Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What to do with Fantasyland?

Well, How does Winnie the Pooh fit inside Fantasyland in WDW?

• The Delicate Tinkerbell

I'd take out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I've never been too big on that ride. It's too loud, too scary for little one's, and all in all just not so great. Not sure on what I'd replace it with though.

• Minion

If I had to do something, I would get rid of Pinocchio and replace it with a Beauty and the Beast darkride.
    The daydream princess

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
    I'd take out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I've never been too big on that ride. It's too loud, too scary for little one's, and all in all just not so great. Not sure on what I'd replace it with though.
    NEVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I never said there was.

I made this thread for fun, not as a comment about the state of Fantasyland. Why not read what the thread is about before posting? If you guys don't want to use your own imaginations, then that's your own problem.
    Funny, I thought the title of your topic said "what to do with Fantasyland." I said nothing needs to be done and that was my opinion, why is that hard to comprehend?

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan17 View Post
    how huge?

the snow white show building isnt that big

Correct! Why else does our Snow White ride NOT have a real ending scene?

The Queen/Witch dies, and then all of a sudden Snow White's alive and happily ever after? Talk about a gap in story

I don't think I would take out anything though. I love Pinocchio, Peter pan (doesn't everyone?). Mt Toad, I think the problem is that the film itself doesn't have the kind of attention it should get. It risks the fate of many other films that were talked about in the "unloved characters" thread.

I would love to see some more dark rides. I think they need to expand some more. I think I talked about in another thread, but Toontown needs to either be moved, scratched, or redone entirely. That seems to be the only way to expand.
    Last edited by sorceress1986; 03-31-2007 at 02:08 PM.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Queen of Sarcasm

I don't really think anything needs to be done with it as it is fine right now which is my opinion.

But since I should put something here I would get rid of Peter Pan, figure out a way to get it a higher capacity and once that is done put some newer effects in there but basically keeping it the same. Then open it up with a faster line and without FP. That way none of us have to wait in a huge line like always.

I would NOT get rid of any Fantasyland attractions. The Fantasyland theatre is a huge space that could easily house at least 2 new dark ride attractions.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Your last post seems to show that you understand what the thread is about now. Thanks.

I don't feel that any attractions should be taken away from Fantasyland...it's just a "what if" game that potentially Imgaineers are challenged with sometimes.

• Supermom

I always thought Little Mermaid would make a great dark ride. Great music, neat underwater setting, colorful characters. But I wouldn't remove any other rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Since they destroyed the Fantasyland Theater and turned it into that gawd-awful "princess" make-over what-ever-the-hell-it-is. Finish the job and rip it out, put in at least one new attraction in the space. Move Snow White over there, and put Sleeping Beauty in the space left by Snow White. Think about it - You could pass by the 7 Dwarves cottage in the queue.

Much better use of the space than that spoiled brat area that is there now. Disney would just have to learn to get by on 50 less bucks per princess...
    How about we put the Super Happy Lucky Princess' adventure Express to the Fantasyland Theather? lol Basically all of the Disney Princesses are throwing a big party and we are invited, but chaos endures due to some party crashers, Disney's Fairies and the cast of Super Star Limo.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    Ok.. I would take away that Toad's Wild Ride adventure.. solely for the reason that it terrified me as a child.. haha..
    I too was terrified by Mr. Toad as a child. Actually it is still slightly terrifying. And actually so is Snow White. And Pinocchio. And Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin.

Ok well aside from my apparent fear of dark rides, I think the idea for a Sleeping Beauty one is awesome, especially if it included a big dragon finale with some cool special effects. I am particularly fond of that dragon...

An Aladdin magic carpet ride is also a great idea. Some would say it would be too similar to Peter Pan's Flight, but I would love to see another implementation of the whole flying through the night over the world below thing. It amazes me every time, even thought its very simple.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
    I always thought Little Mermaid would make a great dark ride. Great music, neat underwater setting, colorful characters. But I wouldn't remove any other rides.
    On the DVD Bonus features there is a virtual ride-thru of the "ride that never was."

But on that note I have always thought that a boat ride of LM would be cool....the boat is a giant shell, and you travel past key points in the plot. Lots of bubbles and music and colors. But then the ride turns suddenly dark, and you see Ariel going to see the old sea witch, and you go down a drop. You see her on land but everything is muted and dark, and the "kiss the girl" scene is just them about to kiss then their boat flipping over. You see the wedding scene, and suddenly Ursula is turned into the giant monster which you come face to face with at the top of a huge hill, then have a giant drop as she screams in pain and defeat. Last scene would be the wedding and a reprise of "Under The Sea."
    I planned it out a loooong time ago. I had sketches of the boat and everything.

But other than that I don't think I'd change anything....I can't think of anythign worth changing...
    dreams. come. true.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    Ok.. I would take away that Toad's Wild Ride adventure.. solely for the reason that it terrified me as a child.. haha..
    If you go along with that reasoning Disney would have to take out the only thing to scare me - Captain E-O. Oh wait, it's already gone!

Mr. Toad is already gone from WDW. But it must stay at Disneyland. It's too amazing!

I would replace Mr. Toads as well I dont think it fits with the theme of fantasy land...Snow White, Peter Pan, Pinocchio they are all fairy tales. Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, or even the Little Mermaid would be great additions!

C'mon everybody, here we go!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast