Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• U. B. Bold

Re: What to do with Fantasyland?

If I were King of Disneyland, here's what I'd do:

1) Build the Little Mermaid darkride from the DVD in the old Motorboat Cruise area.

2) Take out the FL theater and replaice it with a Beauty and the Beast darkride (best music of any Disney film ever).

3) Use the old Skyway station area and the rest of the FL theater area for a new and improved Pooh's Hunny Hunt with the Tokyo DL ride system (the current locataion of Pooh could then be returned to the Country Bears or re-imagineered into a new attraction).

4) Re-theme the Toontown train station back to Fantasyland.

5) Remove Toontown (the lawyers have taken most of the fun out of it anyway) and re-theme the space as Neverland, complete with Cap'n Hook's Pirate Ship, Skull Rock, Peter and the Lost Boys' Hideout, Mermaid Lagoon and Indian Village. A Flying Pirate Ship ride, like a smaller version of the old Skyway, could be built to take guests up and over the berm from a London themed station in Fantasyland to the new Neverland section.

6) Re-imagineer a better Snow White story and build it where Peter Pan is now.

7) Build a new Sleeping Beauty attraction (complete with dragon) where Snow White is now.
    Last edited by BigThunder; 04-01-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Supermom

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    5) Remove Toontown (the lawyers have taken most of the fun out of it anyway) and re-theme the space as Neverland, complete with Cap'n Hook's Pirate Ship, Skull Rock, Peter and the Lost Boys' Hideout, Mermaid Lagoon and Indian Village. A Flying Pirate Ship ride, like a smaller version of the old Skyway, could be built to take guests up and over the berm from a London themed station in Fantasyland to the new Neverland section.
    This is a fabulous idea!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    If I were King of Disneyland, here's what I'd do:

1) Build the Little Mermaid darkride from the DVD in the old Motorboat Cruise area.

2) Take out the FL theater and replaice it with a Beauty and the Beast darkride (best music of any Disney film ever).

3) Use the old Skyway station area and the rest of the FL theater area for a new and improved Pooh's Hunny Hunt with the Tokyo DL ride system (the current locataion of Pooh could then be returned to the Country Bears or re-imagineered into a new attraction).

4) Re-theme the Toontown train station back to Fantasyland.

6) Re-imagineer a better Snow White story and build it where Peter Pan is now.

7) Build a new Sleeping Beauty attraction (complete with dragon) where Snow White is now.
    Love your ideas! (I would want to keep/upgrade Roger, though )

I never fully understood why they had to make ToonTown...why not just an extension of Fantasyland or something? Then we could have more awesome dark rides and such, instead of lawyers coming in and making the whole place impossible to interact with for kids

I think we can think that perhaps a Little Mermaid dark ride will appear in the Motorboat Cruise lagoon...it would be the perfect place for it, IMO.

Beauty and the Beast deserves some appreciation. That's the only Disney animated film that got nominated for Best Picture, and rightfully so.

Tokyo's Pooh ride makes ours look like a joke, IMO It would be a great upgrade.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Since the Sleeping Beauty walk-thru has been closed, I suppose she deserves a Dark Ride. But what I would like to see go in the most is an Adventures of Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hollow Dark Ride. I imagine Snow White would be the one "to go" since this is the scenario that's been proposed.

Take out Mr. Toads. If this ride was built today it would receive worse reviews than Poo. All it is is a bunch of plywood painted cutouts.

• Someone's excited!

4 words:
    Marry Poppins dark ride!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123