Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

What to do with Fantasyland?

Walt did not intend for Disneyland's Fantasyland attractions to be copied at WDW...he had some other concepts being worked on, but due to his death and everything else, those ideas for the most part were abandoned.

So, just for fun, I thought I would pose this question to you all: If a Fantasyland dark ride had to be removed for whatever reason, which one would you pick, and what would you put in it's place?

Myself personally, I would wave goodbye to Snow White, and place a Sleeping Beauty dark ride there instead...the climax being a huge dragon Maleficent AA breathing fire at you and Phillip!

Re: What to do with Fantasyland?

how huge?

the snow white show building isnt that big

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• Banned User

I can't imagine any of the dark rides being removed, but, would love to see an additional dark ride like Sleeping Beauty!!

• Koubu Pilot

At least give Snow White a rewrite so that the ending makes better sense. We never even get to see Snow White passed out. The kiss between her and the prince is a key moment that should appear.

I don't think I would remove any of them though.

I've always felt that they could tear out the old Fantasyland Skyway Station and build a Sleeping Beauty themed dark ride/coaster much like The Mummy (though I had this idea before Mummy existed). Imagine if you will: dark ride through scenes of Sleeping Beauty as the forest grows darker and darker you find yourself in the thorn brush and down a long hall in front of you Maleficent appears. She speaks the "Now you'll deal with me oh prince..." line and as she screams "hell!" you launch into the coaster which is all black, green and purple (ie looks like the dragon). I've put WAAAY too much thought into what I've unltimately titled "Maleficent's Fury".
    Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

• Merry 2014!

I think they should have this flying ride, where you get into a vehicle shaped like an elephant, and you start flying around and there is this mouse. . .

Ohhhhhhhh, nevermind.

Well then, how about this ride where you shrink and go through a rabbit hole and all these flowers start singing and . . . .

Hmmmm? Really? Sigh.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

What to do with Fantasyland?
    Umm, nothing. There's no problems with it.

• I was deleted.

Last time I checked the were NOT copied at ALL at Magic Kingdom. Sure, they were inspired by the originals, but they do have different settings and such. A great example of this is Snow White. They are complete opposites in terms of length, AAs, etc.

I don't think that those ideas were just 100% abandoned, because they did create new aspects to the park (Space Moutain anyone) and even the classic dark rides of Fantasyland ended up being different.

But if you mean for a new attraction for Disneyland's Fantasyland? I think having that many attractions is great! I only wish WDW had that many in Fantasyland. I can tell you that I don't want to see PhilarMagic die in Disneyland. I've said this before and so has Kevin Yee recently, theater attractions don't have a long life - especially at Disneyland witn 80% repeate guests.

I agree the only dark ride that I would tear out would be Snow White. Replacing it with a Sleeping Beauty attraction is a great idea because of the proximity to the castle. Maybe you could combine the Snow White show building with the old castle walk through space and create a unique attraction based on Sleeping Beauty. Maybe a dark ride/walk through combo? Maybe one large walk through attraction similar to the Alice attraction that was never built. Has anyone seen the plans for this? (I have a pic of it, but cannot figure out how to upload.)

• Minion

I wouldn't tear out any of the classic Fantasyland rides, but I would dearly LOVE to see a Sleeping Beauty attraction at Disneyland.

In fact, that is the perfect story on which to base a spectacular Fantasyland E Ticket, located in the Skyway/Ranch area or replacing Fantasyland Theatre/Videopolis.

Escape with Phillip from Maleficent's dungeon, past her guards, the flaming forest of thorns and finally the dragon to awaken Aurora. It's the ideal scenario to bewitch multiple generations of Disneylanders (and would market itself!). The ride should be part thrill with full immersion into the Eyvind Earle style kingdom of the film, something like Spider-Man at IOA would be SO cool!!!

• Circle of Ancients

They could EASILY fit 2 Fantasyland style dark rides in the festival arena, with one entering from the Skyway and one where the fruit cart is at Casey Jr's exit. That area back there is HUGE!!!!

Now as to what should be there ... IMO, a Sleeping beauty ride wouldn't go there. Why??? It's Sleeping Beauty CASTLE. Having a Sleeping Beauty ride that far from the castle wouldn't make any sense.

Now, what I think could be done is get rid of Snow White, it needs to be re-imagineered anyway. Turn that ride into the Sleeping Beauty ride. You could even possibly move the entrance so you enter from inside the castle, but even if not, it's close enough to the castle entrance that it makes sense.

As for the 2 rides in the Festival Arena ... I'd want the Little Mermaid ride for one. It's already been imagineered and would be awesome. As for #2, you could put the re-imagineered Snow White there. Or something that is popular but not represented. Something like Beauty and the Beast or something.

Take out the Fantasyland Theatre and you could add another 2 rides to Fantasyland, or combine that with the Festival arena and make a nice big E-ticket Fantasyland attraction.

Or quite possibly have an entrance from Big Thunder Ranch and have a ride be based on something else Frontierland based.

• Down Pluto!

Since they destroyed the Fantasyland Theater and turned it into that gawd-awful "princess" make-over what-ever-the-hell-it-is. Finish the job and rip it out, put in at least one new attraction in the space. Move Snow White over there, and put Sleeping Beauty in the space left by Snow White. Think about it - You could pass by the 7 Dwarves cottage in the queue.

Much better use of the space than that spoiled brat area that is there now. Disney would just have to learn to get by on 50 less bucks per princess...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    Umm, nothing. There's no problems with it.
    I never said there was.

I made this thread for fun, not as a comment about the state of Fantasyland. Why not read what the thread is about before posting? If you guys don't want to use your own imaginations, then that's your own problem.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Ok.. I would take away that Toad's Wild Ride adventure.. solely for the reason that it terrified me as a child.. haha..

And replace it with something Aladdin.. like.. a magic carpet ride.. cuz I love me the Aladdin!

• Minion

>>Now as to what should be there ... IMO, a Sleeping beauty ride wouldn't go there. Why??? It's Sleeping Beauty CASTLE. Having a Sleeping Beauty ride that far from the castle wouldn't make any sense.<<

It would if the attraction is the climax of Sleeping Beauty and the facade is Maleficent's domain in the forbidden mountains. Phillip must escape Maleficent's dungeon within and ride to Aurora's rescue. Now that ride and structure would be a cool addition to the park!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast