Need Opinions- What you want in future Parades!!!
I am trying to get some opinions and comments on this subject:
What would all of you like to see in future Disney parades?
This can include everything from costumes to floats to music to theme/motif.
Please, please by specific and thoroughly describe what you would like to see.
This is about future parades, not the current ones running.
What Makes Great Disney Parades
I think that there are a set of things that make a great Disney parade:
1) Characters—*Kids and adults love the Disney characters. Pixar are fine, but the Disney ones are better for Kids and adults. They should be both on the floats and walking the street. I have noticed that lately the best characters are not walking the street any more and interacting with the kids. I think that is a shame.
2) Music— As the electrical parade proves, a great unique song can add the Disney magic. A good soundtrack has both elements of proven Disney music hits but also can have unique theme song. What you want is people humming the song after the parade has gone by.
3) Color— Children love color. Adults are charmed by bright, colorful floats. That is one reason the RTD parade is so attractive and the previous one was such a dud was color.
4) Magic— A Disney parade has to have magic. That means animation on the float, or colorful lights or water falls or confetti. I think that the present parade has magic with the water and jumping puppets. I remember the older parades that released balloons at several places on the route. As a child, I was so excited to see the balloons float to the sky.
5) Length— I think that six or seven units are the minimum number. Just five seems a bit short. Some of the recent parades gave the impression that it was too short. After all, if you wait for a hour to get a good spot to see the parade and then have the parade over in 15 minutes, it leaves a bad impression with you.
6) Interaction— I think of all the Disney parades, interaction was a big selling point. Kids are drawn to the characters. Adults love to film their kids with the parade participants. WDW does something that is boring. They put kids and adults who were watching the parade, in their parades. That is BORING. Parents love watching their own kids in the parade, but no one likes watching other kids just walk in the parade. This is boring!
7) Theme— A good theme can make or break the parade. The Mardi Gras theme was very popular. Any type of party theme works well. My favorite part of the EP was the Cinderella unit because it was the royal ball and the dancing was going. Both kids and adults loved that one. Other party themes like New Years, Happy Birthday, or Halloween would work fine. There are many others that could be done.
8) Grand Finale— A great parade has a punch at the end. Santa Claus provides a perfect example for the Christmas parades. Mickey and Minnie, do that somewhat, but I am thinking of the big finish. Those balloons were always released at the end. It was a simple thing, but you always hoped that they would stop and release them right in front of you.