As to the topic at hand, Disney could do far worse (and has) in looking for a model for Tomorrowland. The film shows a bright, clean, fun and optomistic future; a true 'World on the Move'. The PMs shown in the film do look hot (as in warm inside), but the overall retro-futuristic look of the City of Tomorrow would make an ideal model for Tomorrowland even without any overt refferences to the film, or regardless of the film being a big hit or not.

But given the crowd's response last night, I'll be suprized if Meet the Robinsons doesn't become a new Disney classic.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Beach Expert

The futuristic look of the city in MTR really isn't that unique. I think they got the idea from a non-Disney science fiction movie done in the 30s. The name escapes me at this moment -- maybe it is Things To Come, I don't remember -- but the art deco motifs utilized in the city's archetecture in MTR are modeled after this movie, I would think.

That being stated I do think TL needs a major overhaul. I don't think they should follow the MTR city too closely only because of its references to this old science fiction movie that I mentioned. But I think there are a lot of ideas that they could utilize to take TL and make it both futuristic and optimistic, which it both badly needs.

The style is okay, but I don't think MTR vision of the future is the TL we should be striving for, MTR's future actually bored me for the most part. But as far as a design for an enclosed peoplemover, that's fine.

I agree that if the new PM is to be based on either The Incredibles or MTR, it should definitely be the MTR design chosen. I think a lot of that will have to do with how well the movie fares.

Like the others here who have actually seen the film, I wholeheartedly agree that it was a great movie. Much better than anything that came out of Disney in recent years, and almost Pixar quality. The huge cast and bouncy plot was handled quite well and I loved the nod to Walt at the end. It turned out to be very heartwarming as well. And I went it to theatre with little to no expectations, considering the terrible marketing Disney has provided it. Trust me, it they pushed the movie enough, combined with the good word of mouth MTR is sure to get, this really could be a blockbuster for Disney.

And you can't really compare Fantasia with MTR; they are two vastly different types of films, from completely different generations. Go see the movie before you prejudge it based on crappy trailers.
    - Paul

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

If they go with MTR vehicle, they should have that
    "Todayland" music in the vehicles, too!

They could even do some Robinson vehicle and
    some Incredible pods, both!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If the PeopleMover goes through as the IncrediPods I may loose some serious faith in Disney. The Incredibles had no pods, they were Syndrome's. Meet the Robinsons actually takes place, partly, in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12