Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Quality not quantity

Gradnight - What effect during the day?

What effect do Gradnights have on park attendance during the day?

Do grads come out for the day and then the night, or is attendance actually down in the park during the day?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Gradnight - What effect during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post

Do grads come out for the day and then the night, or is attendance actually down in the park during the day?
    There's no effect.

As far as I know, most if not all schools require that the students travel together via buses over to DLR together with their chaperones. They can't just meet their chaperones there...they all have to ride together or they aren't allowed in.

• Circle of Ancients

When I went to GradNite a group of us ended up going back to Disneyland the next day. So it may or may not make a difference depending on how many psycho kids don't mind not getting any sleep.

Nothing like sitting at Denny's at 7:00am, tired from being up 24 hours already and someone saying "Let's go back to Disneyland today" and like 15 kids saying ... "okay".

And then actually going. LOL!!!!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    There's no effect.

I was thinking that since the park closes early, some SoCal locals might decide to skip coming in favor of a day with more hours....
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When I went to GradNite a group of us ended up going back to Disneyland the next day. So it may or may not make a difference depending on how many psycho kids don't mind not getting any sleep.

Nothing like sitting at Denny's at 7:00am, tired from being up 24 hours already and someone saying "Let's go back to Disneyland today" and like 15 kids saying ... "okay".

And then actually going. LOL!!!!
    That might work with locals, but for those coming out of town, you have to be on the bus (not at Denny's) at a specific time. Many head to Universal after the night at Disneyland, while the rest usually take the long busride home.

As for more or less APs, don't know why they would skip a day because of 2 less hours if they live that close and Wed are one of the quieter days.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I was thinking that since the park closes early, some SoCal locals might decide to skip coming in favor of a day with more hours....
    They don't close ridiculously early compared to the times that they usually close...it doesn't take that long for them to set up. Disneyland closing hours always vary. I feel they close early when it's 8 pm, but that's the time Disneyland has set, and it isn't because of some event going on. Looking at the calendar, the park closes at 9 pm...big whoop. It's Thursday evenings...those that would want to actually visit the park at such an obscure time would know that the park was going to close early.

I feel that this thread is just going to be a bash-teens thread, and well, I'm not much in favor of that...

• Quality not quantity

I feel that this thread is just going to be a bash-teens thread, and well, I'm not much in favor of that...

Where did that come from? I take it there is a history of Teen bashing around here?

-Mark Twain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Where did that come from? I take it there is a history of Teen bashing around here?
    Oh haha, I wasn't saying that you were doing so, but yes, this board has a large history of it...along with hatred of strollers, etc.

I've been to two Grad Nites...the second time around, three of my friends got left at Disneyland by their bus and chaperones...that was a mess. But they didn't just stay in the park. They ended up with Disneyland security...blah.

• Minion

Wink Re: Gradnight - What effect during the day?

Oh haha, I wasn't saying that you were doing so, but yes, this board has a large history of it...along with hatred of strollers, etc.

I've been to two Grad Nites...the second time around, three of my friends got left at Disneyland by their bus and chaperones...that was a mess. But they didn't just stay in the park. They ended up with Disneyland security...blah.
    Hey, you've got things all wrong.

Those anti-stroller threads were 'Bash Toddler" threads.

• Minion

Don't know about that but you may see some wiped-out Cast members.

Scheduling has a nasty habit of scheduling late afternoon or evening shifts for CM's on the same day as they have just gotten off a Grad Night at 6:30 or 7 AM in the morning.
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 03-31-2007 at 10:50 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just a reminiscence...back in the Stone Age when I worked in the park, I used to work the lion's share of Grad Night shifts. In my job in the New Orleans Main Kitchen, that meant a shift of 9pm-5:30 AM...the Blue Bayou and all the area restaurants were open for business.

They used to have grad nights as I recall on Wed, Thurs and Friday nights in those days.

The worst part was working three of those in a row, losing sleep each time cuz I couldn't get used to the hours...getting home at 6:30 AM Saturday and then being scheduled for a regular Saturday night 3:30pm "night" shift, with the park really busy!

The memories of youth.

As for my own Grad night...well, I had a fever of 102 degrees and barely sat through the ceremony at Garden Grove High. So I missed my own grad night.

Them's the breaks.

No teen-bashing here!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Basking in birthday love

Amen to the wiped out CMs. I worked four Grad Nites last year, and for the last one, I was scheduled a 2:00 parade shift after I'd gotten off at 7:00 that morning. I didn't even bother going to sleep. That was fun.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Amen to the wiped out CMs. I worked four Grad Nites last year, and for the last one, I was scheduled a 2:00 parade shift after I'd gotten off at 7:00 that morning. I didn't even bother going to sleep. That was fun.
    hah, they are doing that NOW let alone, then :\

i got off at 12:00AM last sunday night and started at 8:30AM. I still slept but for like only 4 hours. BOOOO!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    hah, they are doing that NOW let alone, then :\

i got off at 12:00AM last sunday night and started at 8:30AM. I still slept but for like only 4 hours. BOOOO!
    Well, yeah. Double-back is double-back, and is even more annoying when it's almost double-back, where you get neither the sleep nor the extra pay that compensates for the lack of sleep. But it's especially brutal going from third shift to another shift.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Dont make me unfriend you

I used to like working Grad Nights. But then again, midnight to 8:00 am was my normal shift. It was fun for me, cuz I rarely saw guests in the park, or "norma" CM's.

I remember one Grad Night, my friend and I were in the Inn Between for lunch. The Inn Between was packed! So, we shared the table with a few CM's who normally work in the day shift. One of them was fighting to keep awake. He looked at us and asked, "How in the heck do you eat chicken at 4 am?"

I thoughtit was funny at the time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast