• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Exclamation A little rant of mine...please read

I have a little rant about two things in Tomorrowland...please bear with me.

First is Innoventions. People say it is so bad. Okay, it's NOT the Carousel of Progress. It's NOT America Sings. It is not up the quality of either of these two shows. But, Innoventions is not bad in its own right. I think it is cool to explore technology, and Innoventions is an awful lot better than the office space that was there for a decade before it.

I'm sure if they did close Innoventions, we would probably get some Pixar-character-laden junk, which is NOT any better...

Second is HISTA. People rag on it way too much. Yes, it's old and dated, and it probably needs to either be redone or removed. But then I hear people crying out for Captain EO? Captain EO was 11 years old, and quite dated, when it closed in April 1997. The only reason people want it back is because we have not seen it in awhile. It would get old again.

I do want to say I don't know what to replace HISTA with, but I don't think it is that dire. I'm sure people that don't go to Disneyland much are still enjoying it, which means it is not totally dead yet. When they do replace HISTA, I would either say something TOTALLY original (and NOT cartoony at ALL), or perhaps WDW's defunct Alien Encounter. Okay, Alien is scary, but it was unfair of WDW to replace it with something still scary but with a familiar character...

• Sock Puppet

I've been working HISTA and I can say that it hasn't gotten that old just yet. Granted the film itself is pretty lame but people still jump when the mice get into the theatre or when the snake comes on screen. We still have children who want to leave the theatre because it is scary. I think as long as people are reacting to it that it is still doing it's job.

• Hooterville, USA

HISTA good.
    Innoventions bad.
    Grunt.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Exactly...and Captain EO was way past its prime. And people can stop ragging on Innoventions now.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I like HISTA, though I would not cry if it were replaced. The issue I have is that I have been seeing it at Epcot since like...1994? and it has gotten old to me, but at DL, it's not that old.

I like Innoventions, but they need to switch exhibits out more often (same problem is seen at Epcot), because it isn't all that repeatable, especially for APs. They should add some kewl stuff, like the things you find in Mission: SPACE's post show at Epcot--Mission: SPACE RACE and the like...then maybe people would come, cuz that is fun.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    But then I hear people crying out for Captain EO? Captain EO was 11 years old, and quite dated, when it closed in April 1997. The only reason people want it back is because we have not seen it in awhile. It would get old again.
    I agree with what you said above, but more importantly, how can DL bring back Captain EO considering the kind of trouble that Michael Jackson has gotten himself into? Would his image really be appropriate for Disney now?

Dan

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmoran
    I agree with what you said above, but more importantly, how can DL bring back Captain EO considering the kind of trouble that Michael Jackson has gotten himself into? Would his image really be appropriate for Disney now?

Dan
    Just goes to show you that people will complain about anything and everything. I don't want Jackson anywhere near the Magic Kingdom...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

HISTA is fine...and Innoventions is cool.

• Minion

Innoventions sucks. Wow... I can play with computers and play crappy Disney games!

Why would someone spend over $50 a ticket to do that? Take it out, put in a cool animatronic show and make the back of tomorrowland fun again.

• șoș Tom șoș

Innoventions just need to be reinvented...Sorry having to wait over 5 minutes to enter a spinning building is fricking insane!?!?!?!?!? Then I love Nathan Lane but Tom Morrow is so irritating and having to put up with some inane forced commercial as I enter the building is almost as bad as the wait I endured to get in...

Once inside whatever, the exhibits aren't eye popping but there are fun things to do and see...I would want for less current technology and more presentations on future technologies still being worked out...

Really its getting into the interior of the building that makes the whole thing pale in comparrison to what it could or should be.

• Minion

Both Innoventions and Honey both suck (though I have yet to see Asimo) and need to go.

They are embarrassments to Walt Disney's legacy - - especially when we used to have such one-of-a-kind delights as Carousel of Progress and Adventure Thru Inner Space.

Try again. It's just not good enough.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Keep Stitch, if not in Innoventions, then somewhere else, all I have to say!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I hope there will never be ANOTHER Stitch ride (no clones of the one in WDW). I hate cartoonization.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Keep Stitch, if not in Innoventions, then somewhere else, all I have to say!
    Remodel all of the Aladdin Oasis and retake it for Stitch's Tahitan Terrace, put him in there with scantly clad polynessian dancers---hell they are 3 miles from Chapman one of the largest mainland destinations for Hawaiians, why not put the dancers back and give some love to Stitch over there!

Quote Originally Posted by moterboatcruise2005
    I hope there will never be ANOTHER Stitch ride (no clones of the one in WDW). I hate cartoonization
    I think she means the interactive Stitch upstairs are innoventions...not a clone and very underappreciated part of Innoventions that could be moved to AdeventureLand...

• Banned User

Also Captain EO was there way longer than HISTA yet nobody complained it was dated, although it REALLY was. It had a cooler theme but it was d-a-t-e-d.