Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• What have I done?

Muppets we want the muppets!

Muppet parade in DCA, ow great would that be!!! Or a live action moving calvacade of the muppets. So many ideas coem to mind with these characters

"This guy!"

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Get a video of Lion King Celebration parade. Then figure it out.
    Good call!! Or just bring it back! Or set up huge video screens along the parade route and show it! It would be better. Although, they did OK with POD. Just happy not to see the ugly gold things anymore from the "other" parade.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Again! Again! Again!

Oh yeah, and I think we need more diversity in the parades. They should have a Villains parade at Halloween, like at DLP. That would be so cool. And instead of Mickey at the end, they have Jack Skellington!

And they do need to redo the Christmas parade, no matter where it ends up. Especially the music part of it! Yikes.
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• off in lala land

NO PARADE STOPS... we were unfortunate to watch the @ss of Beauty of the Beast's float. It really sucked because all you saw were utensils running back and forth; and also all we heard were the mufflins battle tunes of Pinochio and beauty and the beast. Five minutes of torture :sigh:
    ...it's been a long time.

• Circle of Ancients

A lifelike animatronic dragon! But I'd like to see that anywhere in the park... LOL

• Differently clued

I like the parades that are based on the characters, but not necessarily the movies that they come from. For example, Party Gras wasn't based on a collection of film floats, but it still had that Disney magic because it included several recognizable characters. It was an interesting and unique theme that was simple, but fun.

I also liked the Mulan parade because it was exotic. The acrobats and the other performers were things that I've never seen anywhere else and it made the parade a must-see.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Hooterville, USA

Just gimme MSEP. Quit horsing around with the others.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

an amazing finale unit with a huge cast- characters and dancers.

confetti.

straight roll-through, no show stops.

a parade based on the magic of disneyland and its various lands instead of the movies the characters came from. (a float unit per land...sort of like the MMKC but on an enormous scale)

amazing costuming.

trick work, ie- rhythmic gymnastics, ribbon work, banners, flags, tap, skates, tramps, webs, balls, aerialists...

units with satellites. (ie electical parade's cinderella's ball unit- coach, tower, canopy 1, canopy 2, palace)

no guest interaction, leave the work to professional performers.

a truly immersive theme.

• Directly directed

I'm very excited (and quite content) with the new Alice in Wonderland Float.

• Again! Again! Again!

It may not be original, but we could make it a little different, but SpectroMagic! Love MSEP, but this was a little better. <<me ducking>>
    I bring the magic!!!

I liked the parade for Blast to the Past, especially the section that included all the shows from the 50's, especially especially when the characters, Lucy, Ricky, The Mouseketeers, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. danced around to the respective theme music. Party Gras, Mulan, Hercules & Lion King were all fun, too. My circle of friends were hoping Light Tragic was going to be a technical update of MSEP, but boy, were we dissapointed.

• Know More Than You Should

I'd love to see an actual Disneyland themed parade. While "Parade of Dreams" is a good parade, it has very little to do with the parks themselves, despite the fact that that is what it is supposed to be celebrating. Disneyland attractions have some of the most memorable scenes, characters and music. What about a Partners Statue float, with a live Walt and Mickey waving to the croud. What about the organ and ballroom scene from Haunted Mansion? Or maybe a streching-room themed float that actually stretches. What about the Sea Witch (pirate ship) battling with the Spanish mainland? The two floats could go down the parade route firing at each other, with certain active elements in each float reacting to hits from the other. What about a Jungle Cruise boat with a skipper on a megaphone, rattling off some of the famous jokes from the ride. What about a Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters float, with Z targets that audience members could shoot at. A large Audio-Anamatronic Zurg could be on the float, and when defeated, there would be a puff of smoke and he would be put into his toybox. What about an Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye float with Indy battling a large snake, and almost falling into various hidden traps. What about a retrospective Tomorrowland float, with attraction vehicals from Tomorrowland's past, as well as Tom Morrow from Innoventions. And what about a Sleeping Beauty Castle float with the fab five, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy. These are just a few ideas, mind, but there is a vast amount of source material avaible in the Disney parks, and not just Disneyland either.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbigguy
    I liked the parade for Blast to the Past, especially the section that included all the shows from the 50's, especially especially when the characters, Lucy, Ricky, The Mouseketeers, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. danced around to the respective theme music.
    Huh? I don't remember anything like this in the Blast parade... :confused:
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Banned User

Neither do I and I saw it about 5 times!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lilbigguy
    My circle of friends were hoping Light Tragic was going to be a technical update of MSEP, but boy, were we dissapointed.
    ..and what they learned from that fiasco, they fixed with "Dreamlights" at TDL, and voila! We have a winner parade in Tokyo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12